Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mutation X, and others
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
Mutation X, and others
Quote:I'm going to be getting several new toys in the very near future. The Mutation X, the Nucleus, the Big block 454, and the Big Budda, The Big Budda, is a no brainer.. that's a have to for horizontal coils. The other 3 tho seem to be well suited for Vertical coils, has anyone found that to be better than horizontal? I have been using cotton, would there be a better wicking medium for going vertical? I'm just thinking that vertical coils like that would make better use of the airflow.

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
06-10-2014 11:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
RE: Mutation X, and others
You have some really nice gear coming! I have a Nucleus and at the time I got it I thought it was nice but having tried other designs I don't care much for it at all and would recommend avoiding it. The other I really want to try though so I look forward to your thoughts on them.

I'm not a fan of vertical coils for a few reasons. First is for wicking purposes. With a horizontal wick you have two ends per coil wicking juice up from the well. It can provide juice twice as fast as a vertical coil. Second is airflow. I think horizontal coils do a better job with airflow especially since most larger air holes these days are cyclops style. Vertical are good in one style of atty as a whole and that's a genesis style.
06-10-2014 12:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,341
RE: Mutation X, and others
I use my Mutation X with horizontal coils. Just line up the bottom air holes with the coil and it works beautifully. 
06-10-2014 03:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply