Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lost Taste, MTL
Mark Zullo Offline

Likes Given: 7
Lost Taste, MTL
Hi, I am a mouth to lung vapor (just like smoking a cigarette).  I use the Innokin Kroma A mod with the Zenith Tank.  I use a 1.6 ohm coil at 9.5 watts.  I know that there are better set-ups for me and am looking for suggestions.  I am not a cloud chaser but just want good flavor and a coil that lasts.  I don't know if I vape too much but I have totally lost the taste, I use Red Drop from Mountain Oak Vapors.  I have always been weary of vaping at high wattages but don't know much about it.  Please help!!!  Thanks.  Mark
13-02-2020 01:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,264
RE: Lost Taste, MTL
One cheap and decent set up is the new Aspire Nautilus GT kit. The mod is okay (you could just use your Innokin). It's the tank that shines. It yakes all the Nautilus coils and there are mnany good choices. The tank is a Taifun/Aspire collaboration and has a very high end feel at a very reasonable cost. All Nautilus series BVC coils and mesh coils are compatible. So you have a slew of coils to choose from. If you want highewr wattage just yuse the .7 ohm mesh coil. For MTL the 1.2 and 1.8 ohm coils are tested and true.

BTW, the Zenith tank is not bad at all. I prefer the Nautilus range (lots more choice and I think better flavor) but the Zenith is okay. Imn fact Innokin (the maker) has won numerous best of awards.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
13-02-2020 03:19 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like paulS's post:
ecignut (02-13-2020), Mark Zullo (02-14-2020)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 20,371
RE: Lost Taste, MTL
Hi Mark - follow Paul's advice - he is Canadian and always right.[Image: biggrin.gif] One other tank to look at is the Eleaf Slider - cheaper but nearly as good as the Nautilus GT and has a magic 1.5ohm coil - one of the best on the market. There is also a 1.2ohm coil which is great as well. As Paul says the Mod is fine - the only drawback is the power adjustment being only in .5ohm increments so you cannot get the very best setting for the coil. Take a look at the Istick series of mods - they are reasonably priced and have proven reliability. Also - on the taste thing - it is always a good idea to change flavours regularly to keep your taste buds ''alert'' and drink lots of water - and I mean LOTS of water. Best of luck and keep in touch - let us know how you get on.
13-02-2020 02:46 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
Mark Zullo (02-14-2020)