Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need a bit of help....Ego One with Subtank
d.weglarz13 Offline

Likes Given: 1
Need a bit of help....Ego One with Subtank
Hey guys.  I have been searching but haven't found an answer.   I am looking into the Kanger subtank Mini.
I just love everything about it, and about to order one but have a few questions first. 

First off, I come from smoking Newports, so I am looking for a cooler vape than a lot of people seem to love. At the store by me, I tried a bunch of different setups, and the subtank mini wasn't bad when I turned down the voltage to like 20 watts on an istick 30 box battery.  I also love the look and quality of the subtank mini and nano.  But, please give me some advice if you can on the cooler vape.   I also seem to prefer a tighter draw, like cigarettes, and the mini subtank with only one hole open seems to work good for me.

If I understand correctly, I will probably use the 1.2 ohm coil for cooler hits?  I really want to get into rba also, but not if the rebuildables are only good for huge clouds and HOT vape.

Is there a way to shoot for a cooler hit with a RBA?[

Another question also.   I am in love with the ego ONE battery, in that beautiful small slim form factor with the subtank nano being the same diameter, it would just make the experience that much better for me, since form factor really means a lot to me.

But, is there any reason the ego ONE battery(unregulated, no variable voltage) wouldn't work?  I mean, i still am unsure if I will like the 1.2 or .5 coils for the bit cooler hit, so I may have to run both with the battery.   Everyone seems to recommend the istick 30, but I kinda hate the look/form factor of that setup.

I hope this all makes some sense, I really am desperate to place an order, but just don't have the funds to buy extra crap right now.   And, Im not sure I will "love" the setup with the istick box style battery, and I really want to quit smoking.   Having it on me all day and night, and using it is very important for me to be successful at quitting the cigs.  So, please don't think me as offensive about the box batteries looking bad, its just my opinion.  But I saw some pics of the nano with the ego One battery and i'm just in love.

If anyone can help me out, and save me from making a bad decision, it would really help out.   The combo of these tanks and ego one just looks so nice.   But, if the box type is a must, then I will have to live with that.

Thanks so much in advance.  I am desperately looking and searching for my answers, but can't seem to find any real info on this.

Dave
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2015 12:12 AM by d.weglarz13.)
05-03-2015 12:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
RE: Need a bit of help....Ego One with Subtank
Since the Ego 1 can handle .50 coils it should fire the Subtank, however it may be firing at a lower wattage than optimum for the subtanks. If you were happy with it on the i stick, just go ahead and get that setup.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
05-03-2015 03:57 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Rebuildable atties are not only for big clouds and hot vapes. I personally prefer a cooler vape, and I've found that there are ways to get a cool vape out of most RDAs. It mostly depends on airflow, more airflow means cooler vapor, but it also means bigger clouds. If you like a tighter draw like a cigarette, you'll want to stick with tanks instead of drippers. 
I don't know as much about tanks as some of the people on here, since I use RDAs almost exclusively, but my suggestion would be to follow madecov's suggestion. He knows a lot more about tanks than me, and I'd take his word. The iStick is a great device, I have one and I love it, and I've heard great things about the Sub tank so I'm sure they would work well together. 
05-03-2015 07:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,460
Welcome to TVF Dave Drinks
05-03-2015 08:37 AM
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,923
Hi and welcome Dave! 

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
05-03-2015 08:59 AM
d.weglarz13 Offline

Thanks guys.  I appreciate all the help.  Hey, if I wanted a cool vape, and wanted to rebuild, what would you say I need to order for the RBA?  Thin wire?  But how thin?  Cotton? anything else?   I really want to get started right away, and dial in everything so I find what I love.   I may just end up going with both the istick and the ego one battery....

ya know, for a backup lol
05-03-2015 07:31 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
When you're rebuilding an atty, you need wire, cotton (or rayon or silica, depending on your preference), wire cutters, scissors, tweezers, some drill bits, and an ohm meter. The tweezers are for straightening the coils once you've wrapped them. The drill bits are to wrap the coils around. Wire cutters are kind of obvious. Scissors for cutting the wick. And an ohm reader to make sure you build the coil to the right resistance. 

As far as the wire goes, I suggest either 28 or 30 ga. They're thin enough to build higher resistance builds, but still thick enough to be easier to work with. Really thin wire tends to be a bit springy, so it's harder to get the coils to stay in the right shape. 
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2015 04:11 AM by Michael.)
06-03-2015 04:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
d.weglarz13 Offline

Great thanks again for the help.  

So, ended up getting both......ordered the One kit online, and went to the store to grab the mini subtank and the istick 30.   I am loving this thing already.  

Question:   Am I supposed to remove the tank before I charge the thing?  Just curious..Thanks

Will update tomorrow....!!!
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2015 04:40 AM by d.weglarz13.)
06-03-2015 04:35 AM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,460
That's awesome Dave! I'm glad you're enjoying it Good

Regarding leaving the tank on when charging, that's no problem at all. Some devices will even let you vape while it's charging.
06-03-2015 09:20 AM
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,270
Welcome Dave. Sounds like your all sorted. Vape On Good

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
06-03-2015 09:41 AM