Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is making the switch hard?
MarekSmoker Offline

Likes Given: 0
Is making the switch hard?
I have been a long term smoker for most of my life since my teenager years, I am 23 now and want to quit. Is switching from normal cigarettes to e-cigs difficult?
There was some info on this on this V2 Cigs site, but do you think that switching is harder than breaking a drug addiction for example?
21-02-2014 09:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarekSmoker's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,225
RE: Is making the switch hard?
I was 13 when I started smoking. I was 53 when i discovered vaping. No pain, no grief.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
21-02-2014 10:21 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
I put my baccy tin on the cupboard top when my vamo and ce4 arrived.

Even when I lost my little baby girl I didn't look for it.

No, its not hard. My best advice, buy a good vw device like a vamo, you'll quickly grow into it and it'll take any device you want to use down to a 1.2ohm coil, which gives you a lot of growing room.

Tank wise, bypass the ce4's and get a davide glassomiser or similar.

Buy the best 18650 cells you can get, from either panasonic, samsung, sony, sanyo or lg, aw imrs are imo not necessary, you can do far better for your money.

Get a good charger like an xtar wp2 ii or the newer equivalent, again, something to grow into, you will appreciate it in the long run.

Be prepared to spend a bit on good local juice, its really worth it.

All this sounds slightly expensive because in the short term, it is, however if you cheap out, you either wont take to it and be back on the fags, or, will eventually end up buying all this stuff anyway and your initial purchases will become derelict and a waste of money.

I also feel egos are now so cloned that the risk of buying something potentially dangerous that may burst into flames. They can be that bad and scare the crap out of me.

Work out what you spend a week on cigs, in my partners case its a minimum twenty a day, £53.50 per week. Minimum, you pick the right gear, and dont get shinyitus, you'll spend two weeks smoking money maximum, still have the satisfaction and have equipment to grow into, ie cells that'll run good sub ohm set ups if you desire, and fit mech mods, a charger that'll do anything from an 18350 through a 14500 to an 18700, heck maybe even 26650 cells if you choose right, a mod that will run any off the shelf tank or an interesting rebuildable atomiser (the last two days are the first two in my vaping career I've NOT used my vamo, I've been vaping six months or so).

All this sounds scary, complicated and expensive, its really not, in the long run, its the cheapest way to an easy dswitch and imo the safest, all things considered.
21-02-2014 10:46 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like gords1001's post:
18sixfifty (02-22-2014), Spasmod (02-22-2014), vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Quitting smoking is hard. Enjoying vaping in place of it isn't. But like Gords says you are much more likely to be successful if you buy good equipment. You will be even more successful if you get into it as a hobby. It keeps it fresh and fun and keeps you looking forward to something new to try. Not that you have to spend a ton of money either. Good batteries and good clones are not that expensive. If you get into making your own juice it goes down even more. 

Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask any questions. We will be happy to answer them for you. 
21-02-2014 11:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like 18sixfifty's post:
gords1001 (02-21-2014), Spasmod (02-22-2014), vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
gords1001 Offline

As 18sixfifty says. It need not be expensive once you are set up, and clones are getting better and better, attys in particular, for now you need not worry about that, but good cells and a good charger are well worth investing in.

Juice, it takes fifteen minutes to get out your supplies, mix up 30mls and clean up, I cant drive to my local vape supplier, pick up juice and get home that quick, and its 80p/10ml vs £2.50/10ml. Big saving, you can download juice calculators to your phone and using measured oral syringes its dead easy.

As 18sixfifty says, feel free to ask, we're here to help and welcome to the forum.
21-02-2014 11:33 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gords1001's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,587
Welcome to TVF Marek!

I think the guys have covered everything in the answers above, but please don't be afraid to ask questions.. no matter how silly they may seem - we all had to start somewhere and take the winding road to what seems like oblivion. It's really not that difficult though once you know the basics.

As far as the cigarettes go, some find it harder than others depending how much you enjoy smoking and how many you smoke I guess. I gave up just like gords, literally the first vape I took, Smoking was over for me. Others though like to switch slowly and do both before eventually quitting the cigs. Some people continue to smoke and vape, it just means they're smoking less than they used to.

Whichever route you take, we're here to help you along the way Good
21-02-2014 11:57 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
liam Offline

Likes Given: 9
 You haven't been smoking that long, so it shouldn't be too hard.But if it is realize there is nothing wrong with that.don't give up on vaping just because you still want to smoke...it may take time,but that doesn't mean you failed. I've talked to serious vapers who still smoke from time to time, but when you see someone whose gone from 2 or 3 packs a day down to 5 cigs a day that's a succsess.For some people it's not just the nic they crave, but the alkloids in tobacco and so they might use WTA juice for awhile  everyone is unique so allow yourself to....be.
22-02-2014 12:10 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like liam's post:
Spasmod (02-22-2014), vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
Started at age 16, I'm 55 now and have been Vaping for about 6 months. I have not had a cig since the day I started. Just really started to get into the mechanicals and now it's mostly about the flavor. Yes I vape more than I used to smoke but it's just so much better tasting. Started with Ego type devices then went with a Vamo. Now I'm running a King clone with a Kraken. In about 2 weeks I might have a Stingray and Kayfun lite as a second unit.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
22-02-2014 04:42 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes madecov's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
MarekSmoker Offline

Likes Given: 0
(22-02-2014 04:42 AM)madecov Wrote:  Started at age 16, I'm 55 now and have been Vaping for about 6 months. I have not had a cig since the day I started. Just really started to get into the mechanicals and now it's mostly about the flavor. Yes I vape more than I used to smoke but it's just so much better tasting. Started with Ego type devices then went with a Vamo. Now I'm running a King clone with a Kraken. In about 2 weeks I might have a Stingray and Kayfun lite as a second unit.
The taste is 100% better I agree. I have been trying to quit over the last week and It's been going well. Do you know any good resources to figure out why my e-cig isn't tasting as good as it was when I started using it? My cartridge is full, I really don't know what to do.

I read this as someone recommended, but it has no useful information.
http://www.daylo.com/why-your-e-cig-may-not-be-working/
01-03-2014 03:16 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarekSmoker's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
gords1001 Offline

It more than likely needs a clean/replacement if you habe been using it a while.

What exactly are you using?
01-03-2014 05:32 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gords1001's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)