Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mutation X RDA
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Mutation X RDA
I recently (read: 5 minutes ago) came across this video review of the Mutation X RDA. This thing looks absolutely amazing. Giant post holes, insane airflow and a really deep well. I'm hoping to find a shop where I can buy one, because honestly I really just don't like buying things online. Have any of you guys tried this thing? Is it as awesome as it looks?

23-09-2014 06:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
Galaxyrider (09-27-2014), Spasmod (09-23-2014)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,587
RE: Mutation X RDA
Thanks for sharing the vid.. looks nice. Off to watch it now!
23-09-2014 07:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

No problem mate, it looks like an amazing atty and I want it so bad but there aren't any places near me that sell it and I hate ordering online. Lol
23-09-2014 08:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

hehe.. come check out Ry4 radio Michael we're in there chatting right now and listening to solid Rob Taylor... maybe someone will know Tongue

http://ry4radio.com/ry4-chat/
23-09-2014 08:37 PM
BOB Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 10,060
I have one coming hopefully tomorrow
I will let you know what I think
although I am no expert and seem to like everything I get
23-09-2014 09:00 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Can't listen right now, I'm at work atm Sad 

Bob I tend to be the same way, everything is great until I find something better. So if you love it, I probably will too lol

Haha and I just realized, time zones in action. I'm GMT-5 and I've known that forever. Now is the first time I've noticed "wtf, it's not 9pm- oh wait..." 

Lol I'm still at work cuz it's only 4pm here. 
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2014 09:07 PM by Michael.)
23-09-2014 09:03 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Spasmod (09-23-2014)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

I found a shop that carries the Mutation X, and I picked up the last one they had in stock. It's a great atty, I'm in love already lol

Pulled it out of the box and the first thing that crossed my mind was "that thing is gorgeous." One of the first things I noticed was that the top cap is much easier to pull off than the TOBH, so it's easier to pull it off for dripping, but it's still snug enough to stay put when you don't want it to move. Just twist a bit to cover the air holes if you want less air flow, which is also nice. The next thing I noticed was the FREAKIN HUGE post holes. We're talking 2mm for the center post, I think 1.5mm for the negative posts. Awesome. Makes it super easy for even a n00b like me to build fun creative builds.

After boiling to get the oil off, I built it while sitting in a coffee shop. I built it so the coils are centered around the center post, and left a bit of extra rayon on either end of the coil so I could tuck it down into the super deep well at the bottom underneath the coils.

Primed and fired, juiced back up, and then hit it for the first time. WOW. So much airflow. I mean, I guess that's kind of a "DUH" moment, but I just wasn't expecting that. But the build I put on it was very low resistance (only .19ohm) and puts out a lot of vape, so the massive airflow works for me. I tried covering up 1 hole, then 3 holes, and it still has as much airflow as my TOBH fully open (and my TOBH has been drilled so the three holes are just one long slit now). I noticed it seems to be a cooler vape than my other drips: the builds are almost exactly the same on all three of my dual coil RDAs, but the TOBH Atty and the Patriot seem to get hot much faster than the Mutation X. Also, the vape still tastes cool even if the atty itself gets a little warm. I think this has to do with the air holes being stacked at an angle, something about making a cyclone inside the atty, idk it's just something I heard from the reviews, but whatever the magic is, I like it. This atty has already earned a permanent place on my Panzer (which btw is my favorite mod).

[Image: IMG_20140924_192632_530_zps5opjcrgz.jpg]

There's my build on this beast. 7 wraps of doubled up 28ga kanthal around a 3/32" (~2.38mm) drill bit. I tried to center it around the center post, but it's not perfect. Not sure if it would make a difference anyway, but I saw a guy center his coils and decided it was worth a try.

[Image: IMG_20140925_033133_591_zpsamdip8xj.jpg]

Looking like a stoner with my beanie hat and vape cloud lol. And yeah, I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. Or Yuengling. But tonight it's Dos Equis.
25-09-2014 08:37 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Galaxyrider (09-25-2014)
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
(25-09-2014 08:37 AM)Michael Wrote:  I found a shop that carries the Mutation X, and I picked up the last one they had in stock. It's a great atty, I'm in love already lol

Pulled it out of the box and the first thing that crossed my mind was "that thing is gorgeous." One of the first things I noticed was that the top cap is much easier to pull off than the TOBH, so it's easier to pull it off for dripping, but it's still snug enough to stay put when you don't want it to move. Just twist a bit to cover the air holes if you want less air flow, which is also nice. The next thing I noticed was the FREAKIN HUGE post holes. We're talking 2mm for the center post, I think 1.5mm for the negative posts. Awesome. Makes it super easy for even a n00b like me to build fun creative builds.

After boiling to get the oil off, I built it while sitting in a coffee shop. I built it so the coils are centered around the center post, and left a bit of extra rayon on either end of the coil so I could tuck it down into the super deep well at the bottom underneath the coils.

Primed and fired, juiced back up, and then hit it for the first time. WOW. So much airflow. I mean, I guess that's kind of a "DUH" moment, but I just wasn't expecting that. But the build I put on it was very low resistance (only .19ohm) and puts out a lot of vape, so the massive airflow works for me. I tried covering up 1 hole, then 3 holes, and it still has as much airflow as my TOBH fully open (and my TOBH has been drilled so the three holes are just one long slit now). I noticed it seems to be a cooler vape than my other drips: the builds are almost exactly the same on all three of my dual coil RDAs, but the TOBH Atty and the Patriot seem to get hot much faster than the Mutation X. Also, the vape still tastes cool even if the atty itself gets a little warm. I think this has to do with the air holes being stacked at an angle, something about making a cyclone inside the atty, idk it's just something I heard from the reviews, but whatever the magic is, I like it. This atty has already earned a permanent place on my Panzer (which btw is my favorite mod).

[Image: IMG_20140924_192632_530_zps5opjcrgz.jpg]

There's my build on this beast. 7 wraps of doubled up 28ga kanthal around a 3/32" (~2.38mm) drill bit. I tried to center it around the center post, but it's not perfect. Not sure if it would make a difference anyway, but I saw a guy center his coils and decided it was worth a try.

[Image: IMG_20140925_033133_591_zpsamdip8xj.jpg]

Looking like a stoner with my beanie hat and vape cloud lol. And yeah, I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. Or Yuengling. But tonight it's Dos Equis.
That looks amazing.. Did you get it locally, or off line? I'm looking at what I think is Fastechs US warehouse (http://www.angelcigs.com/) They have the Vulcan.. but the Mutation X is......... OUT OF STOCK.. why does that not surprise me? I got a DNA 30 clone just so I could get something like the Mutation X.. Dammit.. lol oh well, I guess now, patience is the word of the day.

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
25-09-2014 02:06 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

I got it at a shop in Mississippi. I got their last one lol
25-09-2014 02:55 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Thanks for the insight into that RDA! nice atty and yeah you're right about the holes.. the stacking up the side helps to cool the vapour as it travels up into the driptip.

That's a great looking build there too, I do like the parallel builds as the coils heat up and cool down quicker and you get a ton of surface area.

Keep em coming mate.. it's nice to see you're as enthusiastic as us crazy lot Big Grin
25-09-2014 04:10 PM