Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need New Pen Type
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
Need New Pen Type

Ok, Im looking for a vapor pen, which may "look like" one of those kanger catomizers and a EGO battery, but it needs to be much more powerful.

Is there anything like this out there, the "e shisha" 510 :0 was a good start for me, but quickly I moved to a bottom coil clearmizer, then gave up, most of the time it just wasnt very much vape.

Dont know if I have to go sub ohm, dont know if I have to have 50W at a guess it would need to use a 18650 battery and a good protected controller.

So anything like it thats good?

Im happy with my Kanger subox mini, but when I recommend a starting device to people I would like to recommend something more powerful than those £3.50 kits
11-02-2016 04:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
RE: Need New Pen Type
Pen vapes are not always the correct way to start.  I struggled to stay quit with one, and it wasn't until I graduated to more serious mods that I was able to say I didn't think aboput smoking anymore.  Most of the people I know that say "I tried to quit using those things and it didn't work", started with eGo style devices.

OTOH, there are people that have vaped for years, that still prefer them, and never "graduate" to subohming.

Different things work for different people.  Nowadays, when working on a new convert, I ask a whole bunch of qualifying questions about their other smoking habits.  Do smoke cigs exclusively?  How many?  Do they smoke hookah (a strong case to be made for subohming from day 1 if they frequently do)?  Do you smoke weed?  If so, do they prefer joints, bowls, or bongs?  etc.

For this reason, i'm a huge fan of recommending things like the SubBox or the eVic/eGo One combo from day 1.  They have high resistance coils that are great for people that want to MTL at low power levels, while offering room to grow for people that take up bigger hits, and offering enough power to matter to people that can start off with the big stuff.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
11-02-2016 05:38 PM
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Well first inline for one is my son :- I have sent him lots of pens and bigger batteries. He also smokes tobacco. He was telling me they work for him, and has reduced the number of roll ups he has. So straight away I new something was wrong because if the device is working as it should, you just don't feel like a cigarette.. well not in the first few weeks anyway.

There is also the wife.. a hopeless case right now and despite my best efforts so far she wont use them, too strong, she uses a menthol filter with a roll up, makes me cough if she made one up for me and put one of those in.

So I have a challenge to convert these two

Its good in some respects that my son is finding the cost of smoking too much, £30 week he says as can no longer get cheap tobacco. Weed, well I wouldn't say he smokes it much but has done.. Who hasn't given it a try, I did for pain relief with nerve damaged, works on first but never on second.

So heavy tobacco smokers, they use filters and GV tobacco, neither drink. So no cloud chasers here, and perhaps the sub ohm Im using, Direct to lung might be too much to start with?

Il go look up the eVic/eGo One combo then
11-02-2016 05:56 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
I'd suggest a small mod, something like the Subox or basically any other small single 18650 mod, with a Nautilus Mini tank. The Nautilus Mini gives the same "mouth-to-lung" puff as a cigarette, so it's often much better for smokers trying to quit than a sub-ohm tank would be. I recommend a small mod simply because most people don't like having to lug around a giant box mod all day, ideally something smaller than a pack of cigarettes is best. It doesn't have to be powerful, as the Nautilus can only handle about 10W max anyway, so a single 18650 should last all day at that low power. 
My favorite low-power mod is the Innoken MVP 2.0 but it's pretty big and not quite as readily available these days since it's a very old device. Another option is the UD Balrog, I got one a week or two ago and it's really nice, it comes with a tank that can use higher resistance coils for mouth-to-lung vaping and can also sub-ohm. It's a very nice compact mod, I've got a full review of it in the mod reviews section. 
11-02-2016 06:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Ok been looking at the Ego One, seams they all have the fixed battery pack, and none can be replaced, so special battery inside? Also wondering why the GS Ego2 2200mah batteries I already bought cant be used then?

I also see some eGo ONE VT that comes with CL-Ni 0.2ohm and one CL-Ti 0.4ohm, so no Kanthal wire here.

It Certainly looks just right but for a device that costs the same as the big box mods, but uses a special battery. The eGo ONE Mega even costs more.

So non replaceable battery, so whole bottom half throw away ?
11-02-2016 07:25 PM
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Have you got some exact model numbers, finding it hard to find things that are made up.

evic vtc mini with the ego one combo

As I dont know what either of those are, cant find ego one combo on its own, or is it just a evic vtc and a ego one
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 07:50 PM by KingJohn.)
11-02-2016 07:50 PM
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Innoken MVP 2.0, like the puff counter, and those clearmizer look like the stuff on ebay, which I have lots of (2.4ohms)
11-02-2016 07:53 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
I think he meant VTC mini or the eGo One combo, not both. At least that's the way I read it. 
The eGo One is basically a very simple device with a built-in battery that you can charge via micro-USB. The tank that comes with it can be used for sub-ohm or with higher resistance coils for mouth-to-lung. It is also 510 threaded so you can use basically any tank or RDA with it. It's essentially a more powerful version of the eGo pen, but a bit bigger. It's about the same size as a mechanical mod. 
I really like the MVP 2.0, it's the device that I upgraded to after I got sick of the eGo pens, and I used it for nearly a year before upgrading. I wish I still had it, I gave it to a coworker to help her quit smoking but now I miss it lol. It's got insane battery life, mine lasted for several days on a single charge. The puff counter resets to 000 if you turn it off though, so be aware of that if you intend to use the puff counter. 
11-02-2016 09:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
I always say eVic instead of VTC.  That's like the 10th time I've done that, and I don't know why.  The VTC kits I've seen came with a tank that was billed as an eGo One.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2016 12:54 AM by Almost Jaded.)
12-02-2016 12:53 AM
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Well I am looking at features, and comparing to my Kanger, so the eGo ONE 2200mAh is the same price as my Kanger. And for a throw away battery that seams expensive. So whats the battery inside ? I have seen people on youtube replacing batteries in throw away devices, so just 4 screws and a magnetic battery contacts, I think this type is much harder and shouldn't be messed with.

So eGo ONE 2200mAh, might as well by the Kanger box mod far better, same price.. well from Joytech anyway

Edit:Oh yer £10 more for me for a battery
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2016 01:27 AM by KingJohn.)
12-02-2016 01:21 AM