Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help
y51710 Offline

Likes Given: 4
Need help
So basically I am a new to the vape thing. Started 3 weeks ago. Bought a Kbox mini platinum starter kit from kangertech. Absolutely fell in love with vaping. I have already upgraded to a rx 2/3 with a uwell crown. I love the rx but am not thrilled with the crown. Everyone tells me to go with the smok tvfv8 or whatever you call it. I know you all know. But I've been told that tank is only good if you run atleast 70 watts and I'm only up to 50. Is this true? And also I'm kind of thinking on tryng a drip tank or whatever you call them. Can anybody give advice on a good one for the rx 2/3 like I said I'm brand new so I have no idea what I'm doing. Please help me. Need to fix this asap
13-10-2016 02:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
RE: Need help
(13-10-2016 02:11 AM)y51710 Wrote:  So basically I am a new to the vape thing. Started 3 weeks ago. Bought a Kbox mini platinum starter kit from kangertech. Absolutely fell in love with vaping. I have already upgraded to a rx 2/3 with a uwell crown. I love the rx but am not thrilled with the crown. Everyone tells me to go with the smok tvfv8 or whatever you call it. I know you all know. But I've been told that tank is only good if you run atleast 70 watts and I'm only up to 50. Is this true? And also I'm kind of thinking on tryng a drip tank or whatever you call them. Can anybody give advice on a good one for the rx 2/3 like I said I'm brand new so I have no idea what I'm doing. Please help me. Need to fix this asap
Welcome to TVF. Can you tell me what you don't like about the Crown? I have 2 and their my favorite tank.
I hear nothing but good things about TFV8. The only issues I've heard about are the expense of the coils and it drinks juice. If you make your own juice, that's not an issue. If you buy store juice it can get pricey. Yes, I think you'll need to up your wattage, you'll loose battery life, but if the tank can handle it, no worries.
I don't know about the RX2/3. I think a couple of people had them on the forum.

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
13-10-2016 02:25 AM
y51710 Offline

Ok like I said I'm brand new to this. Is there supposed to be an o ring on the bottom part of the glass. I know there is one on top. But noticed when took it apart the other day there was none on the bottom. It leaks a little bit from the bottom as well. And to be honest I can't find the but I want even when adjusting the air thing on the sides. I'm not writing it off yet I'm going to keep it for now . Just wanted to know a little more about the other one I mentioned and then anything j could find about drip boxes of I'm saying that right lol
13-10-2016 03:37 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Welcome to the forum! 

The term you're looking for is "RDA." It's short for "rebuildable dripping atomizer."

Any RDA will work with that mod. I really wouldn't recommend getting one until you know what you're doing, though. There's a lot you should know before using one. First of all, RDAs are rebuildable, which means you have to build your own coils. That means buying wire and wick, learning how to wrap coils, learning how to install them into the RDA. You can buy pre-made RDA coils, which in that case all you'd have to do is install them, but they're way overpriced and aren't as good as what you can make at home. Also it's a good idea to learn a bit about Ohm's Law and how it works. Basically Ohm's Law is a math equation that helps you figure out how you can build your coils while being safe. 

That said, RDAs are well worth the effort and the learning curve. I just don't recommend them to complete beginners as you've described yourself because they can be dangerous if not handled carefully. 
13-10-2016 01:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Fatboy (10-13-2016)
y51710 Offline

I appreciate the feedback I mentioned in there I'm not ready yet I just wanted to get some basic information. Could you suggest a regular tank for my mod? I'm not happy with my current crown 
13-10-2016 03:20 PM
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,699
I have heard good things about the Clieto and the Zephryus v2, among others. I personally loathe anything from Starre and would avoid that brand. There are a lot of really good tanks out there and I'm sure you will get more good suggestions here as well.
13-10-2016 03:26 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
y51710 (10-13-2016)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,927
Take a look at the Triton - great tank that does not leak and the coils are a reasonable price and for ready made they are pretty good. Also look at the Atlantis - it uses the same coils. Both tanks would be OK on the mod you have. Best of luck with your choice - as already stated - there is a big variety of tanks out there.
13-10-2016 06:19 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
y51710 (10-13-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Another tank worth looking at is the Arctic. It's a great one. The Herakles is another good one, and it can use Atlantis coils too (though the Herakles coils are better). 
13-10-2016 09:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,588
Welcome to TVF y5.

Since you have already purchased the CROWN, I'll suggest you try the different coil options available including the ceramic coils. I have 2 CROWN tanks and although I have sort of outgrown them, I do occasionally pull one out for something different...

I also have the TFV8, great tank but definitely a high wattage use unit - the T8 coil recommends 80W-120W for max performance...the rebuildable deck vapes best at 80W....the CLEITO is a great tank as well, the CLEITO 120 even better - my experience with these tanks has been that unless you have a great deal of $$$$, are doing DiY for ejuice or have a great ejuice source, these tanks will go through juice like crazy.
13-10-2016 09:27 PM
y51710 Offline

Ended up with the tfv8 by far made the best choice I believe. Absolutely love it. I'm running it on 85 and it is giving off great flavor plus huge clouds. Thank you all for advice m. Definitely suggest this tank 
14-10-2016 06:36 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like y51710's post:
Chum (10-16-2016), Fatboy (10-14-2016), Michael (10-15-2016)