• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Introduction and questions (newbie)
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,250
RE: Introduction and questions (newbie)
(24-05-2016 05:29 PM)vaporcloud Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 05:16 PM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  I'll be happy to make recommendations, but if all you need is nicotine - have you considered a patch..?
I have considered patches/lozenges/gums but thought vaping might be fun and flavorful - do you recommend against me trying it?  Please be honest

That's a conflicting question. There will still need to be long term studies to fully vet the hobby of vaping and any health issues it really does introduce (if any!!). So no one can say vaping is 100% safe to do. Everything I have ever seen so far points to it being just fine, but that's all going to be subjective to your own personal considerations. So from a health perspective, I have no issues recommending it right now. I really enjoy it and it's quite a satisfying habit for me.

Now, you have never smoked or vaped... That's interesting. You are singularly looking for an enjoyable nicotine delivery system. Vaping is that, for sure. But it's also a commitment. Juice, batteries, coils, and gear do cost money. And the gear requires routine maintenance. It's not like smoking where you light up, puff, discard, and done. You have to fill the tank, clean it, charge the batteries, change the coils, etc. It is worth it to us here but maybe it's too much hassle for you? Don't know.

If patches are boring, gum isn't satisfying, (and smoking is NOT an option), then yes, vape on! It is just overall really fun for me and many others. Just know it's not a pick-up-and-go kind of hobby.
24-05-2016 05:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
vaporcloud Offline

Likes Given: 4
I have also been looking at the differences between dripping and filling up a cart - I have found plenty of sites selling 1.5mb nicotine but they state due to the high VG , they should only be used for dripping -- are there e-liquids at 1.5mg that can just fill a cart?
24-05-2016 05:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
vaporcloud Offline

(24-05-2016 05:54 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 05:29 PM)vaporcloud Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 05:16 PM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  I'll be happy to make recommendations, but if all you need is nicotine - have you considered a patch..?
I have considered patches/lozenges/gums but thought vaping might be fun and flavorful - do you recommend against me trying it?  Please be honest

That's a conflicting question. There will still need to be long term studies to fully vet the hobby of vaping and any health issues it really does introduce (if any!!). So no one can say vaping is 100% safe to do. Everything I have ever seen so far points to it being just fine, but that's all going to be subjective to your own personal considerations. So from a health perspective, I have no issues recommending it right now. I really enjoy it and it's quite a satisfying habit for me.

Now, you have never smoked or vaped... That's interesting. You are singularly looking for an enjoyable nicotine delivery system. Vaping is that, for sure. But it's also a commitment. Juice, batteries, coils, and gear do cost money. And the gear requires routine maintenance. It's not like smoking where you light up, puff, discard, and done. You have to fill the tank, clean it, charge the batteries, change the coils, etc. It is worth it to us here but maybe it's too much hassle for you? Don't know.

If patches are boring, gum isn't satisfying, (and smoking is NOT an option), then yes, vape on! It is just overall really fun for me and many others. Just know it's not a pick-up-and-go kind of hobby.

I don't mind the maintenance, just want to ensure I get the best I can at the beginning so I have the most positive experience I can
24-05-2016 06:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes vaporcloud's post:
TinWhisker (05-24-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Awesome. Then you're going to really enjoy the hobby.

My tip... (Aside from trying stuff out at a local shop)... Start off with 3mg nic juices. That really is a light amount and should be a good starting point. You can always increase it if you want.
24-05-2016 06:01 PM
vaporcloud Offline

(24-05-2016 06:01 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  Awesome. Then you're going to really enjoy the hobby.

My tip... (Aside from trying stuff out at a local shop)... Start off with 3mg nic juices. That really is a light amount and should be a good starting point. You can always increase it if you want.
Although 3mg might seem low to everyone here, I have never tried anything so would prefer to err on the side of a low dose and go up if I feel the desire
24-05-2016 06:03 PM
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Not really. For higher wattage vapers, 3mg is spot on (higher wattages use more juice and is a hotter hit so lowering the nic is generally a must). That's what I use. I think it's a good place to be for you.
24-05-2016 06:09 PM
Whitesoxfan2579 Offline

Likes Given: 197
I started with 6 mg and found that to be too high for me. So, I bought a bottle of 0mg and now do half and half to make 3mg. It seems to be working out fine so will stick with 3 mg bottles when I need more juice.
24-05-2016 06:12 PM
vaporcloud Offline

OK so what I need is:
tank
atomizer (preferably glass and top load?)
replacement coils
can anyone recommend the exact products they would buy?
Like I said if we can keep it $200 and under total
24-05-2016 06:13 PM
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Have to ask a few more questions! How about batteries? Do you want a unit with swappable cells? I only use those. When the batteries are dead, just swap in a charged set and carry on uninterrupted! That requires extra expense up front though- cells, charger... But man it is worth it to me!

Also, how do you plan to vape? There are two ways- Mouth to lung, and direct lung. MTL emulates smoking- tight draw, into the mouth, then pulled into the lungs. DL is like taking a breath to blow out a candle. Draw the vapor directly into the lungs. Both work, but the gear differs greatly between the two styles.
24-05-2016 06:16 PM
vaporcloud Offline

(24-05-2016 06:16 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  Have to ask a few more questions! How about batteries? Do you want a unit with swappable cells? I only use those. When the batteries are dead, just swap in a charged set and carry on uninterrupted! That requires extra expense up front though- cells, charger... But man it is worth it to me!

Also, how do you plan to vape? There are two ways- Mouth to lung, and direct lung. MTL emulates smoking- tight draw, into the mouth, then pulled into the lungs. DL is like taking a breath to blow out a candle. Draw the vapor directly into the lungs. Both work, but the gear differs greatly between the two styles.

WOW so much more to this than I ever thought - having never even tried a cigarette or cigar in my life, I have no idea which way I would use it.  Having replaceable batteries would be the best -- I only plan on vaping sporadically, maybe once a day

PS--thanks for guiding me through this -- I suppose, by the end of this thread, I will actually know what I am buying
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2016 06:20 PM by vaporcloud.)
24-05-2016 06:19 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes vaporcloud's post:
TinWhisker (05-24-2016)