Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Limitless Plus Build Suggestion
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,629
RE: Limitless Plus Build Suggestion
Hi TW - love your remarks regarding squonking - the subculture that exists on the forum consists of Don, Paul and me. Maybe we should have a subculture section - who knows where it might end up - these subcultures can be strange beings. [Image: tongue.gif]
27-12-2016 07:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like ecignut's post:
Don (12-27-2016), Fatboy (12-27-2016), TinWhisker (12-27-2016)
TinWhisker Online
I Vape, Therefore I Squonk
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 13,424
I hope so, Don, thanks.

I have said many times how much I enjoy the Iron Maiden. And I still do, very much. I also do recommend it and still stand by that. However, if you read my recommendations and disclaimers you'll have a better experience with it than I did. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that it will function very well and is very easy to build and use, but it needs to be handled with care. I know this will sour people from getting one, and if you aren't normally careful with your gear maybe you shouldn't get it, but nevertheless I have had bad luck with mine. In fact, of the three units I have, only one is still in service.

Unit One- Mine, the black one with the silver original Iron Maiden band logo. It is working fine.

Unit Two- The wife's original unit. She dropped the setup and the ceramic anti-spitback cap broke. Since that cap is also the juice fill plug, the unit is not practical to use. Also stripped the threads out of the positive post and busted the tank. I don't really fault the unit because it was dropped from about 5 feet. The massive Laisimo L1 fared far better, as was to be expected. Especially since it landed atty down. Ouch.

Unit three- Wife's replacement to the broken Unit Two. While cleaning, the glass broke. Then the replacement glass broke. Then my replacement glass broke. Then while seemingly in normal operation, the last of the spare glass tanks broke. I have no idea why, but for some reason the glass cracks right down the side. Maybe she is bumping it or something, maybe it's a quality issue, but I think an atty should be a little more durable. She also broke the other ceramic cap. Yes, she's a bit accident prone, so this device is just not for her. I am assuming the LP is more sturdy. Hoping, anyway.

I know this makes the IM look pretty bad, but most of the failures happened as the result of being dropped. The glass tank and ceramic cap, though, are pretty weak. I would get another but am using this opportunity to try something else. Why not, right?
27-12-2016 07:20 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TinWhisker's post:
ecignut (12-27-2016), Fatboy (12-27-2016)
VapeChic88 Offline

Likes Given: 10
(27-12-2016 05:22 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  
(27-12-2016 05:16 PM)VapeChic88 Wrote:  I see, I should for sure use it when I'm low on juice to avoid dry hits.. correct? Because that's the worst. Btw what do you mean by drip it ? The only things I know about dripping is the small rda device that has some juice in it that you don't need a box for. That I saw at a head shop. Also I recently learned about the box mods that have the juice and tank inside. (I don't really know the benefit however meaning what type of vape experience that'd provide. Sorry for all the questions btw ! I hope it's not a nuisanceUndecided

Well, first of all you don't switch back and forth between TC and power depending on the level of the juice. You pick one and stay with it. Both modes use different types of metal for the coils though, so you have to know what you have.

TC is not just for RDA atomizers. It can be used with any atomizer.

Yes, an RDA is what you saw at the head shop. It is basically just a build deck with a small reservoir at the bottom. They typically hold enough juice for 5-15 hits and then need to have more juice added (dripped in from the bottle, thus the name.) They are where you have the greatest risk for a dry hit because there's no tank attached feeding the cotton. You, ma'am, are the tank. And they do require a mod, since that's where the battery and circuitry live. All atomizers require a mod to fire them.

The devices with the bottles built in to the mod are called squonkers. So, you have an RDA with a little tube attached to it, and you simply squeeze the bottle to get juice into the little RDA juice well. Convenient. Those who squonk are part of their own subculture. Apparently it's the in-thing right now.

Interesting.. I wonder what the squankers ( odd name btw !) get out of that? Like what's the difference?
Anyway I read on my manual that TC only works with .1 up and I'm working with .5s.
27-12-2016 07:26 PM
TinWhisker Online
Senior Staff

(27-12-2016 07:26 PM)VapeChic88 Wrote:  Interesting.. I wonder what the squankers ( odd name btw !) get out of that? Like what's the difference?
Anyway I read on my manual that TC only works with .1 up and I'm working with .5s.

Two separate points again. First, just knowing the resistance of the coil isn't enough. You have to know the metal composition. Is it Kanthal? SS316? Nickel? Titanium? That's critical information for either mode.

As for the squonkers, the advantage is being able to use an RDA but have the convenience of a dripping bottle attached to it. Makes for super easy filling. Traditionally, RDA's deliver the best flavor and vapor, which is why they are revered. Also, they were at one time the only atomizers in existence.
27-12-2016 07:30 PM
ecignut (12-27-2016), gentlydoingit* (12-27-2016)
TinWhisker Online
Senior Staff

(27-12-2016 07:16 PM)ecignut Wrote:  Hi TW - love your remarks regarding squonking - the subculture that exists on the forum consists of Don, Paul and me. Maybe we should have a subculture section - who knows where it might end up - these subcultures can be strange beings. [Image: tongue.gif]

It's true though nut. You folks are a protective and proud breed. Squonking is probably great, but I haven't the patience for it, nor the desire to get a new mod and atty just to accommodate it.
27-12-2016 07:37 PM
ecignut (12-27-2016), Fatboy (12-27-2016)
Don29palms Offline

Likes Given: 46
Tw I know you like you IM and I think you will like the limitless plus as much if not more. 1 advantage of the limitless plus is you can buy replacement parts for it
27-12-2016 08:01 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don29palms's post:
TinWhisker (12-27-2016)
TinWhisker Online
Senior Staff

That's a bonus, for sure. If the IM did, I would probably just be buying parts rather than a different atty.

I've been reluctant to get a different RDTA because that IM is literally leagues above any other atty I've ever used. It has some great features and just vapes so gosh darn great. I've used enough different gear that I feel a bit comfortable making that statement. I flat out love that Iron Maiden. If only the glass and ceramic was 1mm thicker!!
27-12-2016 08:06 PM
BOB (12-27-2016), Fatboy (12-27-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,987
(27-12-2016 07:20 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  I know this makes the IM look pretty bad, but most of the failures happened as the result of being dropped. The glass tank and ceramic cap, though, are pretty weak. I would get another but am using this opportunity to try something else. Why not, right?

We had the same experience with the CLEITO 120 - I purchased two units, princess got one and I got one - was a trial to validate my hypothesis that she destroys everything - well she has managed to break FOUR replacement glass and her tank is in a drawer waiting for the slowboat to arrive with a dozen replacement glass I ordered....

I have ordered a few different tanks for her to try.....but that gets posted in another thread. Smile
27-12-2016 09:54 PM
TinWhisker Online
Senior Staff

OK, so maybe the IM isn't as bad as I painted it. I suppose a clumsy princess can cause untold amounts of damage. Now I feel bad and want to get another replacement.
27-12-2016 09:57 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like TinWhisker's post:
BOB (12-28-2016), Don (12-27-2016), Fatboy (12-27-2016)
Don29palms Offline

Likes Given: 46
Fasttech has replacement glass for the IM
28-12-2016 12:46 AM