Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mod vs Tank (HELP!)
hs981 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Mod vs Tank (HELP!)
So I'm rocking the Innokin MVP 3.0 Pro with the Aspire Atlantis V2. The clouds and flavor are not to be complained about, but I'm feeling the desire for more clouds! I do have a Velocity RDA clone on the way in the mail, but not sure how she'll work since I can only go up to 60w. So basically, should I invest in a higher wattage/TC mod (plus all the 18650's and chargers) or is there a tank/rda that will chuck more clouds/flava my way with only up to 60w? 
29-01-2016 12:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,437
RE: Mod vs Tank (HELP!)
Hey there hs.
60w on a dripper will give ample flavour and vapour production, but more power and a tfv4 tank will too..

If it's in the budget to get a new mod, I say go for it Big Grin
In the meantime, get yourself familiar to coil building, some 26g kanthal, and build that velocity up..

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
29-01-2016 12:58 AM
hs981 Offline

(29-01-2016 12:58 AM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  Hey there hs.
60w on a dripper will give ample flavour and vapour production, but more power and a tfv4 tank will too..

If it's in the budget to get a new mod, I say go for it Big Grin
In the meantime, get yourself familiar to coil building, some 26g kanthal, and build that velocity up..
Thanks for the answer! Which mod would you suggest? I'm not SUPER educated but I've done my research and the LG HG2 batteries seem pretty nice and with the Nitecore i4 charger total is about 20-30 bucks, and not looking to put much more than 80 into a mod... Any suggestions? (Mechanical would be fine, just not very educated and I assume regulated can do the same if not more)
29-01-2016 01:06 AM
hs981 Offline

UPDATE: I have now realized that a hard powerful draw instead of a slower softer draw results in WAAAAAY bigger clouds. And this is on a tank, not the dripper yet...!
29-01-2016 02:55 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
You're right, regulated mods outperform mechanical mods all day, every day. My personal favorite mod is the Sigelei-100W, with 100W at your disposal you'll never want for power, and the Sigelei is built like a tank, very durable and performs exceedingly well. It'll run you about $80-90, and well worth every penny. 
LG cells are great, I use HE2s in a couple of my mods. Samsung 25Rs are also an excellent choice, my personal favorite. 
I've heard the Velocity RDA is good, never used one myself. Let us know how you get on with it once it arrives, I'm always interested to hear about mods and atties I haven't used Smile 
29-01-2016 06:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply