Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Kanger Protank Review
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,587
Kanger Protank Review
Here's a Video review of the Kanger Protank from Phil Busardo, He's one of my favourite reviewers who always gives a very indepth review with a little touch of humour Smile

I've just recently purchased one of these and I have to say it's a truly remarkable piece of kit! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Kanger Protank to anyone who enjoys a good smokey Vape!

22-08-2013 07:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
RE: Kanger Protank Review
I have pretty much decided to stick with Kanger as my preferred clearo. Since they have changed the head units, almost all of them now use the same head so you don't need several models. I have an unopened Protank that is just waiting on both the perfect MOD and perfect flavor.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
15-09-2013 09:16 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

What started off for me as a great experience with the Protank quickly turned into a nightmare, to the extent that I gave it away!

The friend of mine who had it from me played around with it and he thinks he's managed to figure out what the problems were. I'll give it another go once I'm round his house to visit.

The main problem I had was the metallic taste coupled with the flooding issues on one extreme to a very harsh burnt taste and lack of smoke at the other extreme.

Apparently he's modded the air intake so I'll probably buy another and ask him to mod it if he has indeed managed to fathom the problems hehe Smile
15-09-2013 09:45 PM
The Vaper Offline

Hey folks, it's PBusardo, I'm here today to show you the _____!
16-09-2013 04:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
madecov Offline

Finally popped the seal on my Protank.
Not sure what to think. The concept is great, but it is a very airy draw. Mine actually whistles when I draw. Flavor is moderately muted. I will need to compare it to another Clearo when I have time with the same juice.

EDIT:

I have found the Protank operates a lot better on the Vamo, I was using on my Tesla and the draw and flavor is better on the Vamo. I also attached the trim ring to help reduce airflow. The more I use the Tesla the less I really like it. Kanger EVOD's fit the Tesla but T3's do not Angry

The Protank really looks cool on the Vamo V3 stainless Cool

(This post was last modified: 20-10-2013 06:29 PM by madecov.)
20-10-2013 06:11 PM
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
give a davide glassomiser a try, trust me on this, its my favourite tank at the moment. cheap, nice draw on it, brilliant flavour and just keeps working without leaking or dry hitting. pyrex tank so no fluid worries, what more could you ask for?
20-10-2013 06:40 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

(20-10-2013 06:11 PM)madecov Wrote:  Finally popped the seal on my Protank.
Not sure what to think. The concept is great, but it is a very airy draw. Mine actually whistles when I draw. Flavor is moderately muted. I will need to compare it to another Clearo when I have time with the same juice.

EDIT:

I have found the Protank operates a lot better on the Vamo, I was using on my Tesla and the draw and flavor is better on the Vamo. I also attached the trim ring to help reduce airflow. The more I use the Tesla the less I really like it. Kanger EVOD's fit the Tesla but T3's do not Angry

The Protank really looks cool on the Vamo V3 stainless Cool
Glad you tried it out Mark and the airy draw isn't a bad thing as the beauty ring does do a good job at controlling the air actually, and hopefully enough to give you the Vape you like.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Protank I bought had too tight an air draw which led to my flooding issues.

I was wondering how you were getting on with the Tesla, it's a shame it's not performing as well as you'd hoped Sad
20-10-2013 09:09 PM
madecov Offline

Just started using the Protank 3
Night and day. The dual coils are nice. Still a little on the airy side but overall a great improvement over the original.

15-12-2013 12:32 AM
madecov Offline

Bad news, 24 hours and the thing has started to leak at the 510 connection. Obviously an o ring issue. I wasn't able to get any additional coils and I only have one coil left available (comes with one spare). This isn't good. I'm sure that if it is a common occurrence kanger will get it fixed but not a good thing right away.

Back to a Vi Vi nova for now.

16-12-2013 01:21 AM
apt323 Offline

Likes Given: 105
Dang that sucks!  Been kind of want some of the protanks but tired of the leaking from the bottom coil setups. Thats why i decided to buy some of the VIVI novas.  They should be in on monday got a tracking update and they were already in Ft Worth, I ordered them friday.  Pretty nice shipping time.  Hopefully the product is just as nice as the shipping times.
16-12-2013 04:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply