Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Testimony to E-Cigs
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
My Testimony to E-Cigs
Not so very long ago, I would wake up to violent coughing, an aching chest (from coughing) and of course that undeniable craving for a cigarette… Which I knew all too well was the very source of the coughing. I’m a 50 year smoker, burning 2+ packs a day. I LOVED TO SMOKE.  I’ve tried the patch, I’ve tried gum, pills, this, that, support groups, you name it, all, to no avail. I tried an e cig, I had no clue as to what to use, so I just chose one. (yes, it was a cheap one) It looked like a cigarette, and, it tasted nothing like a cigarette, it gave me none of the satisfaction, and it was heavy. Later that day, it went out the window just before I pulled into a store to buy another pack of cigarettes. A few weeks later, I was urged to try a specific brand of e cig. (Blu) and it honestly wasn’t much better, but it was quite a bit more expensive. That lasted me several days before I put it down as well. It didn’t taste good, and it made me cough even more than a cigarette did.
A few weeks later, a friend at church told me that she was having very good luck in her effort to quit smoking with an e cigarette, and she showed it to me.
This thing looked nothing like a cigarette, it had a long battery, with a push button on the side. It had what appeared to be a small tank at the top, containing a liquid, and a mouthpiece. She told me to press the button and take a puff from it just as I would a cigarette. When I did, I was delighted to have a nice cappicino taste left in my mouth.
I was really impressed. The following day,  I went to my cigarette store and instead of a pack of cigarettes, I bought an e-cig, like my friend at church had. When I purchased it, I was told that I would also have to get a bottle of liquid to go in it. There were a lot of flavors in their inventory, and several different nicotine strengths. The clerk was very helpful in helping me pick out what I needed, suggesting a Mango flavor after she and I had talked about flavors alternative to tobacco flavors. She also knew that I was a very heavy smoker, so she suggested the liquid with the highest concentration of nicotine. (2.4 mg) I noticed that these flavors came in strengths from 2.4 mg, down to, and including 0 mg. To me, this seemed a much more workable method than any of the others.

I gave the clerk my credit card, and was charged about $50.00 which paid for the E-Cig, battery and tank… A USB charging cable, and a bottle of Mango flavored liquid to put in the tank. That was slightly more than I would have paid for a carton of my regular brand of cigarettes. I went to my car, and filled the tank with liquid, screwed the tank onto the battery, and took my first puff. WOW! This tasted great, I used it for the remainder of the day. By the end of the first hour, I had no desire for another “Real Cigarette”. That bottle lasted me for a little more than 2 weeks.
Trust this: I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO TOBACCO!

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
22-05-2014 11:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 11 users Like Galaxyrider's post:
Almost Jaded (05-05-2015), Blair Vernon (07-19-2018), BOB (05-22-2014), Don (05-22-2014), gentlydoingit* (07-19-2018), Jack9211 (05-30-2018), JEFF (09-07-2015), priest2705 (07-03-2016), Spasmod (05-22-2014), Tichai (08-18-2017), TinWhisker (08-09-2015)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,351
RE: My Testimony to E-Cigs
Very heartwarming post Galaxyrider thanks for sharing your experience. You'll notice the health and fitness benefits when you're not expecting it, for me it was mowing the grass - I realised I had mowed the entire lawn and wasn't sweating or out of breath like I used to be.

First thing that gets you is your sense of smell.. suddenly you smell things you've never noticed before. I visited a friend of mine and told him that his dog Stinks!! Tongue

Keep up the great work, which will be easy because if you tried a cigarette now you'd find it disgusting and wonder to yourself how in the hell you ever smoked those for all those years Smile
22-05-2014 03:02 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Spasmod's post:
Chuck-Drl (07-19-2018), Galaxyrider (05-23-2014)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Congrats!!

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
22-05-2014 05:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes 18sixfifty's post:
Galaxyrider (05-23-2014)
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
(22-05-2014 03:02 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  Very heartwarming post Galaxyrider thanks for sharing your experience. You'll notice the health and fitness benefits when you're not expecting it, for me it was mowing the grass - I realised I had mowed the entire lawn and wasn't sweating or out of breath like I used to be.

First thing that gets you is your sense of smell.. suddenly you smell things you've never noticed before. I visited a friend of mine and told him that his dog Stinks!! Tongue

Keep up the great work, which will be easy because if you tried a cigarette now you'd find it disgusting and wonder to yourself how in the hell you ever smoked those for all those years Smile
Funny you should mention that, I smelled someone elses cigarette today.. you think that dog stank??!
I guess that was living proof to me that I am done with tobacco.. thank GOD!

(22-05-2014 05:03 PM)18sixfifty Wrote:  Congrats!!
Thank you.. thank you very much! lol.. no, Elvis wasn't ever in th' building.

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2014 12:15 AM by Galaxyrider.)
23-05-2014 12:12 AM
smokeavape Offline

Likes Given: 0
ecigs have helped a lot of people quick its great news!
22-10-2014 09:52 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
I'm right there with you mate, I used to love smoking, I even just loved the smell when I walked past someone smoking, and now I can't stand it. 
23-10-2014 06:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Spasmod (10-24-2014)
Cloudwalker Offline

Likes Given: 3
My story is similar to yours. 
I tried one of the very first ecigs from the gas station - went in the trash. 
I tried the Blu - went in the trash. 
I tried a cheap ecig with a built-in charger - it went in the trash. 
I tried an earlier style tank/pen style vape and I stayed off cigarettes for almost two days, but it just didn't cut it. Was probably just too low nic level - it went into the junk drawer. 
Months later I walk into my local vape shop and picked up an Atlantis 2.0 RTA with Segelie 100W mod and bam! I was done with those stinky smokes! It's quite an amazing difference once you find the right vape that works for you isn't it? =D
05-05-2015 12:12 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cloudwalker's post:
Michael (05-05-2015)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
A story that is getting to be more and more common.  Isn't it great..?  Smile

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
05-05-2015 07:43 AM
fender68 Offline

Likes Given: 0
I'm new to this forum. I've been dipping snuff for a long time and am trying to decide which box mod to buy. I've been online looking for the last two days and am a little over- whelmed at all of the info!! I can't wait to get started though!!
07-09-2015 05:32 PM
tuftony352 Offline

Likes Given: 269
Hi Galaxyrider:

Congrats on the switch! Spasmod pointed out in his post that the sense of smell improves. That's true, but it's also the case, since smell and taste are linked, that food should start tasting better too.

Cheers.

Careful... he's packing two i134 Terminators. Scare
07-09-2015 06:00 PM