Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Light smoker coil heads
Redgirl Offline

Likes Given: 0
Shocked Light smoker coil heads
Hey if im a very light vaper like I only smoke one a day or one a week how much would I have to change the coil heads ?
19-12-2014 02:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Light smoker coil heads
The coils are made to last around 2 weeks, regardless of how much you vape they'll wear out after about that time in most cases, because they get gunked up with the juice. But it's partly just preference. For me, the coils started tasting weird after just a few days so I replaced them whenever I felt they needed it, but some people prefer to use them until they just won't produce vapor anymore. I've used a coil that was two months old and it still made vapor, though I wouldn't recommend that cuz it tasted pretty awful.

If you're a very light vaper, I'd suggest getting an RDA and a bunch of organic cotton, that way you can just take the wick out after you're done using it, clean the coils off, and then just rewick whenever you want to vape again. It takes like ten seconds to rewick an RDA once you get used to it, and the coils themselves will last longer by not having juice on them all the time.
19-12-2014 04:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Redgirl Offline

Likes Given: 0
I'm sorry but I don't know how I would do the Rda what if I took it apart every time I used it would it save the coil ? 
19-12-2014 04:53 AM
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,355
Depends on the wire you use. Cotton should be a loose fit in the coil so with a modicum of care the coils should last ages. Something like 26ga wire should be robust enough and be able to make a suitable resistance coil without becoming huge.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
19-12-2014 07:50 AM