Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need A Little Guidance
TechnoWolf Offline

Likes Given: 2
Need A Little Guidance
Hi all, I'm new here and looking for some guidance. I'm an ex tobacco smoker of a pack a day full flavors. I quit about three years ago and have since then been vaping a LostVape Orion Q with 1.0ohm pods using 18MG e-liquid. The combination is decent for me but is a little harsh on the lungs, although I'm used to it by now. As you may know, the Orion Q is on the outs with availability of pods, etc. so I've been told to look at the Voopoo Drag Mini as a newer, modern kit. It comes with a 0.6 ohm P2 Single Mesh Coil rated for 24-28W and a 0.13 ohm N1 Single Mesh Coil that is rated for 50-100W. Here's where my confusion comes in. I've researched what all that means, and from what I'm reading and if I'm understanding it right, an 0.6 ohm at 24-28W will produce more vapor, but wear down the coil, battery and juice quicker, because of the lower ohms. An 0.13 ohm at 50-100W will produce less vapor and conserve the battery and juice. What's confusing is that I'm reading (and it makes sense) that higher wattage reduces the battery faster, and burns juice faster. Something is not adding up. Further, it seems apparent that attempting to use 18mg e-liquid in the Voopoo Drag Mini will yield a nuclear event in my lungs. I've been told to drop the mg down to 12mg or 6mg.

In the end, what I'm after is for the Voopoo Drag Mini to hit similar to the LostVape Orion Q but with perhaps more vapor, a smoother lung hit (not so harsh), but still provide enough nic to satisy me while not feeling the need to chain vape to get enough. What do you suggest? Thanks in advance for any guidance.
29-07-2020 04:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Online
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 24,421
RE: Need A Little Guidance
(29-07-2020 04:24 PM)TechnoWolf Wrote:  Here's where my confusion comes in. I've researched what all that means, and from what I'm reading and if I'm understanding it right, an 0.6 ohm at 24-28W will produce more vapor, but wear down the coil, battery and juice quicker, because of the lower ohms. An 0.13 ohm at 50-100W will produce less vapor and conserve the battery and juice. What's confusing is that I'm reading (and it makes sense) that higher wattage reduces the battery faster, and burns juice faster. Something is not adding up. Further, it seems apparent that attempting to use 18mg e-liquid in the Voopoo Drag Mini will yield a nuclear event in my lungs. I've been told to drop the mg down to 12mg or 6mg.

Welcome aboard. I can't offer assistance with VooPoo because they have been bad neighbors to the vaping community so they're on my No list.

But, about the Ohm's... The lower the Ohms, the higher the power needed. When you get below around 1 Ohm, MTL vaping is not really recommended because of the power needed for the coil. The lower Ohms you go, the higher the power needed.

And yes, 18mg freebase nic would be nuclear with DL vaping. There is the option of using nic salts if higher mg is desired.
29-07-2020 04:47 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
TechnoWolf (07-30-2020)
TechnoWolf Offline

Thanks, TinWhisker. What would you recommend instead of Voopoo? I'm vaping DL with the Orion Q. I open the air valve most of the way. So, between 0.6 ohm and 0.13 ohm what would you recommend based on what I'm after, if I stick with freebase nic?
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2020 05:35 PM by TechnoWolf.)
29-07-2020 05:34 PM
TinWhisker Online
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 24,421
Oh, there's so many devices out there, hard to really recommend just one. And just because I don't like VooPoo doesn't mean you have to skip them.

I would say that you'll want a dual battery mod over a single. The iPV-VIT is actually pretty nice if you don't mind composite. What sorts of qualities are important? Performance, TC, aesthetics, etc?
29-07-2020 06:58 PM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,328
You are looking at pod devices then there are a few :

Voopoo Drag S or Voopoo Drag X - one is external 18650 battery (X). Both are great vapes.
Aegis Boost - I use this regularly. Great device.

Both these devices come with multiple coil options to get the vape perfect for you. Both have replaceable coils and are refillable. The Voopoos use more watts and therefore more juice. But even the Boost uses more than the Q.

For a tighter MTL you need something like the Caliburn or the Koko pod (I use both). The Koko by Uwell is my favorite for design (both these devices use identical pods). The pods are evrywhere. Not likely to run like the Q. And they are smooth and use little juice. Google them and see the reviews. However the pods do not have replaceable coils

Now the Q pods disappeared because people are using the Orion Go and the Orion Go plus whose pods are not compatible. The plus in fact has replaceable coils and replay - way better than the Q and easily obtainable. For what you are used to this is probably a good way to go.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2020 10:00 PM by paulS.)
29-07-2020 09:57 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like paulS's post:
Chuck-Drl (08-04-2020), ecignut (07-30-2020), TechnoWolf (07-30-2020), TinWhisker (07-30-2020)
TechnoWolf Offline

Thanks, PaulS. I'll give those a look and go with one of them. I appreciate it!!
30-07-2020 04:07 PM