Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Vaping ‘Cool’?
Nicole Offline
Approved Blogger
Approved Blogger

Likes Given: 20
Is Vaping ‘Cool’?
There are a lot of people who say that vaping is cool - while there are also a lot of people who say that it’s not. There seems to be a lot of this going around on social media right now - so I decided to write about it. Tongue

So what’s the big deal? Is vaping ‘cool’, or is it actually a nerdy, geeky habit that’ll get you laughed at?

Here’s the ‘straight dope’ on whether you should be proud or embarrassed of your vaping habit out in public.

The reality

The reality is that vaping is a safer alternative to tobacco cigarettes.

Are you more responsible for using electronic cigarettes?

Yes.

Are you going to be healthier because you’re vaping instead of smoking?

Yes.

Are you going to look as cool vaping as you did smoking?

As it turns out, this might depend on who’s watching. Wink

There have been a lot of social media posts lately making fun of vapers. More specifically, a lot of people seem to be poking fun at how ‘eager’ vapers seem to be to call themselves vapers.

This is, admittedly, an unfair stereotype - because not all vapers like to rub their habit in people’s faces.
But on the other hand, I don’t altogether blame some people for thinking this. We all know one of ‘those guys’… a guy who vapes and can’t stop talking about it to everyone.

To be really honest, people probably don’t care that much whether you vape or not - and the fact that some people just can’t stop talking about it does rub those on the outside the wrong way.

How to ‘do it right’

If you want to look cool while vaping, here are some tips to follow.

1… Don’t tell everyone about it continually

If you vape, you’re probably doing it for you. That’s fine. But people are going to think it’s weird if you keep talking about it. Just do your thing and be yourself - and don’t drive everyone crazy.

2… Don’t try to get everyone else to vape

This really drives people crazy. If people want to vape, they will. Again, do it for you - not to get other people on your bandwagon.

3… Don’t be difficult to hang out with because of your vaping habit

Don’t blow vapor in people’s faces. Don’t be so busy vaping that you can’t carry on a normal conversation. Don’t Interrupt the plans and hold the group up because you forgot that new bottle of E-liquid.

To sum these things up, you should just try not to let vaping keep you from being a cool person. As long as you’re being yourself and thinking about the people around you, you shouldn’t have a problem.

If you’re being polite and someone thinks that you’re ‘uncool’ because you’re vaping, then rest assured that they’re being unreasonable. Vaping isn’t uncool. It’s safer than smoking, and anyone who knows anything about electronic cigarettes would want to encourage you, not discourage you.

So if someone tries to tell you that vaping is annoying just because it’s vaping - then you might want to ignore the comments and just do your thing.

You can’t please everyone - and the truth is that some people just seem to be really good at finding things to complain about.

In conclusion

If you’re vaping to look cool, then you might be doing it for the wrong reasons. But if you’re vaping because it’s a safer alternative to tobacco use and because you enjoy your nicotine habit and wish to do so safely, then you’re probably doing it right.

Inhaling vapor isn’t as safe as inhaling clean air - but when you compare it to tobacco smoke, the two don’t really have that much in common. It’s safer, cleaner, and less dangerous. These facts are the important part. Read more articles about vaping on my blog: http://ecigsuk.org.uk/category/about-e-cigarettes/

For more information about vaping, e-cigarette legislation, to see various e-cig guides, tips and video reviews - visit EcigsUK Blog.

Vape, vape and vape again.... Wink3
16-02-2016 03:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 9 users Like Nicole's post:
Don (02-16-2016), fratervapor (02-21-2016), Michael (02-16-2016), Neil Ghostwriter (06-23-2016), paulS (06-23-2016), phlash (06-23-2016), TinWhisker (02-16-2016), Umi (06-23-2016), Xprimentyl (02-16-2016)
Neil Ghostwriter Offline

Likes Given: 1
RE: Is Vaping ‘Cool’?
Hi Nicole,

I enjoyed your post. I think it's all about the person? Someone who is cool anyway will look cool when they vape?
And someone who isn't cool wouldn't look cool in a Ferrari and Raybans...
Guess we can all learn from the old adage--if you got it flaunt it--but if you have to flaunt it--you ain't got it...:-)
Thanks for the post.
23-06-2016 04:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Neil Ghostwriter's post:
Michael (06-23-2016), paulS (06-23-2016)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,965
Raybans for the Ferrari - never - you need Revos or you are not allowed to even sit in it[Image: smile.gif].
23-06-2016 06:00 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
Michael (06-23-2016)
Don Online
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,733
Nah - while I was out with the lepers at the gate of where I work, a Ferrari pulled up and the passenger headed in to the hospital. The driver's shades came from Tesco. (Think the UK equivalent of Target/WalMart)

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
23-06-2016 06:49 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Don's post:
ecignut (06-23-2016), Michael (06-23-2016), Nicole (09-21-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,393
I wish I could afford a Ferrari. I wouldn't buy one, but it would be nice to have enough money to.
23-06-2016 07:09 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
ecignut (06-23-2016)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
I saw a Ferrari at the mall near me recently. Turns out, a few miles away some local rich dudes were doing a charity fundraiser where you could ride with them through a high-speed obstacle course for like twenty bucks. Seems a tad high for a two minute ride, but I still wish I'd heard about it while it was going on, I might have paid it for charity and for the chance to ride in a car I'll probably rarely ever even see again much less ride in. 
23-06-2016 07:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
phlash Offline

Likes Given: 264
  I've only had one person really complain about my vaping, and that was my father-in-law. Most of the time, I try to avoid vaping anywhere that smoking is not allowed, the only time I break that rule is in my car. The other day, the wife and I were suckered into taking him and his new wife, some old skanky whore he met years ago, to his doctors appt. Even after telling him twice that I don't allow cigarette smoking in my brand-new car, he blatantly fires one up in the back seat. My father-in-law is seventy-five years old, and get this, he chain smokes while hooked up to an oxygen tank! I threaten to turn around and take him back home, so he reluctantly puts it out, then immediately starts bitching about my vape, which wasn't even turned on at the time, saying it was choking him out. I was about to lose it right then, when my wife managed to bribe me into finishing the trip. Long story short, we got through it, but when I dropped off the old fart, I told him if he's gonna be like that, don't call me again. My wife didn't care, he's only her step father anyway. She made good on her bribe, she let me buy about 200 bucks worth of vape stuff online, and gave me something else I can't describe in this forum. But I'm still mad.
23-06-2016 08:02 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like phlash's post:
Almost Jaded (06-23-2016), Don (06-23-2016), ecignut (06-23-2016), Michael (06-24-2016), Nicole (09-21-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

That 'something else' is powerful currency, no?

My wife had an uncle that died when he fell asleep smoking while on oxygen and burned down his trailer and himself. I'm guessing that was karma since he was a downright nasty human. Wife beater, worthless bag of mostly water.
23-06-2016 08:04 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like TinWhisker's post:
BOB (06-23-2016), ecignut (06-23-2016), Michael (06-24-2016), phlash (06-23-2016)
ecignut Offline
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,965
(23-06-2016 06:49 PM)Don Wrote:  Nah - while I was out with the lepers at the gate of where I work, a Ferrari pulled up and the passenger headed in to the hospital. The driver's shades came from Tesco. (Think the UK equivalent of Target/WalMart)
This begs the question from paulS - was the Ferrari authentic[Image: smile.gif].
23-06-2016 08:07 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
Michael (06-24-2016), TinWhisker (06-23-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

It was probably a well made clone.
23-06-2016 08:08 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TinWhisker's post:
ecignut (06-23-2016), Michael (06-24-2016)