Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kangertech subtank nano
Prozena Offline

Likes Given: 0
Kangertech subtank nano
 Hi everyone! This is my first post ever on a vaping forum.

My stuff:
Istick 40wtc
Subtank nano
Freud vanilla tobacco 12mg 50/50

Im going to give you a little background-story to go with my question.

I woke up 5:30am on a monday morning two weeks ago, ready to go to work and have a great day. Went outside to start up my car and I notice that it has snowed at night. Pissed me off and i decide to vape. It was great, wasnt pissed off anymore.

Clients were generally in a bad mood that day, maybe it was the snow, dont know. I go thru a few clients before Its 11am and was planning to have a coffee break at 11. I'm driving to my last client and crave a vape, so i vape, no problem. The last client however is so fucked up batshit crazy that he fucks my day in the last hole pretty efficiently, im pissed and going to have a vapebreak before coffee break. I start vaping and the fucker gives me a burnt taste, pissed me off more and had to drive to my local ecig-shop before break. I get a bunch of New coils, prime one of them, let it sit for about 28mins (while still pissed off) and finally go for a digital smoke. The fucker gives me burnt taste after just 3 hits. 

I was pissed off so bad at this point. So i _very carefully_ prime another, do the whole needletrick with the coil and let it soak while being super carefull about it. Finally, Its 6pm and im getting off work, stayed back at the office for the rest of the day because i was having a bad case of shitty mood. Getting off work, i finally prepare to vape JUST TO BURN THE ASSHOLE AFTER LITERALLY 6 HITS. I run to the store next to my work and get a pack of cigarettes. I hadnt smoked at all after started vaping.

Now, two weeks and ten packs of cigarettes and 10 New coils later, the same thing happens every single time. Im doing everything right (wrong obviousöy) i dont get it. The first two coils, which came with the tank lasted me a good 3 weeks each, i even ran the 1,2ohm coil at 40w for a week before it burnt. Please tell me what to do. Im seriously pissed.
21-11-2015 06:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,387
RE: Kangertech subtank nano
Hi prozena. My first suggestion would be.. turn the power down! 40w on a 1.2 is seriously hot.
 Lower resistance coils should also help, get some .5's they handle the power range your using better. Hope that helps Smile

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
21-11-2015 06:36 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gentlydoingit*'s post:
Whiskey (11-22-2015)
Prozena Offline

I should mentiin, that i didnt run 40w on the New ones, burnt them at 9w actually :/ i know i shouldnt run 40 on them.
21-11-2015 07:02 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,387
Ah ok.. have you had new Vg heavy juice maybe? 50/50-70/30 will wick fine, over that and wicking is slower. You need more time between hits or it'll dry.
Other than that I can't think of any problems you would have other than the mod is broken and stuck on max or it was a bad batch of coils you had.

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
21-11-2015 07:13 PM
Prozena Offline

I have only had the same Juice 50/50 and i started the first 1,2ohm at 20w and moved to 40w and had pretty much no problem. It ran fine for 3 weeks. Habits are the same. Priming was the same, only more carefully at the end. Im not sure if im willing to blame the mod, it works fine on ijust2 which i loathe and hate vaping on.
21-11-2015 07:25 PM
PoleCat Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 9
Not trying to be a smartass, but have you considered going to a different tank? I really dig the Uwell Crown. It comes with a variety of coils and is very compatible with your istick.

I have both the eVic-60W and the KBox Mini 40W. I run the crown on both at higher W's and it performs perfectly... also, the coils last and last.

it's a little pricey - $45 or so... But in my opinion, it's probably the best piece of equipment I own.
22-11-2015 12:11 AM
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
Prozena is correct, Your running way too high wattage on the coils, .5's at about 10-15 watts will be more in your well house I think. Good luck and don't give up!!
22-11-2015 01:03 PM
sureditch Offline

Hi Prozena, I'm also fairly new to this, but have taken some advice from friends. I've got the Kanger subtank nano on a Coolfire IV mod, 1.2ohm coils. I'm vaping at 14-15w with Longhorn vapor, which I believe is a 70:30 juice, and it works fine. I also have an Innokin isub G tank, 2.0 ohm coils at 12w which also works for me. Hope this helps.
27-11-2015 11:39 PM
JamesRay0757 Offline

I have a kanger Subtank Mini using Moon Mountains Max VG line running 35watts on my .5 coils with absolutely no problem and my coils last in a week or more. (I do not vape heavy on them)
28-11-2015 05:47 AM