Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Innokin isub, sir lancelot clone
Shelley99 Offline

Likes Given: 3
Innokin isub, sir lancelot clone
Hi,
This is my first post btw

I just recently got a sir lancelot clone from fasttech, and a innokin i sub with .5 ohm coils and was wondering if this is safe or not. Im running with a lghe218650 also, specs say its 20amp pulse and the atty runs within the limits. However innokin say that its not recommend you use the tank with mech mods, and ive checked a couple of reviews and they also say that you shouldn't really use it with a mech. Should i or shouldn't i? Note its a standard 510  connection NOT hybrid...

Thanks, Daley
28-10-2015 08:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
JEFF Offline

Likes Given: 732
RE: Innokin isub, sir lancelot clone
Hello and Welcome to TVF!

Copied from http://www.vaporbeast.com/innokin-isub-tank.html WARNING: This is an advanced user tank that uses a sub-ohm atomizer. This tank is designed to work with mechanical mods and or devices capable of vaping at 20 watts or higher. You are responsible for making sure your mod and batteries are capable of working properly with sub-ohm coils. If you are using an electronic mod, you are also responsible for making sure it can handle the amps required. For mechanical mods, use 30+ amp batteries please. Use the Ohms Law calculator, check your amps and be safe! If you have questions, please feel free to call our customer care team.d from Vapor

Here is the Innokin website for that tank: http://www.innokin.com/product-listings-...product-en  

I hope this helps and again welcome to TVF!
28-10-2015 08:48 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JEFF's post:
Shelley99 (10-28-2015)
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,204
I'll make this brief. I would niot use a tank on a mech mod. Tanks work best with regulated devices. Even with the 510 connector it just will not get you the vape you want.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
28-10-2015 10:08 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
Shelley99 (10-28-2015)
Shelley99 Offline

(28-10-2015 08:48 PM)JEFF Wrote:  Hello and Welcome to TVF!

Copied from http://www.vaporbeast.com/innokin-isub-tank.html WARNING: This is an advanced user tank that uses a sub-ohm atomizer. This tank is designed to work with mechanical mods and or devices capable of vaping at 20 watts or higher. You are responsible for making sure your mod and batteries are capable of working properly with sub-ohm coils. If you are using an electronic mod, you are also responsible for making sure it can handle the amps required. For mechanical mods, use 30+ amp batteries please. Use the Ohms Law calculator, check your amps and be safe! If you have questions, please feel free to call our customer care team.d from Vapor

Here is the Innokin website for that tank: http://www.innokin.com/product-listings-...product-en  

I hope this helps and again welcome to TVF!
Thanks for the response, helped alot :)
28-10-2015 10:37 PM
Shelley99 Offline

(28-10-2015 10:08 PM)paulS Wrote:  I'll make this brief. I would niot use a tank on a mech mod. Tanks work best with regulated devices. Even with the 510 connector it just will not get you the vape you want.
I have used it and the vapes decent with good flavour, and nice vapour production, it was the safety i was more concerned about, i really dont want the battery to start venting on me. Thanks for the response, man :)
28-10-2015 10:40 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,932
Welcome Shelly! Good

From a safety point of view, there's no reason I can see why using this tank on a mech mod would cause any issues whatsoever. Mech usage all round requires a high level of safety awareness and caution.

What you will find however when using a mech, is that the voltage limitation if you're using prebuilt coils could potentially be a hindrance - and there's no turning the power down either if you find the vape too hot or harsh. 

If you are finding the 0.5 ohm coils are giving you a satisfying vape when using a mech, and you have the correct cells (LG HE2's are fine btw as long as they're authentic) then carry on and enjoy your vape using your mech mod.

If you like the form factor of a mech specifically, there are tube style vv/vw electronic mods out there. There's also things like the Aspire CF SUB, which is essentially a single cell mech styled mod, but with some electronic safety features built in.

Drinks
28-10-2015 11:50 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Spasmod's post:
JEFF (10-28-2015), Shelley99 (10-29-2015)
Shelley99 Offline

(28-10-2015 11:50 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  Welcome Shelly! :good:

From a safety point of view, there's no reason I can see why using this tank on a mech mod would cause any issues whatsoever. Mech usage all round requires a high level of safety awareness and caution.

What you will find however when using a mech, is that the voltage limitation if you're using prebuilt coils could potentially be a hindrance - and there's no turning the power down either if you find the vape too hot or harsh. 

If you are finding the 0.5 ohm coils are giving you a satisfying vape when using a mech, and you have the correct cells (LG HE2's are fine btw as long as they're authentic) then carry on and enjoy your vape using your mech mod.

If you like the form factor of a mech specifically, there are tube style vv/vw electronic mods out there. There's also things like the Aspire CF SUB, which is essentially a single cell mech styled mod, but with some electronic safety features built in.

:drinks:
Thanks man, yeah as i said the vape is satisfying. The issue for me was the safety
Your response helped alot :)
29-10-2015 12:05 PM