• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mech lover's El Diablo Satan.
paulS Offline
I'm incorrigible
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,052
Mech lover's El Diablo Satan.
[Image: rQUnHbA.jpg?2]

Let's start by debunking the crap. El Diablo's Gilberto did not copy the Noisy Cricket. The Satan is essentially a series configuration of the Abbadon. The Cricket copied the Abbadon. That's where all similarities end.

This is a great series mech box - absolutely wonderful. The machining is top notch. The threading is excellent. It took me a half day to get the lock button function working right - you should not overtyighten - but once you get it it's a very nice little addition. I can lock my button and carry my box around. Not that i have to. The battery sled is slick. It's delrin and it slides in and out without issue. Very easy to remove the batteries. On my piglet i have to loosen the screws to remove the battery (so I need a screwdriver) - on this I need no tools whatsoever. Now I got the black Satan - it is what the store had - but the SS looks stunning. That said it is well anodized. The finish looks like it will hold up well.

So is it a hybrid connection like the Cricket? No. You have no issues with the connection. It's all copper top and bottom and hits like a ten ton truck. All my attys fit flawlessly. So how is the button? It's a delrin button encased in brass with a copper contact. It is well insulated and never gets hot - I've been using a .4 ohm build with zero issues.

So how much is it you ask? This is the cheapest authentic Phillipine mech I own by far. I paid 100 Canadian for a brand new Satan. It's a steal.

How does it stack up to other series mechs? I have a number of series mechs. I think this one could become my favorite. I no longer use my Noisy Crickets at all. In fact Gently has one of mine. This is ten times better than a Cricket. I love my VCP (vapercloudz piglet). However this is smaller and much much lightrer. The VCP is a heavy bugger. My Hannya and Underground are also light but this is still smaller and lighter.

Would I buy another Satan if something happened to this one? In a New York minute, yes.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
02-10-2016 04:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like paulS's post:
BOB (10-02-2016), Fatboy (10-02-2016), gentlydoingit* (10-02-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,100
RE: Mech lover's El Diablo Satan.
Okay so where does one purchase one of these bad girls? .....no don't tell me, only yesterday I said I was done buying more mods.... Sad
02-10-2016 04:48 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fatboy's post:
paulS (10-02-2016)
paulS Offline
I'm incorrigible
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,052
It's too much mod for you anyway, lol. And it's a bad boy.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
02-10-2016 04:58 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
(02-10-2016 04:58 PM)paulS Wrote:  ...And it's a bad boy.

That's an important distinction to make. Fatboy, you should respect El Diablo's life choices!
03-10-2016 01:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Michael's post:
Fatboy (10-03-2016), paulS (10-03-2016), rockettj (10-21-2016)