Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Story
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,068
My Story
As with many of you guys out there thinking of getting into the world of Vaping, I was at a loss as to where to start... Everywhere you look on the Internet is a different product with a different manufacturer, all touting thier Vaping device as 'The Best there is!'

Some of these 'Ready-to-go' kits are marked up at astronomical prices too.

For me, it was pretty much Information Overload! After a week of educating (or trying to) myself, I was still not really any the wiser when it came down to making a choice.

With some advice from my good friend JohnnyMac and a few more runs through youtube watching review videos, I finally made up my mind and hit the Buy Button!

I decided to buy the Vamo V3 from Fasttech it comes in at $32.62 that's £20.90 in British money with the current exchange rate with free shipping worldwide. The unit which controls the burn and holds the cell is known as 'The Mod'

[Image: 1376700-17.jpg]

Now the thing about the Vamo is that it's able to use 1x 18650 Li-ion cell or 1 or 2 18350 Li-ion cells. This gives you the versatility in size if you find the single 18650 configuration a little too heavy or too long to fit in your jacket pocket or purse for a woman.

The second feature and the most imporant for me is the ability to control the power/voltage output. This has been invaluable for me and others I've spoken to. Purely due to that fact that when you're starting out, you'll more than likely find the hit to the throat just a little too harsh. The ability to control the power level give you full control over getting the Vape experience Just Right.

*Don't expect to be able to Vape billows of smoke like you see the guys on review videos doing right off the bat! - It takes a while to progress up to that level*

So what about Atomizer, Clearomizer, Cartomizer ? Who knows right ?

My first purchase in this department was the CE4s also from Fasttech. These come in at $2.56 each or £1.64, Out of the original 5 I bought with my first order, only one of them has been faulty so no real complaints from me there considering the price.

[Image: 1292701-1.jpg]

The CE4S units are actually very good indeed, but a word of warning! be 100% sure to check that the wick is fully saturated before you go for your initial Vape.. Also just as important is to take a few puffs and blow it right back out again. If you're an inhaler like me, don't inhale the first few puffs as it will be far too harsh.

Another word of advice from me is the voltage settings when you're starting out. The general concensus is 'Take the ohms and add 2 volts' so the CE4S 2.3ohm cartomizer.. that makes 4.3 volts right? Don't Do It!! it will blow your head off! 

My personal recommendation is to start off at about 3.2 volts and slowly bring it up from there.

So all in all, my Vaping experience so far has been just great. As for E-juice.. I went for the Liqua Traditional Tobacco flavour and that's been great too. I've tried a few other juices and so far none have compared. I'd like to try some American juices like Bobas Bounty but availability in the UK just isn't here.

The Hanseng E-juice isn't too bad but for me it's not as sophisticated as the Liqua juice (just personal opinion - whereas a friend of mine prefers the Hanseng)

Would I have done anything differently looking back now ? Definitely not.. The Vamo with the CE4S cartomizer is a great startup combination that won't cost you the earth and will give you all the control you need to make the beginners Vaping experience a good one that you'll want to continue with.

I was a 20+ a day 'Roll your own' smoker for the last 25 years and I haven't touched an Analogue Cigarette since the moment I first took a Vape. 

So while you may decide on a different setup than I did, hopefully this will give you guys out there looking to start out with Vaping a good base kit to go with.

I hope it helps someone at least!

Cheers guys and happy Vaping!

Spas
22-08-2013 05:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Spasmod's post:
TinWhisker (10-27-2016), vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
The Vaper Offline

Likes Given: 2
RE: My Story
Happy to see a fellow Vaper among us!
Lol, this is a vaping forum, sorry...

I, actually started fairly well, browsing many e cig forums, and subsequently getting banned from them, most likely since I knew more about vaping than they...

Once I got all my info, I decided to buy some small stuff and get started...
THEN I came across Mountain Oaks E-juice and I was hooked, and I kept getting nudged by other vapers to buy the oh so drooled over ProVari, however after 2 years, I still have not.

I don't usually smoke, and when I do, it's rarely going to be a cigarette, it is normally a cigar, however I had the miraculous ability to quit without effort and not get many if any cravings, but I always had a little itch, mostly because I've always liked cigars.

Anyways, so I was here and there buying joyetechs and spending 5 hours a day talking to Maggie and Shenzhen One and all that so finally, I decided I'd become a dealer, which actually turned out to be a profitable and bad decision, more on that in a bit...

So here I am, selling mods and juices and all that, and BAM, I get this opportunity to make thousands in one single venture...
Well, I did make that money, however because of my slow shipping, it took 6 months for 99% of people to get their mod, so that wasn't good at all...

But now, I'm going to start another venture up, and be the CHEAPEST dealer on this earth.

So, stay tuned.

Anyways, happy vaping.
22-08-2013 08:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Vaper's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Welcome to The Vaping Forum!

It sounds like you've had some trials and tribulations... Managed to get yourself banned a few times ? Smile let's hope your visit here isn't quite so short lived Big Grin

Happy Vaping my friend and thanks for your story
23-08-2013 11:25 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
well, I just ordered spasmods set up x 2 we'll see how me and mrs gords get on I suppose
25-08-2013 06:36 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gords1001's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
The Vaper Offline

Likes Given: 2
(23-08-2013 11:25 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  Welcome to The Vaping Forum!

It sounds like you've had some trials and tribulations... Managed to get yourself banned a few times ? Smile let's hope your visit here isn't quite so short lived Big Grin

Happy Vaping my friend and thanks for your story
Many trials and many failures...

Yes, I was banned for, I guess being TOO knowledgeable about Vaping, hehe!
Well, lets hope I don't get banned for giving anyone advise Big Grin

Thank you too.
25-08-2013 10:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Vaper's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

(25-08-2013 06:36 AM)gords1001 Wrote:  well, I just ordered spasmods set up x 2 we'll see how me and mrs gords get on I suppose

Awesome Graham, did you go for the Traditional Tobacco Liqua juice ? Also the American Blend is nice, Just a little bit lighter and very slightly nutty.

A friend on mine said the American Blend tastes much like real Golden Virginia Smile
25-08-2013 07:41 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
gords1001 Offline

I ordered a few different oils to try, I'm hoping to stay away from the tobacco flavored ones as I may decide I may as well just roll up lol, I also found the local garage sells the same oils at double fasttechs price so I do have that option.

I'm not entirely sure what to expect tbh so we'll see
26-08-2013 08:30 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

(26-08-2013 08:30 PM)gords1001 Wrote:  I ordered a few different oils to try, I'm hoping to stay away from the tobacco flavored ones as I may decide I may as well just roll up lol, I also found the local garage sells the same oils at double fasttechs price so I do have that option.

I'm not entirely sure what to expect tbh so we'll see

Nice one buddy, I'm sure you'll get on great with it! Almost 5 weeks for me Smile
28-08-2013 09:35 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Has your stuff arrived yet Graham ?
08-09-2013 05:10 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
gords1001 Offline

not yet. it took over a week for them to ship due to a c8 being out of stock, they eventually shipped without the c8 by singapore post as there were a lot of cells in that order, 32650's, 26650's 18650's and a charger for the big buggers as well as various mod bits for torches and the two vaping kits.

It was marked as dispatched overseas on the sixth so it could land at any point really, then it'll just depend on how lenient customs is and how quick my old landlord gets me the red slip as I've still not do a postal redirect and they used my old address lol.

so so far I'm still on the self rolled cancer sticks but hopefully soon I'll be able to see what this vaping lark is all about.
13-09-2013 02:05 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)