Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking for thin copper or brass mech mod
Siren Offline

Likes Given: 0
Looking for thin copper or brass mech mod
Hello!

I'm pretty new to vaping, and I'm looking for a copper or brass mech mod because I want to have a patina done on it (despite some of the negative things I've read about it). Trouble is, I hate the looks of those big thick mech mods, and to be honest, I don't know anything about mods anyway! I assume the difference is that I can take the battery out easily, as the guy doing the patina prefers working with mech mods, and the battery I ordered (Vision Spinner II) is steel. So, I'm looking for a thin, copper or brass mech mod, if anyone knows if one exists.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a regular battery in copper or brass, I'd be happy to hear, as I believe I may can tip him extra to gut the battery. 

Additionally, I'm putting together my own device and I'm new, so I appreciate any advice on the pieces I ordered...
-Vision Spinner II battery
-Aspire Nautilus Mini (Clearomizer)
-Aspire Nautilus Mini Replacement tank (with the pretty metal work)

Is this all I need? And will these work together? Did I do wrong by buying the Mini PLUS the replacement tank? It didn't look like there was a way around buying both.

I'll be using Hemp Honey CBD oil (it's a oil infused e-liquid so I think it's considered VG), if that makes any difference.

Thanks so much for everyone's help in advance! 
11-12-2014 01:24 AM
Find all posts by this user
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,298
RE: Looking for thin copper or brass mech mod
Hi Siren and welcome!

That setup you have chosen is exactly what I would have recommended, either that or the Ola X. I don't think you'll have any issues with that setup at all.

The ejuice sounds a little concerning as oil is something you certainly don't want to be vaping so when it arrives or if you already have some, drop a drip into some warm water and see if you have an oily residue floating on the water surface. If you do I'd highly recommend not vaping it. If not it should be fine but still worth looking a little more into the juice company to make sure they're reputable.

I've seen exactly the sort of copper mod you're after which is a 14500 sized cell mod but I can't remember where now.. I'll try to find it and get back to you on that one.

Cheers and enjoy the site, and feel free to ask any questions about anything you're not sure of Good2
11-12-2014 02:23 AM
Siren Offline

The website for the e-juice is (site name redacted) What is your opinion? After reading through pretty throughly, I understand this, and correct me if I'm wrong:

There are two types of oils: PG and VG.
Many e-juices are just PG, but when they are infused with oils, they are VG, which it sounds like that's still safe to put right into an e-cig and puff. 
Concentrated oils and waxes obviously need something that will heat them up more, and require different machinery. But from my understanding, I'm staying within the realm of e-cigs. 

As I said, PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong. I've done 4 full days of research (I'm taking care of elderly family temporarily and have zero agenda except to learn about vaporizing, lol), but I'm still new. 

I'm really set on using the cape pens with the cbd oil, just want to make sure I've got what I need to do it. 

Thanks!!
11-12-2014 02:37 AM
Siren Offline

(11-12-2014 02:23 AM)Spasmod Wrote:  Hi Siren and welcome!

That setup you have chosen is exactly what I would have recommended, either that or the Ola X. I don't think you'll have any issues with that setup at all.

The ejuice sounds a little concerning as oil is something you certainly don't want to be vaping so when it arrives or if you already have some, drop a drip into some warm water and see if you have an oily residue floating on the water surface. If you do I'd highly recommend not vaping it. If not it should be fine but still worth looking a little more into the juice company to make sure they're reputable.

I've seen exactly the sort of copper mod you're after which is a 14500 sized cell mod but I can't remember where now.. I'll try to find it and get back to you on that one.

Cheers and enjoy the site, and feel free to ask any questions about anything you're not sure of Good2

I replied to this below... But i want to add something about the mech mod.
I looked up what you were talking about and only found one mini mod for $150, which is FAR out of my current budget. 
Do you think a regular type battery EXISTS in copper or brass? I can't seem to find one. Is there a reason for that? I'm thinking if I could find one, it may be easier to just pay the patina guy extra to gut it one time.
THANK YOU!!
11-12-2014 02:49 AM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,298
Hi Siren

Since the use of medical marijuana or CBD's is not legal in many places it's not something we're willing to discuss in-depth here. Sorry if that seems harsh but this community is all about vaping in it's traditional sense using 'regular' ejuice.

There are several articles and a lot of information surrounding this exact subject on the internet though, some for and some against whether infused oil liquids are safe to vape.

Just as a side note, neither PG nor VG are oils, the infused oil is as far as I know an actual oil in and of itself so the likelyhood is you will be inhaling oil into your lungs.. whether it's safe to do so with this particular oil I really cannot say.

Like I said I'm sorry we cannot help and I wish we could but due to the nature of the subject it's not something we're willing to debate.

I'll close this thread and update it when I find a mod that may be a suggestion as to what you're looking for.

Thanks for your understanding.

(11-12-2014 02:49 AM)Siren Wrote:  I replied to this below... But i want to add something about the mech mod.
I looked up what you were talking about and only found one mini mod for $150, which is FAR out of my current budget. 
Do you think a regular type battery EXISTS in copper or brass? I can't seem to find one. Is there a reason for that? I'm thinking if I could find one, it may be easier to just pay the patina guy extra to gut it one time.
THANK YOU!!

I don't think such a thing exists yet but I will find out for you  Good
11-12-2014 02:53 AM
Thread Closed