Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just Purchased An RBA... Qs Galore
bdeslaur Offline

Likes Given: 28
RE: Just Purchased An RBA... Qs Galore
(29-03-2016 01:26 AM)KingJohn Wrote:  Darn it, Kanger has a competition on who can design a new tank by Friday.. So may of them now. Ok so one of those screws is stuck ha ha, scrap it get a top fill tank :0

Ok well perhaps if you put that part into hot water then cold, then hot again, it may loosen the screw, but if you have no Philips head left your going to have to drill it out

I bought one of these for mine, don't need to open tank again, just fill from top in one of the grommets
Poohey. We will see if that works, I suppose. I don't have a drill bit that small.

I don't mind filling from the bottom as long as I can unscrew what I need. Haha. I'll try the water method. If that doesn't work, I'll take a q-tip with canola oil and spread it around the screw.
29-03-2016 01:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 6,892
That's a new one on me! The damaged head doesnt look too bad, all you need is a good driver and some elbow grease. (And some luck)

They need to come out? Will the bottom section not screw off like on the other kanger tanks?

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
29-03-2016 01:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
bdeslaur Offline

The bottom section does, but in order to use the RBA section, you need a different chimney. That means you need to unscrew the top screws to get the old one out. Grrrr.... Gotta love it!
29-03-2016 01:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
The drill bit has to be smaller than the outside hole, you wont need to drill right down, just enough to take the head of the screw off, probably pull off after a little drilled, so long as other screw is out..

Yer its very drastic, but if there is no head left and screw is still very tight I cant see anything else helping, cant even get a snips in there, cant tap it around as it may break glass.

Will a flat head screw driver fit across the notches of the head?
29-03-2016 01:44 AM
bdeslaur Offline

(29-03-2016 01:44 AM)KingJohn Wrote:  The drill bit has to be smaller than the outside hole, you wont need to drill right down, just enough to take the head of the screw off, probably pull off after a little drilled, so long as other screw is out..

Yer its very drastic, but if there is no head left and screw is still very tight I cant see anything else helping, cant even get a snips in there, cant tap it around as it may break glass.

Will a flat head screw driver fit across the notches of the head?
No, a flathead won't Sad Sad I think it's doomed. I really wanted to rebuild something. I guess I'll have to give the rebuildable piece away in the Free section. I'm truly steamed.

Is it possible to rebuild the coil that came with it? The OCC coil?
29-03-2016 01:51 AM
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Well I had to go looking for your tank, just never seen the replaceable chimney type on the subbox tank before, how far down do the screws go, don't look like they go far. But the whole thing is very silly, normally you only have the 2 22mm large glass threads, nothing to change inside, just fit an original coil or RBA both fit as they are.

That link to the top tank I sent, you only need to screw in the air control unit at the bottom and add coil or RBA, its a full tank

You can re build the original coils, I have done a few, but its not something that would be easy for someone new to this, and it takes longer than using the RBA

Did you try the hot water, another screw driver ? if they were sticking up you could do a lot more. But if I was you I would invest in the regular tank when you can, even a clone
(This post was last modified: 29-03-2016 02:04 AM by KingJohn.)
29-03-2016 02:00 AM
bdeslaur Offline

(29-03-2016 02:00 AM)KingJohn Wrote:  Well I had to go looking for your tank, just never seen the replaceable chimney type on the subbox tank before, how far down do the screws go, don't look like they go far. But the whole thing is very silly, normally you only have the 2 22mm large glass threads, nothing to change inside, just fit an original coil or RBA both fit as they are.

You can re build the original coils, I have done a few, but its not something that would be easy for someone new to this, and it takes longer than using the RBA

Did you try the hot water, another screw driver ? if they were sticking up you could do a lot more. But if I was you I would invest in the regular tank when you can, even a clone
I haven't tried the hot water yet. I'm trying to vape the rest of the juice in there first. I get new screwdrivers tomorrow, so maybe that will help a bit. I appreciate your help! Smile Good
29-03-2016 02:04 AM
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Oh the other way is to freeze it, just pop it into the freezer and try it every 5 min.. you know 10-20 min just enough to freezer the metal

Looking and finding others with same problem, someone else said to put a rubber band over the head of the screw, then use the screw driver
(This post was last modified: 29-03-2016 02:15 AM by KingJohn.)
29-03-2016 02:08 AM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 6,892
Rebuilding the OCC head isn't so bad.. if you have an old one to have a go at there's nothing to lose by trying it, just make sure it's not touching the housing.

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
29-03-2016 02:45 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gentlydoingit*'s post:
bdeslaur (03-29-2016)
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Oh one last thing Smile you could also try grinding the point of the screw driver, that will let it sit more on the cross section
29-03-2016 04:46 AM