Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interesting New Product from Mistic
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Interesting New Product from Mistic
Here's something that I came across during my sleepless nights of vape-related internet browsing, and it seems pretty cool. 

http://www.cspnet.com/category-news/toba...e-cig-gaps

Spoiler for people who don't want to read the whole article: basically there's a new product by Mistic that's intended to "bridge the gap between ecigs and vaping products" (paraphrase of the quote). 

This is essentially a cigalike battery on steroids, with a refillable atty that's styled like a cigalike. This might bring to mind for some long-time vapers the old carto cigalikes where you had separate pieces for the battery, atomizer, and tank/juice well. 

It's an interesting idea, it seems to be a step up for cigalike users and possibly a good alternative for vapers who want something small and inconspicuous enough to fit in a shirt pocket with your pens at work. I'd be interested in trying one of these, just to see if it's any better than the other cigalikes I've had in the past. I do enjoy the feel of smoking a cigarette, which is one reason why I kept smoking for several months even after I started vaping, so cigalikes are attractive to me for that feel. The problem I've had, though, is that no cigalikes can even compare to even the worst vape pens, much less the setup I have now. This looks like it has the potential of being a cigalike that performs on par with eGos, which would be a very cool thing in my opinion.

So what do you guys think? Is this really going to be a better ecig, or will it fall by the wayside as people continue to smoke or vape what they already have and are used to?
24-11-2014 04:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
RE: Interesting New Product from Mistic
Depends on how much attention it gets and how much backing it gets to get the word out for consumers to try and give results.
24-11-2014 11:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,298
It'll fall by the wayside. Trying to introduce a step between cigalikes and ego's is a pointless and fruitless endeavour IMO, and on top of that.. sporting an ego style battery with a clearo on top is rapidly becoming fashionable and potentially iconic in some circles.

That would need a massively expensive marketing campaign to push it through at this stage of the game, most likely including sponsorship deals with celebrities, so big money.

Let's just say.. I won't be investing Tongue
24-11-2014 02:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
I don't want it to fall by the wayside though... Lol I really want a cigalike that vapes like a RDA, is that so much to ask for?

(the correct answer is "yes" since there will never be a cigalike of that quality)

I agree though, eGo style pens have become a new fashion statement, which I think is awesome since it's drawing attention to Ecigs as an alternative to smoking, though it's also giving the ecig opponents ammunition for more slander, but w/e.
25-11-2014 05:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply