Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mech Mod Vapor Production
Breazy_Com Offline

Likes Given: 32
RE: Mech Mod Vapor Production
Here's the thing I think. Your using 24 gauge Kanthal on a single 18650. Without getting into all the formula and math your 4 wrap works good without any problem or danger. The 5 wrap works good I've been using it for like a year, no problem. So either one is tried and tested ok. It's more when your experimenting or using VV/VW or different gauge wire, different wraps or ohms, series or parallel unregulated that you need to be safe and have more experience. We're just giving the guy advice based on stuff we use that works saving the headaches for him. So we agree that 4, 5 or 6 wrap dual coil 24 gauge Kanthal around a 1/8th drill bit is proven to work. 5 wraps is in the middle should be a happy medium.
07-05-2015 02:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Rakio Offline

Likes Given: 30
RE: Mech Mod Vapor Production
(06-05-2015 11:20 PM)zacclague95 Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 08:52 PM)Breazy_Com Wrote:  Agree with the 1/8th drill bit but I'm thinking dual coil 5 wrap 24gauge Kanthal. That's what I do with the Ragenrock copper mod which has 1 18650. Also using the Dark Horse RDA. So I did try 6 wrap but the 5 wrap makes a big difference. One other thing is that when you watch videos of people making clouds with Mech mods they blow out until smoke starts coming out of the air holes then inhale. This gives it a chance to heat up more. But I get quick response and huge clouds with the dual 5 wrap. Give it a try and let me know.
I agree with that 5wrap it'll just ohm lower usually others on here don't wanna go that low on my Excalibur which I only use for clouds don't vape on it everyday I have a 4 wrap which ohms to .05 throws massive clouds. But that's also really really low wouldn't recommend for beginners.

Teach me to do this build, impressive tips dude Wink
07-05-2015 11:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply