Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking for
apt323 Offline

Likes Given: 105
Looking for
When hopefully, OL works/mods on my Bolt Clone I would like to replace the 510 connector with something that is adjustable.  I have yet been able to find something like that.  Has anyone seen anything like that out there or am I just dreaming?

Maybe another approach could be, does anyone know of a good 510 connector that should make connection with just about anything?

I have some pre wired ones that work good on the box mods I have made but was wondering if there are better ones.

Maybe I am making to much of this.  I do know that the one that is currently in there is to deep for some of the 510 devices I have and with putting money in to this I want it to be as perfect as possible.

If there are any other things I should do to it then let me know
16-01-2014 05:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 13,404
RE: Looking for
Johnny showed a picture of a pile of the things recently - chuck a PM his way as he can probably give you sources.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
16-01-2014 05:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
apt323 Offline

Well the bolt clone has arrived at O/L's

Good
(This post was last modified: 30-01-2014 03:04 AM by apt323.)
29-01-2014 10:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
I don't really know of any, but the ones I sent you can get pushed up a little from the bottom. You can also take them apart, I use an ice pick but anything will work. Once apart you can solder a small blob on the top of the pin bringing it up higher as well. What works well is to take a knife and scratch the heck out of the top where you want the solder, then use a tiny bit of flux, maybe even scratch it a little more while the flux is on it. Instead of trying to apply the solder straight from the wire, get a little blob on the end of your tip and let it get really hot before putting it on. If you are using rosin core let it heat up until smoke is just about done rolling off of it. Those connectors like taking solder anyplace but where you want it to go. Soldering those wires on is actually a bit of a headache at least until you get used to it. When I was doing boatloads of them I usually had my wife do them for me. Sun_bespectacled
30-01-2014 05:04 AM
apt323 Offline

Thanks for the info 18.  Will give that a try when needed.

Sweet you must have a wonderful wife!  My wife used to help me solder stuff back in the day especially before I got glasses and couldn't see as good as needed to Help  She helps hold the wires when doing projects like when soldering in adapters to factory wiring for a new car radio when they are getting installed in to her car... Angel

Good
30-01-2014 06:09 AM