Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kanger Subox Nano Coil Change Issue. Help Please.
jeffster92 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Kanger Subox Nano Coil Change Issue. Help Please.
I've had this thing for a week and it's time to change the coil, it looked rather simple watching the person at the shop doing it, but she failed to mention this little bar that goes over the coil and how to remove it so that I can change my coil out. The bar is absolutely stuck in place and will not allow my coil to come out. so I'm just kind of stuck... No idea what to do here anymore.
15-12-2015 06:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
ADIE37 Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 280
RE: Kanger Subox Nano Coil Change Issue. Help Please.
Hi there when you remove the base of your tank does the coil come out with it or does it stay up in the tank?
15-12-2015 09:44 AM
jeffster92 Offline

(15-12-2015 09:44 AM)ADIE36 Wrote:  Hi there when you remove the base of your tank does the coil come out with it or does it stay up in the tank?
The coil comes out with the base. I'll link a video showing the exact one that I have and give you a time stamp so that you can see the bars that are over the coil that I'm talking about. I have no idea how or why, but this guy managed to pull his coils out and that bar piece stayed in the tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dG7njwtNIM

Time stamp is 11:04 and that's the bar piece that comes out with the base (and over my coil), instead of staying in the tank like it did for him.
15-12-2015 10:01 AM
jeffster92 Offline

(15-12-2015 09:44 AM)ADIE36 Wrote:  Hi there when you remove the base of your tank does the coil come out with it or does it stay up in the tank?
Kind of thinking that the employee who put it together may have messed up the threading or something because there is a grip on the tip of the base that looks like it could be used for unscrewing, but it's completely stiff and won't budge.
15-12-2015 10:04 AM
ADIE37 Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 280
It does show in that vid that the base should split into 2 parts it does sound as if it has been cross threaded at some point if it was mine and only if it was mine I would get a couple of pairs of grips and some cloth so not to mark it and grip the two parts and gently try to unscrew it. The problem you might find if you do manage to get it apart is that the threads might be damaged the only other thing I can suggest is to take it back and see if they can sort it for you or give you a replacement seeings it was probably there fault it got jammed up I am sorry I can't be much more help. 
15-12-2015 10:45 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ADIE37's post:
gentlydoingit* (12-15-2015)
mkess Offline

Likes Given: 9
I have the nano and the bars should stay in the tank when you unscrew the base.  Thwe bottom cap will unscrew if the base is put on to tight. Ive had this happen.
16-12-2015 05:02 PM
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
The base is 2 pieces. You removed both. The part with the bar stays attached with the glass and the base with the coil is seperated then you van remove the coil. If it's stuck try freezing the base for about half an hour and then separate the parts with a sharp twist.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
16-12-2015 07:11 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes madecov's post:
mkess (12-16-2015)