Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leaking stuff
Let-There-Be-Light Offline

Likes Given: 1
Leaking stuff
I have an EVOD.  I asked the local BM if they had EVOD and they sold me one.  Dunno if it's dual coil but I can tell it's bottom coil at least.  If I don't keep it at least half full it leaks.  Is this normal?  

I was drunk and grabbed a little bottle of Rite Aide Ear Wax Removal solution by mistake.  I threw that carto away.  Other things I've learned.  If you want to take an EVOD apart, or just remove it to switch for something else.  Don't just start unscrewing it.  At least turn it upside down first.  I lost a couple tank fulls in my lap doing that one night.  It's kinda like maple syrup but you don't want to lick it off your fingers.
- Joe
09-04-2014 12:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
RE: Leaking stuff
It's the little silicone cap inside. They don't fit that great tip it upside down and see if that works. 

[Image: 41.jpg]

Oh and if you have an extra one, leave the one in place and stick another one on top of it upside down like in the picture. If you have a little bit of extra wick around it won't hurt to put some over the coil either. 

This will work on most of these bottom fed tanks like this. 

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 02:03 AM by 18sixfifty.)
09-04-2014 01:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Nice.  I have like a 5 or 10 pack coming in tomorrow.  I'll scrap my current one and use the seal out of it if I get another leaker.  I don't know what wick is yet..  That actually makes me sad..   Each of my new obsessions it takes me about a month to semi-master it.  I'm less than a week into this though and don't have enough parts yet to trash stuff while I learn.   But I keep reading and places like this have great brains to pick (Even if you aren't a Zombie).  Thank you Sir!

Carto is my first thing.  Mega dual coil.  Carto is cotton ball stuff in a tube.
Clearo has no sponge.  Just dump stuff in.
First I thought a tank was something else.  Now I think it's just the outside.
Does a Clearo have a wick in it someplace hidden, instead of the cotton ball?
Atomizer is still a mystery.  Does like sucking the drip tube spray stuff?

Most of the fun of a new obsession is learning.  This is fun and cheap.  My wife is a little asian clean freak and she loves no more stink or ashes.  
- Joe
09-04-2014 02:16 AM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

My wife likes it that I'm not stinking up the house anymore either. There is a ton to learn for sure. Wicking material is anything that absorbs juice and transfers it to the coil. Although on them it's like a piece of cotton or silca yarn. Adding a little on top of the coil lets it wick a little better and maybe taste a little better too. 

I don't know why they call an atomizer an atomizer it's interesting question. I know when I first started vaping and looked them up that was what would pop up on search engines. (the spray things for perfume usually)

Now it's just a coil that holds a wick that you drip juice onto manually, or with a cart filled with cotton or whatever you want to use as a wick. I use blue foam still once in a while. 

One of the very best things about building your own coils is that you don't have to keep paying for those new heads all the time. Those can actually be rebuilt too if you know how. 

Do you have a multi-meter? 

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 02:30 AM by 18sixfifty.)
09-04-2014 02:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes 18sixfifty's post:
apt323 (04-09-2014)

Thank you sir!  I learned some there.  I tried to "like" or whatever your reply and got an error.  Oh well.
Soon (maybe tomorrow) I'll have like 15 EVOD and iclear things to play with.  And about 20 coils.  And an MVP 2.0  I should learn some hardware then.  As it is I don't have spares to learn with.
-  Joe
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 05:09 AM by Let-There-Be-Light.)
09-04-2014 05:05 AM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Cool, sounds like you should be set for a while. 

09-04-2014 10:19 PM