Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Keep ecigs away from minors!
Mark Benson Offline
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendors

Likes Given: 0
Keep ecigs away from minors!
One thing which makes me wonder about the whole "against ecigs" movement is the number of regulators around the world commenting upon the fact that minors should not have access to ecigs. I guarantee that there are no responsible ecig manufacturers/retailers who would wish their products to fall into the hands of minors. Reading the worldwide media you might sometimes get the impression that ecig companies are actually targeting minors - that is certainly not the impression I get from within the industry.
13-11-2013 10:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark Benson's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
RE: Keep ecigs away from minors!
I've never gotten the impression that they are targeting minors.  Quite the contrary and exactly the opposite of big tobacco companies.
13-11-2013 08:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JohnnyMac's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
I have found a lot of minors think my mods look "cool"......yeah I know, that's why I like them lol. It is worrying, I was at my stepsons rugby presentation on friday and I did get many comments when I retreated for a vape and the kids spotted my mod. Whats worrying is that many of them spotted it as an ecig where the adults were clueless.
13-11-2013 09:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes gords1001's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,566
The thing is this... most of us smoked when we were kids because it was the 'Hip' and cool thing to do back then. It was considered Taboo and if you smoked you were one of the tough guys.

Kids are kids and if they want to smoke they're going to smoke, if they want to Vape they're going to Vape. There's nothing anyone is going to do about that whether us parents like it or not.

Hopefully as parents we did a good enough job of educating them and steering them in the right direction, away from harmful things like Smoking. My son is 11, he has grown up watching me slowly kill myself with tobacco, he smelled the stink they cause and saw first hand the dirty mess they create and the disgusting tobacco stained fingers.

He has watched my health slowly improve since I began to Vape, he can see how my moods have changed for the better and I'm much less snappy and irritable than I used to be, and how I'm not out of breath anymore from small exertions.

I think he knows that smoking is something he never intends to do but if he did, I'd much rather he Vaped then smoked.

Kids do love gadgets, mine is no exception. I love gadgets too but remember.. kids of today have grown up with mobile phones and handheld games machine like ipods and androids. They will look at our mods with disdain once they realise they cannot text/phone/video chat/email their friends or play games and music on it. They're just not hip enough for modern kids of this generation. Smile
13-11-2013 11:50 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
gords1001 Offline

I'm not sure about that, their used to seeing an ego style set up with a ce4, that's what a few of the parents had.  Now compare this to an ego in appearance

[Image: 20131031_145214_zpsfc43b9dc.jpg]

Its certainly more interesting to look at. Then I had my sub ohm set up......parents were blowing a little whisp of vapour compared to the fog machine.....I'm not sure they would dismiss it so easily.
14-11-2013 07:30 AM
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
Mark Benson Offline
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendors

Like a member commented above, the more we tell the kids not to smoke ecigs they more "taboo" they will become. I think we do need some form of protection for kids before they are legally able to make up their own minds.

For more information on OK Electronic Cigarettes and the various products available please visit the OKCigs website.
15-11-2013 01:49 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
The same sales restrictions should apply as a tobacco product. The question becomes what do you do with a person who wishes to purchase a zero nic product. It's not much different that consuming a cookie.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
16-11-2013 01:25 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes madecov's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
Mark Benson Offline
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendors

There is a lot for regulators to consider, I just hope they don't go over board and throw the baby out with the bath water as they say. Perhaps this is the moment when associations such as the FDA will take a sensible approach - we can but hope Smile

Have any members seen much evidence of minors/school children taking up ecigs?

For more information on OK Electronic Cigarettes and the various products available please visit the OKCigs website.
(This post was last modified: 18-11-2013 04:59 PM by Mark Benson.)
18-11-2013 04:46 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
gords1001 Offline

Yes. My local vape shop has a hell of a problem with it.  He now operates a 25+ policy to combat this, much like alcohol sales. As I say above,  the kids at a rugby gathering all noticed my out of the norm ecig, and I have heard it said they are "great for hiding smoking at school - no odour" it doesn't help that the very advertising point of ecigs - better for you than smoking, is not missed by the very people we don't want to encourage to try it.

Its a notty problem,  particularly since the vast majority of the "cool" ecigs are mainly available online, where kids spend a lot of time, it wouldn't take much to find them if they wished too.
18-11-2013 07:33 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
Mark Benson Offline
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendors

It would be foolish to dismiss the problem of minors getting hold of ecigs but this is just one of many issues to take into consideration - one being the fact tobacco smokers find them a useful way of reducing their tobacco intake. My local supermarket has a 21+ policy on tobacco cigarettes, so maybe this is the way forward to protect minors and make it as difficult as possible for them to get their hands on ecigs?

22-11-2013 11:12 AM
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)