Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My noobness isn't as bad, but still need hints. Just rants.
Let-There-Be-Light Offline

Likes Given: 1
My noobness isn't as bad, but still need hints. Just rants.
About 2 weeks with no cigs now.  I figured out to buy stuff on Fleabay and Fasttech.  I still love Madvapes Icicle Apple juice though.  I figured out what causes dry burnt hits, but gurgling is still eluding me.  I'm getting close though.  I went from plain Evod things to twists and now have an MVP 2.0 which really helps my education since I know Ohm's Law.  My favorite tanks are "Genuine EVOD" from Ebay that aren't genuine so I can't find them again Sad.   I've got iTaste 30 and mini ViVA or somethings but I like bottom coil and maybe even single coil so far to prevent dry hits.  EVOD with 1.8 - 2.2 Ohm FTW!  Froghairvapors on ebay is close to me and sells real Evod tanks and coils cheap so I stocked up.  I have like 15 tanks and 25 coils..   I also got 1,2,3mm wick and 30mm 32mm wire to play with rebuilding them for a better vape but it hasn't arrived yet.  

So far I've converted 2 friends from smokes to vapes, so I'm averaging 1 per week so far.  This might pick up after all the crap I ordered from FastTech comes in.  Lots of juice and batteries and chargers.   I really hope they don't regulate it too much.  It's such a bonus to get us old smokers off cigs.  I'm still waiting for my lungs to clean up more.  Back when I had only smoked 10 years I quit for a month and after a couple weeks it was a huge difference.  After 40 years of smokes it's not as fast.   Even after 40 years I was ok.  No emphysema.  I'm not coughing in the morning anymore, but I still don't feel like I can jump rope for an hour..Smile   After 40 years it might take months.  I wonder if my cilia can come back?    Thank you guys!  You are the best at helping old geezers to stop killing themselves..!

- Joe
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2014 02:50 AM by Let-There-Be-Light.)
19-04-2014 02:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Let-There-Be-Light's post:
JohnnyMac (04-19-2014), Spasmod (04-19-2014), vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
Pulsar Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 979
RE: My noobness isn't as bad, but still need hints. Just rants.
Want 6 new evod coils and a tank? They are all new, but took them out of the wrappers for easy storage. The tank was used very breifly, but I can clean it up with alcohol and soap and water before I ship it

edit: BTW, welcome to the forum!

[Image: 1299139200_30_1_USD_7.50_dark.png]
19-04-2014 03:32 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulsar's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
So awesome to hear, Joe!  You will slowly feel better day by day and eventually your lungs will clear up and heal.  Even though you've been fortunate to not get any type of lung disease after smoking for so long it's great that you quit now rather than later.  I'm not a smoker except for an occasional cigar but I enjoy the hell out of vaping my 0 nic juices but it's the hardware I think I'm addicted to more than anything.  Wait until you step up from the evods and clearos to some good mech mods and RDA/RBA atomizers.

Keep up the great work and we'll be here to support you on your journey. Smile
19-04-2014 03:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JohnnyMac's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,351
It's really great to hear that you're doing so well Joe Good and getting your friends involved with vaping too is a nice feeling. I've managed to convert two people also and they're still vaping after more than 6 months away from the stinkies.

Funnily it seems to be the women that are much more resistant than the men to quit the smokes and move to vaping, both of the convertee's wives have refused to stop smoking Confused

Thanks also for the feedback about us helping to influence your enjoyment of vaping, it fills me with pride to know that we've managed to help you in some way Smile The thing with switching to vaping instead of cold turkey is the symptoms of quitting seem to be less apparent. I've quit twice cold turkey in the past, once when I was in my late teens and again in my late twenties. Both times the symptoms hit hard and fast with terrible coughing, aches and pains followed by severe mood swings.

When I switched to vaping last year I never noticed any of the severe symptoms, only minor withdrawals but easily manageable and without the coughing too. The fitness and health benefits do seem to creep up slower too. One day you'll realise that you're no longer getting breathlessness when walking or doing chores around the house and garden. I had to mow the grass for the first time this year a few weeks back and after I thought "Wow I didn't have to stop for a rest every 10 minutes" I managed to do the entire garden in one hit! No more exercise induced headaches either, in fact I haven't had a single headache since I stopped smoking and I used to suffer with them terrible.

After 40 years of smoking I think your recovery will take longer but you will begin to notice the changes in a more subtle way.

Keep up the good work buddy, it only gets better and easier (your wallet may start to curse you again soon though) Big Grin
19-04-2014 12:40 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Spasmod's post:
18sixfifty (04-19-2014), vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Congrats and I'm glad to hear it's working so well for you. Just one thing to warn you about. You will have days in the future when Nothing and I mean Nothing seems to want to taste right or vape right. It happens to all of us for some reason. Just remember, this too shall pass, and you will be right back into the middle of great hits and great tastes before long. 

One more piece of advice real quick. Don't Panic Drink Water!  You are hitting the point now where there is a good chance you will start vaping enough to get dehydrated, some of that vapor you are blowing out is your own water. So drink water or something like gatoraid and if you start getting a sore throat get some hard candies.   

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
19-04-2014 01:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes 18sixfifty's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
Pulsar Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 979
I still have days that nothing will vape right or taste right. Another thing I had quite often was real vivid dreams of smoking. I mean vivid like those ones that you wake up and you are like "I cant believe I smoked after this long": and then you realize it was just a dream. I still have them on and off, but no where near as often as before

[Image: 1299139200_30_1_USD_7.50_dark.png]
19-04-2014 01:36 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulsar's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)