Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just got tfv4 mini with rx200: Questions
Telli24 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Just got tfv4 mini with rx200: Questions
Ok so I jus got this set up..

Tfv4 with the wismec rx200 mod. It comes with a Clapton dual core, sextuple core and rebuild able Clapton which is already equipped with a single 4 wrap coil. I started with the dual core and I have a few questions..

I'm trying to get into tricking and cloud chasing, so I'm wondering which core is best to use ( in assuming the REbuildable deck). And if anyone is using the same set up, what settings so u have ur Rx at?

I'm still pretty new to all this so excuse me if I didn't explain correctly or sound ignorant to my set up. Any help is appreciated!
13-04-2016 09:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
phlash Offline

Likes Given: 264
RE: Just got tfv4 mini with rx200: Questions
(13-04-2016 09:58 PM)Telli24 Wrote:  Ok so I jus got this set up..

Tfv4 with the wismec rx200 mod. It comes with a Clapton dual core, sextuple core and rebuild able Clapton which is already equipped with a single 4 wrap coil. I started with the dual core and I have a few questions..

I'm trying to get into tricking and cloud chasing, so I'm wondering which core is best to use ( in assuming the REbuildable deck). And if anyone is using the same set up, what settings so u have ur Rx at?

I'm still pretty new to all this so excuse me if I didn't explain correctly or sound ignorant to my set up. Any help is appreciated!
That's a great setup! It's one of the best you can get for the price. The dna is better, but a hundred bucks more. I'm sure they told you to use matched batteries, I use the AWT3000 forty amp imr exclusively, but any good battery will work. Make sure you rotate them and DO NOT use the usb to charge them. You can find the upgrade on the Wismec site, unless you already have it. To find out what you have, turn it off and then hit the fire button about twenty times. It will come on, but just keep hitting it til it shows up. If it shows version 3.0 you are good to go. On the tfv4,I get my coils at elementvape. I have found the best selection of coils there, and the best prices. I use octuple fused claptons, but there are many more to choose from, and they are all juice hogs. The rba decks are a bit of a dud, though. Anything past fifty watts they try to dry hit.The octuples are the best imo, and they will run up to 180 watts. I run mine around ninety watts most of the time. One other thing.  try not to drop it. You can bend the outer case, which will cause the battery sled to lose contact. The temp control works ok, but I don't use it much. There is a lot more info on the web, you just have to look for it. Anything you're not sure about, just ask. Good luck, hope this helps.
13-04-2016 11:38 PM
Telli24 Offline

(13-04-2016 11:38 PM)phlash Wrote:  

That's a great setup! It's one of the best you can get for the price. The dna is better, but a hundred bucks more. I'm sure they told you to use matched batteries, I use the AWT3000 forty amp imr exclusively, but any good battery will work. Make sure you rotate them and DO NOT use the usb to charge them. You can find the upgrade on the Wismec site, unless you already have it. To find out what you have, turn it off and then hit the fire button about twenty times. It will come on, but just keep hitting it til it shows up. If it shows version 3.0 you are good to go. On the tfv4,I get my coils at elementvape. I have found the best selection of coils there, and the best prices. I use octuple fused claptons, but there are many more to choose from, and they are all juice hogs. The rba decks are a bit of a dud, though. Anything past fifty watts they try to dry hit.The octuples are the best imo, and they will run up to 180 watts. I run mine around ninety watts most of the time. One other thing.  try not to drop it. You can bend the outer case, which will cause the battery sled to lose contact. The temp control works ok, but I don't use it much. There is a lot more info on the web, you just have to look for it. Anything you're not sure about, just ask. Good luck, hope this helps.

Thanks man! Ima def check out the site and some coils. As far as the the tfv4 kit and the coils and cores that came with it, which did u find works best for vapor production and or flavor?
14-04-2016 02:07 AM
Telli24 Offline

(13-04-2016 11:38 PM) phlash Wrote:  

Also I've heard people say that usb charging is OK then I hear people say it's not with the Rx.  Any reason why u suggest not to usb charge?
14-04-2016 02:41 AM
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,230
The reason it isn't recommended to USB charge is the wild inaccuracy of the built-in voltmeter. This can lead to gross imbalance of the cells which is A Bad Thing.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
14-04-2016 06:39 AM
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
I prefer the quad coils on my TFV4. Great flavor and huge clouds. And Don's a genius, so I take him at his word when he said not to charge my RX200 via USB Smile 
14-04-2016 02:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply