Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking to upgrade need advice
VapenHerb Offline

Likes Given: 0
Looking to upgrade need advice
Looking for real input (not paid youtube reviewers praising the highest bidder) currently running a kayfun 4 (authentic not clone) on a ipv 2 dual coil .5 ohm looking to get a RDA and a new box mod. Have seen things from the ipv the make me question it, mostly the battery seems to be lose inside and i dont trust the bouncy ohm reader on it. currently thinking or the TOBH if i can find it, veil plume, and veritas. far as box's go im not as narrowed down but open to opinions on best of box, RDA, and RTA. looking foe best flavor but a good cloud is also needed.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2015 01:33 AM by VapenHerb.)
07-02-2015 01:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Looking to upgrade need advice
Welcome to the forum! Around here, you'll only get real advice, everybody is really friendly and helpful Smile 
My personal favorite box mod is a Sigelei-100W Plus. They're reliable, well-made, and I've never heard a bad review of one. I'm using mine right now actually Smile 
As far as RDAs are concerned, there are a lot of great options. For flavor, you simply cannot beat the Veritas. Build it the way RiP Trippers does in his video review, it's a little weird to make but it tastes better than any other atty I've ever tried. It doesn't make as much Vapor though, so if you want a combination of big clouds and great flavor, I suggest the Dark Horse. It's my personal favorite atty, out of the 15+ atties that I own. Great flavor, easy to build, huge clouds, and insane airflow make it a real winner to me. 

Tl;dr - I suggest a Sigelei-100W Plus with a Dark Horse RDA. 
07-02-2015 03:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
VapenHerb Offline

Likes Given: 0
the Dark Horse is actually one that the local shop recommended the other day just havent seen many mentions of them but might need to look into them a bit
07-02-2015 03:12 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes VapenHerb's post:
Michael (02-07-2015)
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,195
Welcome VapenHerb. I wont give advice on atties because Michaels covered that but I will endorse his Sigelei 100w plus recommendation only cos I've got one on order thanks to him Good

Morning Michael I mean night night I'm off to bed Sleepy

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
07-02-2015 03:24 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robjenko's post:
Michael (02-07-2015)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

(07-02-2015 03:12 AM)VapenHerb Wrote:  the Dark Horse is actually one that the local shop recommended the other day just havent seen many mentions of them but might need to look into them a bit

Like I said before, I own quite a few atties, most of which are RDAs, and it's by far my favorite overall. The Veritas is the only one I've tried that's better for flavor, and I've never tried anything that could beat the Dark Horse as a cloud chasing atty. Which is saying a lot, since many of mine are cloud chasing atties, like the Doge or Mutation X. One nice thing about the Dark Horse is that it can be used with either single or dual coil builds, and the airflow control ring has tons of options. So if you're like me and really like a ton of airflow, you can open it up all the way and it has a very airy draw, but if you prefer a tighter draw you can do that too. Add to that the built-in competition style top cap, and the Dark Horse is a real winner. I need to write up a full review one of these days, I just haven't had the time.
07-02-2015 04:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,378
Drippers are very much a matter of taste. I like the Mutation X - and even the originals are very competitively priced. I think they're on V3 or V4 now. 

RIP Trippers really knows his stuff, though personally I can't stand his style. He is worth listening to.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
07-02-2015 06:13 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

(07-02-2015 06:13 PM)Don Wrote:  Drippers are very much a matter of taste. I like the Mutation X - and even the originals are very competitively priced. I think they're on V3 or V4 now. 

RIP Trippers really knows his stuff, though personally I can't stand his style. He is worth listening to.

That's a good point Don, everyone has a different favorite RDA. i believe the newest Mutation X is the v3, at least that's the newest I've seen. I think the v2 looks like the best version, but I'm sure some people would disagree. 
08-02-2015 05:57 AM