Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking for some advice.
Krucid Offline

Likes Given: 3
Looking for some advice.
Hi, 

I am new to vaping and really want to jump into this thing headfirst. I have done a little research but i still have a lot to learn. 

1. I want a tank that i can do my own rebuilds with. I also want to be able to blow massive clouds.

2. I want a really powerful battery that isn't going to need charging every two hours.

Now here is where it gets foggy for me. There is a lot of products out there so i am not sure what to buy and not sure where to buy it from. I live a good distance from any real civilization so buying online would be more ideal for me. This is why i need help, lol.

What tank would you guys recommend? What battery would be good with it? I don't care about price. I just want to get something that will last and is good quality. Good taste is also very important. 

Also what equipment would i need to purchase to do my own rebuilds? I have nothing and need all equipment.

Thank you in advance for your help.
06-02-2015 03:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Krucid's post:
Rakio (05-07-2015)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,463
RE: Looking for some advice.
Welcome to TVF Krucid! it's great to have you with us.

I can't tell you where to buy the stuff since I'm in the UK (hopefully some of our US friends will have some good advice on that) but let me tell you what I would buy right now if I were in your position.

If money were no object it would probably be the following (others may disagree)

Sigelei 150W box mod (not for the power but for the looks and versatility, plus it will be able to keep up with your entire vaping habits if you eventually progress to a higher volume of vaping))

A couple of Genuine Samsung INR 18650 25R cells plus a 'Good' charger (most chargers with a reputable name from a reputable dealer will be good) Illumination supply are trustworthy and sell authentic cells and chargers.

A Reel of 28 Gauge A1 Kanthal

A pack of Muji or KoGenDo organic Japanese cotton

An Ohm Reader

If I had to choose a tank right now, I think it would have to be the Lemo Drop (A combination of easy to build, excellent flavour and amazing versatility - the only downside is a smaller juice capacity)

To recap

Sigelei 150w Box Mod
Lemo Drop tank
Samsung 25R cells
A good charger
An Ohm Reader
Reel of 28G A1 Kanthal
Japanese Organic Cotton

Good luck with whichever setup you end up with, and importantly I hope it keeps you off the smokes Good

Others will no doubt give you their thoughts on suitable equipment too Drinks
06-02-2015 04:45 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Spasmod's post:
Krucid (02-06-2015), Michael (02-06-2015), Rakio (05-07-2015)
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,270
Hi Krucid. Welcome to TVF

I good tank would be the Kanger subtank mini because you get the best of both worlds it has a building deck and it can be used as a tank you can get decent vapour and flavour from it too. When it comes to mods/batteries you are right there are a lot of them to choose from it really depends on you budget.

A basic building kit would include:
Ohm meter
Wire cutters / Nail clippers
Micro screw drivers (can be used for coil wrapping too)
Coil wrapping tool
Kanthal A1 Resistance Wire
Wicking material
Scissors

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
06-02-2015 04:48 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Robjenko's post:
Krucid (02-06-2015), Rakio (05-07-2015)
Krucid Offline

Thank you guys for the help, i really appreciate it. Let me get into some other things here and maybe you guys can answer some things for me. I have already purchased a Kanger subtank nano and a joyetch ego one 2200 mah battery. I also picked up some menthol ejuice 11 mg. 

Btw, i am trying to kick the real habit of smoking.

So i setup this kanger with my ejuice and the vapor is very warm and strong. It isn't easy for me to inhale. I also, about a week ago puchased one of those cheap ecigs from my local store and it isn't bad but i have to charge it way to often. However, the ecig for the most part gives me the right amount to inhale and it's not warm and overbearing like the kanger. I am not sure if i have done something wrong with the kanger.

I don't know if it's the ejuice i purchased or the kanger itself that is way to strong.

Also, what would you guys recommend for ejuice for someone trying to make a smooth transition from real cigs to vaping? I know this is probably very situational and depends on the person, but any help would be appreciated. I would prefer ejuice similar to regular tobacco or menthol. However, with the menthol i do not like strong menthol. 

Thanks again.
06-02-2015 05:16 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
I agree with Spasmod wholeheartedly. The Sigelei-150W looks like a great device, I have a Sigelei-100W which is just a slightly less powerful version and it's incredible. The Lemo is pretty much the best tank available for blowing clouds, if you want anything bigger you'll be looking at RDAs. Sansung 25R cells are among the best available, possibly THE best, and are fairly easy to find (most vape shops carry them). What part of the country are you from? I've got a list on here of my favorite shops all throughout the southeast, including MS, AL, and TN. 
The subtank is stronger than the normal clearomizers that usually come with "ecig starter kits" like the one you probably got from the shop. You'll need a lower nicotine concentration and higher VG juice. A lot of people who use ecigs to quit smoking want tobacco flavors, but from my experience, most people are much more happy with things other than tobacco. Half the fun of vaping is to have a near-limitless variety of flavors, everything from cinnamon bun, pina colada, custard, and tons of others which are way better than tobacco flavors. So my suggestion would be to go into your local shop and try out any flavors they've got and see what you like. Most shops have a "juice testing bar" where you can use their gear to try out the flavors they carry and find what's best for you.
06-02-2015 07:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Krucid (02-06-2015)
Krucid Offline

(06-02-2015 07:20 PM)Michael Wrote:  I agree with Spasmod wholeheartedly. The Sigelei-150W looks like a great device, I have a Sigelei-100W which is just a slightly less powerful version and it's incredible. The Lemo is pretty much the best tank available for blowing clouds, if you want anything bigger you'll be looking at RDAs. Sansung 25R cells are among the best available, possibly THE best, and are fairly easy to find (most vape shops carry them). What part of the country are you from? I've got a list on here of my favorite shops all throughout the southeast, including MS, AL, and TN. 
The subtank is stronger than the normal clearomizers that usually come with "ecig starter kits" like the one you probably got from the shop. You'll need a lower nicotine concentration and higher VG juice. A lot of people who use ecigs to quit smoking want tobacco flavors, but from my experience, most people are much more happy with things other than tobacco. Half the fun of vaping is to have a near-limitless variety of flavors, everything from cinnamon bun, pina colada, custard, and tons of others which are way better than tobacco flavors. So my suggestion would be to go into your local shop and try out any flavors they've got and see what you like. Most shops have a "juice testing bar" where you can use their gear to try out the flavors they carry and find what's best for you.

I am from NC.

Ty for the help.
06-02-2015 08:57 PM
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
There ya go Krucid, Now you have plenty of ideas!!!!
06-02-2015 09:16 PM