Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LISTEN UP EVERYONE I WANT>>>>>
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
RE: LISTEN UP EVERYONE I WANT>>>>>
1 - I'm a high functioning autistic.  Too high functioning.  90% of the time I am faking my way through interactions and over the years I've gotten REALLY good at it.  This results in people being really confused and even angry when I do things they don't understand, because even the people that know this about me, get used to me acting like a "normal" person.

2 - I am married and we have a polyamorous relationship.  At one point we had 2 other live-in girlfriends.  It was...  Interesting.  We almost had an MTV/HBO reality show (both networks expressed interest) because of that living arrangement, but all got together and decided it would be way too detrimental to our lives in the long run.

3 - I come from a very large family (I'm the oldest of 8, and both sides of the family are also large).  It was an amazing way to grow up but I'll never have more than 2 or 3 kids, lol.  I currently have a 10 year old son from my first marriage and a 3 year old Goddaughter that I stay in touch with from an ex girlfriend that I'm still close too.

4 - I was supposed to be a physicist, but couldn't manage college with my condition.  A very old man who had 7 doctorates and studied under Einstein interviewed me and immediately pulled strings at 3 schools to get me a special program and get me into school.  3 months later he had a heart attack and I ended up back in a normal curriculum, and within weeks dropped out again.  I have regretted this for 15 years, but still struggle every time I try to go back to school.

5 - My grandfather was a world renowned Pulitzer winning journalist who had a profound influence on my life and views.  I am VERY political, and pretty much resent everything about what the U.S. government has become because I know more about it than most.  It's depressing.

So.  There's more than anyone needed to know about me, lol.

Note - Whiskey - I have a THING for short girls.  4'11" is the perfect height, don't ever grow, lol.  Tongue

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 06:14 PM by Almost Jaded.)
11-04-2015 06:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 6 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
BOB (04-14-2015), JEFF (11-01-2015), JohnnyMac (04-11-2015), Michael (04-11-2015), randm (04-17-2015), Whiskey (04-11-2015)
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
Nice to meet you AJ, your life sounds both interesting and very trying for you, you sound like you have dealt with a lot of it in a very brave way. Much respectSmile
11-04-2015 08:00 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Whiskey's post:
Almost Jaded (04-11-2015), BOB (04-14-2015), JohnnyMac (04-11-2015), Michael (04-12-2015)
JEFF Offline

Likes Given: 732
(14-01-2015 10:36 PM) Whiskey Wrote:  To know 5 things about you that normaly folks don't know

I'll go first

1-I enjoy helping others enjoy my Therapy dogsSmile

2- I have red hair naturally

3-I am 4'11

4-I was lead singer in my own rock band for years

5-I admin and mod on 3 different forums

Now you go...............Smile

1. I grew up as an Army Brat and never lived anywhere longer than 3 years. Immediately after high school I join the USMC and again did not live anywhere longer than 3 years. I have now lived in Arizona since 1997 (when I got out of the service) so Casa Grande, Arizona could be called my home town. I lived in California (North, South and Central depending on which year), Washington (State not D.C.), Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Virginia and Berlin, Germany (when the wall was still up) while growing up.

2. I have been through Check Point Charlie in order to get to East Berlin (1976) and I have always wanted the Brandenburg Gate as the center piece to a full back piece tattoo.

3. I have a dry and often sarcastic sense of humor. While I might find something amusing or funny, I may not laugh. I am not an overly emotional, or even emotional, person. I have not cried, laughed out loud and had to hold my sides, or smiled at many things in years. In fact I can not remember the last time I cried. I am usually a very straight faced person.

4. Acronyms are my life it seems. I am OCD, joined the USMC to only end up with PTSD. While I am AFK, I am either 4x4 with my Jeep or out shooting my .45, 9mm, .410, .380. or 12ga. BRASS is more than a shell casing to my it is also an acronym (Breath, Relax, Aim, Stop, Squeeze). I have been mis-diagnosed as bi-polar prior to the PTSD diagnosis and then later I spent 5 years of my life using a walker, wheel chair or cane due to medications that where prescribed to me based on a mid-diagnosis of MS. So needless to say, the screwed up balance from the wrong meds led me to sell my motorcycle, since MS is not curable. I am now walking, running, playing with my grandkids and have my balance back. So with all that has transpired in my life I usually look at people with that 'funny look' and ask DILLIGAF? (Do I Look Like I Give A F**k).

5. I am a strong proponent of the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution. Although I have not worked since 2001, I have maintained my certification as a pistol and home defense instructor with the NRA. If you were to see me in real life and did not see a pistol on my hip, it does not mean I did not have one with me. If you did see the pistol on my hip, do not believe that was the only weapon I was carrying.
01-11-2015 09:50 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like JEFF's post:
Almost Jaded (11-02-2015), BOB (11-08-2015), Michael (07-05-2016)
TinWhisker Online
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,888
I have inside information about government cover-ups of extraterrestrials.

I was one of the original six members of the first civilian team that 'built' the internet.

I was the voice of a Peanuts character in the 1979 movie 'Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown'.

I survived a fall from an 8 story balcony when I was 14.

I lie all the time.
01-11-2015 10:19 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like TinWhisker's post:
Almost Jaded (11-02-2015), BOB (11-08-2015), ecignut (11-01-2015), JEFF (11-01-2015), Michael (07-05-2016), Spasmod (11-02-2015)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Things I have learned on this page:  

1 - Jeff and I would get along very well IRL, but he would think I talk too much.  Thankfully, conversation only goes so far wearing ear protection anyway, and he'd probably dig my 10mm.

2 - I like Tin's sense of humor already.

02-11-2015 07:27 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
JEFF (11-02-2015), Michael (07-05-2016), Spasmod (11-02-2015)
Xprimentyl Offline

Likes Given: 402
1. I unknowingly dated a married woman for 6 months; her husband was a cop and found out about us, who I was and where I lived before I had any idea he existed or that his wife (my girlfriend) was cheating on him…

2. I’ve played the piano since I was 12 years old, but detest playing in front of people.

3. My dad is from Panama, but didn’t teach me Spanish growing up. I learned it and was fluent in high school taking college-level courses taught entirely in Spanish at Ohio State University my senior year. Then college and alcohol happened and I forgot most of it.

4. During my first year of college, I was almost beat up by Mike Doss, a then Ohio State football player who went on to the NFL to play for the Minnesota Vikings.

5. I attended a Philip Glass and Kronos Quartet concert and bought the CD afterwards hoping to get it autographed, but the line was too long, so I decided to let the crowd thin down. By that time, they’d stopped signing. I left and started heading towards my car taking a shortcut behind the auditorium where, lo and behold, Philip Glass and the Kronos Quartet had ducked out to smoke cigarettes! I bashfully went up and thanked them for the performance and they not only signed my CD, they invited me to stick around, smoke and chat with them for those few minutes.

There's no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM.’ There’s no ‘U’ either. It doesn’t appear the TEAM needs us, so let’s go grab a beer!Drinks
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2015 03:17 PM by Xprimentyl.)
02-11-2015 03:17 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Xprimentyl's post:
BOB (11-08-2015), Michael (07-05-2016), Spasmod (11-02-2015)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,786
Hi - I am older than anyone else on this thread and I smoked longer than anyone as well. Believe it or not my real name is not ecignut it is Eddie. When I was younger I was into sport - Soccer, Cricket, Golf, Tennis and Athletics - I then broke my neck and had to stop all of them. I was highly competitive, was a bad loser and did not hide it. I was lucky regarding my neck - it did not leave me with any lasting problems apart from a painful shoulder which will never get better. Fishing is my passion - dry fly fishing for trout. It is purely sport and I have not killed a fish in 10years - they go safely back into the water for another day. I have been married for 48 years to a wonderful woman who is also my best friend - I am just an ordinary but extremely lucky guy.
02-11-2015 04:00 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
BOB (11-08-2015), TinWhisker (09-22-2016)
Xprimentyl Offline

Likes Given: 402
Speaking of awkward celebrity moments, I went to a Tricky concert, met the man himself and he gave me and my buddies VIP tickets to the backstage after party. (Tricky’s a godfather of Trip Hop music, a style of music that was big in the 90s, essentially dark electronic music meets Hip Hop/spoken word.) Anyway, after the show, true to their word, everyone without the hand-issued VIP passes was asked to leave leaving perhaps 25 of us standing around. The stage manager asked that we line up with our passes; we did so; then they asked all the ladies to go in first; they did so, and immediately afterwards told all us guys to take a hike. Fortunately, me and my buddies were there without our girlfriends, so we thought it was hilarious, but there were quite a few guys there who were left holding purses and coats while their girlfriends were doing “god-knows-what” with the band backstage!

There's no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM.’ There’s no ‘U’ either. It doesn’t appear the TEAM needs us, so let’s go grab a beer!Drinks
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2015 04:22 PM by Xprimentyl.)
02-11-2015 04:21 PM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

I've had a lot of celebrity run ins; I've stopped sharing them because people think I'm making it up, lol.  Some of them are pretty out there.

02-11-2015 05:38 PM
debski Offline

Likes Given: 0
I can't think of anything interestingSorry2
02-11-2015 06:25 PM