Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Its a Loverley Day
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
Its a Loverley Day
Please also see "Its a Terrible day" thread.. or make one if its gone

What a nice day in central UK, sun is shining and its warm. Today I hope the backlog of things Ive ordered finally show up after the UK holidays.

Waiting for postman !

And you ?

Good morning all
30-03-2016 09:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Its a Loverley Day
"Oh wouldn't it be loverly?" 

God, I love Audrey Hepburn. 

Nice day here, I'm fortunate to get to work out of my car so I spend most of the day in the sun. 
30-03-2016 02:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Oh you go around selling little packets ? Yahoo

Oh well Part postman delivery, xbox 360 for my grandson, his packed up(I bought him a PS4 for xmas), few torches from china, and a hdmi switch from ebay thats faulty Smile
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 03:05 PM by KingJohn.)
30-03-2016 03:02 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes KingJohn's post:
Michael (03-30-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Basically Yeah Tongue
30-03-2016 03:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

oops I updated, as I normally do 20 times before I think I haven't got too many typos. Oh thats good then, nice to get out and about, all my previous jobs I was always in doors
30-03-2016 03:06 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Haha yeah I'm in marketing for a portrait photography company, so basically I drive around all day telling people to let my people come take their family portraits. It's a fun job, I get to meet a lot of people and I'm passionate about photography since it's a way to capture memories. 

But yeah, in the car all day. I pay more for gas than I do for food Tongue
30-03-2016 03:11 PM
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Cool job.. so whats a good all around camera, I use my wife Nokia 1020 with 44mp camera these days, box full of digital cameras not used anymore
30-03-2016 10:52 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Well picking a camera depends on what you want. If you want a professional camera cheap, go with an Olympus E-1 or E-3. If you want the best professional camera and cost is no object, Nixon D700. If you want point and shoot, basically anything these days as they've gotten a lot better in recent years. I recommend Olympus since they're user friendly and high quality. If you want a high end consumer camera with interchangeable lenses, go with the Canon Eos Rebel T5. Personally, I use an Olympus E-3. It's a really good camera, but an older model so it's less expensive these days. Though lenses are still as expensive as ever since they're the same format that fits newer bodies. 
30-03-2016 11:17 PM
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Huh, after 3 pages of google search I gave up, not many camera dedicated shops left in the UK now, and if Im spending £300 then it would be from a known reputable dealer

This is what I found from a good company called John Lewis
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2016 12:25 AM by KingJohn.)
31-03-2016 12:25 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Yeah the E-1 and E-3 are quite old now, I believe the E-3 came out in 2008 and the E-1 was four years before that, so they're hard to find from reputable sources. I forget how old the E-3 is since I've only had mine a year or two, but that's because it was a gift from my dad who had it since it was new. Still an awesome machine, and for the price it's great, but there are better options now if you can afford it. The E-1 is good for studio work, and insanely cheap at $50-75 USD for the body, but not that great for casual use since it's so old and was designed for studio use. 
For a "carry everywhere and shoot landscapes, capture family memories, etc" kind of camera, I'd go Canon. The Rebel T5 is a great one, and it also uses SD cards, which are much more readily available than the older CF memory cards used by Olympus. With 18 megapixels, it'll capture really good photos that can be blown up for printing, and its "automatic settings" mode is one of the best if you don't like fiddling with aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc. I found one at Best Buy's site on sale for $399 including an 18-55mm lens, which is a decent zoom and a great price for a total package. And of course you can swap lenses, but that gets expensive fast, lenses often cost way more than the camera body itself so buying a camera that comes with a lens is a good idea. 

From that site you linked, this Canon camera would be a good option. It's a high-end consumer camera, so it won't have quite all the same options as a professional camera, but honestly 99% of folks won't notice the difference since it has all the essentials. And that particular kit comes with the camera body, two lenses, and a copy of Adobe Elements, which is basically a scaled-down version of Photoshop. Elements is great for minor photo editing, and simpler to use than Photoshop. Personally that's the option I'd go with if I were you. Of course shopping around and finding what works for you is always a good idea, especially with a bigger purchase, so don't just take my word for it, read some reviews and see what sounds good to you Smile
31-03-2016 02:35 AM