Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My review of the Orchid v 4
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
My review of the Orchid v 4
If you are a "tank person" DO NOT pass this by!
I've been vaping for just less than a year, and have been using a Kayfun Lite nearly the entire time as it was my first RBA. My work has me driving 2-300 miles a day, so I have no time for dripping and driving.
Upon opening the package the Tobecco OrchidĀ  comes in a small box, containing the Orchid, a small bag of wire (I never use supplied wire), a small bag of wicking (much nicer than what I'm used to finding in a production package) I'll keep this for possible later use, and a third bag containing a complete assortment of replacement phillips screws, a set of optional Allen screws, AND.. an Allen wrench. They are accompanied by a full set of O-rings, and of course the omnipresent blue screwdriver. Just the quality of the parts asst. has already been a very pleasant surprise.
This piece is an incredibly fast and easy build (much faster and easier than the KFL), I used 28 ga. kanthal, 2 coils, 6 wraps on a 1/8th post, resulting in a .6 ohm build. Since this was a review, I decided to put it in my DNA-30 clone. I loaded just less then 4 mls, and fired it first @ 30 watts, that, kicks like mule! I backed it off to 15 watts, which rendered a very nice cool and open draw. I then backed it off to the setting I had used with my KFL (10.0 watts) and got the same, very full and satisfying draw, with very good vapor and flavor production.
Again, let me stress, this is a piece you shouldn't pass by. I say its a must have to any collection.
Let me also say.... I now consider my Kayfun to be OBSOLETE.
My sincere hopes that you find this to be the exceptional piece of quality and value that I did!
(http://www.fluidvapes.com/atomizers/orch...rta-clone)
Two thumbs up!
Thanks for reading.

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
18-11-2014 12:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Galaxyrider's post:
apt323 (11-21-2014), BOB (11-19-2014), Spasmod (11-18-2014)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
RE: My review of the Orchid v 4
Thanks for the review, GR! I've always been interested in the Orchid in my search for the perfect RTA. One day I'll try it. Right now, after using the Lemo Drop, my search appears to have ended but there is always the chance the Orchid might be as nice. I've seen them cheap enough that I will have to try one someday for sure. Wink
18-11-2014 01:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,460
RE: My review of the Orchid v 4
Thanks very much Phoenix! now I need to get a Lemo Drop AND an Orchid Tongue

Good
18-11-2014 04:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply