Poll: How often do you clean your coil?
Once or more times a day.
Every 2-3 days.
Every 3-7 days.
Every 2 weeks or longer.
Doesn't get dirty.
"It is black in there and I can't see my coil, but it tastes fine to me."
"I use premade coilheads." Please tell how often they are changed below. ;-)
"I DTL only, but want to vote!"
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MTL coil cleaning. (DTL can play too. Just choose the last option as well.)
Bugalien Offline
The Toodlebug
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 1,436
RE: MTL coil cleaning. (DTL can play too. Just choose the last option as well.)
(15-04-2018 06:11 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  No debating here either. Too many factors in play I suppose, to be able to get anywhere reliably on just the intertubes.

Another reason for the build up on underpowered builds- that residual heat does not only promote buildup by settlement, but also that extra heat is actually atomizing some of the juice well after you stop firing. That probably contributes as much as the settlement.

One trick that has helped me is to keep drawing for a second after firing. That cools the build a little and draws out some of the remaining vapor. It's doubled my build longevity, but only from 1-2 days to 2-4. Still far shy of the weeks slackers like Eddie get.

"Slackers" That might be another factor. Scratch_one-s_head
That is it! I have no idea of the standards that other vapers hold their coils to, either.

I am going to start requesting photos of builds that need rewicking or degunking. It could be pretty gross, but it interests me.

For mine, sometimes I let it go farther than others. But when the gap betwen my spaced wraps starts closing, it is definitely time for me!

My husband will have his coils buried in gunk and not say anything to me. I can smell it if it gets pretty bad, like liquid smoke or something, and I had to snatch it away to clean it! How can that not be noticed???

"Nothing like a nic shot to the eye to wake you up in the morning"
15-04-2018 06:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Bugalien's post:
ecignut (04-15-2018), TinWhisker (04-15-2018)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,226
Hey Bugs - behave - slackers indeed - I am upset again now - twice today - not good for an old man - where the hell are the tissues.
15-04-2018 06:37 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
Bugalien (04-15-2018), TinWhisker (04-15-2018)
Bugalien Offline
The Toodlebug
Super Moderators

(15-04-2018 06:37 PM)ecignut Wrote:  Hey Bugs - behave - slackers indeed - I am upset again now - twice today - not good for an old man - where the hell are the tissues.

I will meet you at the chaise with some tissues! I have the tissues with lotion added to prevent chafing.

Then I will probably snatch your vape so I can see those coils, they will probably need a good cleaning too!

15-04-2018 06:41 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Bugalien's post:
ecignut (04-15-2018), TinWhisker (04-15-2018)
paulS Offline
Toodle Club Billet Box Squonk Boy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,009
(15-04-2018 06:11 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  No debating here either. Too many factors in play I suppose, to be able to get anywhere reliably on just the intertubes.

Another reason for the build up on underpowered builds- that residual heat does not only promote buildup by settlement, but also that extra heat is actually atomizing some of the juice well after you stop firing. That probably contributes as much as the settlement.

One trick that has helped me is to keep drawing for a second after firing. That cools the build a little and draws out some of the remaining vapor. It's doubled my build longevity, but only from 1-2 days to 2-4. Still far shy of the weeks slackers like Eddie get.

You guys are using the wrong cotton and wire. NI80 wire and my special organic cotton last me at least a week between wicking and the coils last at least 6 months. 'Course big 3mm stapled or fused coils spaced.

Most of my MTL devices are actual pre built coils ... my squonks use one single larger coil at around .2 or so. There are exceptions. I rewick my Haku much more often. It is smaller coil and about a .5 ...

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
15-04-2018 07:07 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like paulS's post:
chris-GER (04-15-2018), gentlydoingit* (04-15-2018)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,338
(15-04-2018 07:07 PM)paulS Wrote:  

You guys are using the wrong cotton and wire. NI80 wire and my special organic cotton last me at least a week between wicking and the coils last at least 6 months. 'Course big 3mm stapled or fused coils spaced.

Most of my MTL devices are actual pre built coils ... my squonks use one single larger coil at around .2 or so. There are exceptions. I rewick my Haku much more often. It is smaller coil and about a .5 ...

Bloody Canadian! Tongue
15-04-2018 07:44 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fatboy's post:
Bugalien (04-15-2018)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 6,914
(15-04-2018 05:02 PM)Bugalien Wrote:  
(15-04-2018 04:41 PM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  Pound it by food fighter juice is one of my all time faves Ok

I take it it is not overly sweet? I check all my flavor concentrates for the dreaded sucralose if possible. I hate the taste of sucralose and the irritation it gives me.

I would really like to try some of that Pound it, but haven't any pounds!Angel The price looks to be in pounds and not $s.

Think we can come up with a similar recipe?

Sounds so good...

Oh, it's sweet alright! It's a US company I think, no doubt you'll find it over there Smile that link was just from a tab I had open.

I'm pretty sure fatboy makes a clone of it..

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
15-04-2018 07:54 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like gentlydoingit*'s post:
Bugalien (04-15-2018), ecignut (04-15-2018), Fatboy (04-15-2018)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,338
(15-04-2018 04:41 PM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  Pound it by food fighter juice is one of my all time faves Ok

I created something really, really close....they are located in Miami FL....

Now will have to find the recipe....it was a fave of my princess for a long time.....real coil killer but super tasty....
15-04-2018 08:01 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Fatboy's post:
Bugalien (04-15-2018), ecignut (04-15-2018), gentlydoingit* (04-15-2018)
Bugalien Offline
The Toodlebug
Super Moderators

(15-04-2018 07:07 PM)paulS Wrote:  

I gave NI80 at least 2 tries. It wasn't in my attys long enough to get cruddy.
I have some of that and like 5 NI80 coils that came with atties. I tried it and did not take to it. However, the guys at the vape shop, and at least one kid at work loves the stuff.

Just "special organic cotton" How exclusive...

Help us out! What kind of special organic cotton is this?

I am thinking that single coil setups get cruddy faster than dual coil. It seems that way for me anyway.

15-04-2018 09:27 PM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,226
Bugs - he won't tell you - he's Canadian[Image: tongue.gif].
15-04-2018 09:29 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
Bugalien (04-15-2018), Fatboy (04-15-2018)