Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just Purchased An RBA... Qs Galore
bdeslaur Offline

Likes Given: 28
RE: Just Purchased An RBA... Qs Galore
Hooray! I got the screw out by using a new screwdriver. Thank you for delivering it, Mr. UPS man! Let's see what other problems I can run into. I have a full tank of my custom-made banana foster, so I'll have to vape that down before changing coils to the RBA mode Smile .
29-03-2016 05:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like bdeslaur's post:
gentlydoingit* (03-29-2016), Michael (03-30-2016)
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
Good show, now make sure you don't tighten them up too tight, gets some new screws as soon as you can.. better still ditch that terrible tank and get the top fill one, be much easier in the future.
29-03-2016 06:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
bdeslaur Offline

I got some new screws and now I've run into the problem of trying to screw in the coil properly. It is SOOO hard. I finally got it, but it took almost 30 minutes of trying. The wires just wouldn't stay under the screw no matter what I did.

I guess I ought to practice practice practice.
30-03-2016 12:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
Looking at your RBA, its looking like the original Subtank, NOT subtank mini as I use, and the latest one. I just posted an article on the original RBA having problems with the plastic melting on the RBA.

The problem is, we just think people have the latest version, and don't think they could have picked up an older model.. even if it is new..

So a lot of your problems have been fixed on new versions, and there are many types of those too.

Here is the SUBTANK (Large) RBA
Here is the SUBTANK MINI RBA

As you can see they are both different, then there is the tank, the original SUBTANK and many of the newer ones, including the subtank mini, and the top fill ones.

So your problems were fixed in the newer tanks and newer RBA units

I cant say what the original RBA coil screws are like, but they are very secure and easy on the new RBA mini. I guess the only thing that hasn't changed is the air flow adjustment unit :0

If you look at the new RBA you can see they changed the coil screws completely, there is a grove in the new ones, and the screw traps the wire in it, not sticking up like yours

I wont even say anything about the subtank nano :0

Old RBA

New RBA

Look how much easier it is to fit the wire on the new one

Oh I just thought, if you wrap the wire clockwise then turning the screw will tighten and wrap the wire. If you wrap the wire anti clockwise then turning the screw would loosen the wire ?

Id fit very small washes if I could

Just done a search on FastTech and finally found a clone that has the 4.5Ml Glass tank, stainless steel, and the new RBA, and its top fill.. Took some searching and is the closest to the original Subtank mini, high quality AND by the looks of it, you can just twist the top to line up the filling holes with the grommet holes below. My top fill has the grommets but a blank top you have to take off, so this one is better still
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 01:38 AM by KingJohn.)
30-03-2016 12:52 AM
paulS Offline
Toodle Club Billet Box Squonk Boy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,005
bdeslaur - You might remember now what I said. It takes toime and experience. Reading about it and watching videos help but they are no substitute for practice and experience. Don't get frustrated. We all started thinking we knew what we were doing only to learn through trial and error the best way of doing things.

The subtank mini had two RBA decks. The first deck had much smaller juice holes and when it came out we werew all drilling them out. The newer version has better wicking for sure. You can get a .5 clapton in without too much effort. 

Keep working at it. You will soon be expert.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
30-03-2016 02:29 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like paulS's post:
bdeslaur (03-30-2016), Michael (03-30-2016)
bdeslaur Offline

I wonder why the OCC coils say that the recommended wattage is between 12-25 watts, but yet it doesn't produce vapor until I am at almost 60 watts. Any ideas? That's a confusing thing to me.

The RBA is a juice hog, that's for sure.
30-03-2016 06:20 PM
bdeslaur Offline

Now my coils ALWAYS pop up as 0.9 ohms no matter what I do. I'm not sure if I'm twisting the coils right or not or if I'm causing a short circuit of some kind. Any ideas? Should I post pictures?
01-04-2016 09:26 PM
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,209
Pics would be handy - but can be a pain to get for coils.

There's something wrong if they all hit 0.9 ohms.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
01-04-2016 10:43 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 6,888
What's your target resistance and what wire do you have?

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
02-04-2016 01:19 AM
bdeslaur Offline

My target resistance is 0.5 ohms and I have Kanthal wire. 5 wraps should do it, but I always have to crank it up to almost 200 watts just to make the coil glow. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.
02-04-2016 01:49 AM