Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Innokin Cool Fire: Way too hard of a hit
hack27e Offline

Likes Given: 0
Innokin Cool Fire: Way too hard of a hit
I have an Innokin Cool Fire Sub Ohm with SS coils at 50W. The coil is a .5 ohm. Ever since bought it, I often get a VERY harsh hit, but eventually it goes away. It doesn't taste burnt, but it feels like someone is lighting my lungs on fire. I've tried 6mg, 12, 18 and 24. If I let it sit for awhile, it will SOMETIMES act ok for a few hits, but within a few hits, I'll randomly get another harsh hit. It sounds like it isn't getting juice to the coil, but I always put a little on the cotton inside the coil and let it sit for awhile before I vape.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I might just get a dripper and sell this one.

Btw, I do direct lung hits and everything on here is stock.

I can tell a little difference in juice quality, but not much at all. 
25-12-2016 03:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
RE: Innokin Cool Fire: Way too hard of a hit
Nicotine above 6mg is way to high for sub ohm vaping. Try 3mg, which should be enough nic as it goes directly to your lungs.

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
25-12-2016 07:47 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like bibliora's post:
ecignut (12-25-2016), Whiskeywarrior (12-25-2016)
Whiskeywarrior Offline
Resuscitative Planning Administrator
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 338
When I have tried 6mg in subohm it feels like someone jamming a porcupine, ass first down my throat.
25-12-2016 08:54 PM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,898
(25-12-2016 03:49 AM)hack27e Wrote:  I have an Innokin Cool Fire Sub Ohm with SS coils at 50W. The coil is a .5 ohm. Ever since bought it, I often get a VERY harsh hit, but eventually it goes away. It doesn't taste burnt, but it feels like someone is lighting my lungs on fire. I've tried 6mg, 12, 18 and 24. If I let it sit for awhile, it will SOMETIMES act ok for a few hits, but within a few hits, I'll randomly get another harsh hit. It sounds like it isn't getting juice to the coil, but I always put a little on the cotton inside the coil and let it sit for awhile before I vape.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I might just get a dripper and sell this one.

Hi hack - welcome to the forum - if you have tried 24mg nic DTL - I am actually surprised you are still here able to post. Never use more than 6mg nic when you DTL and 3mg is much better. Also 50W for a .5ohm coil is far too high - drop down to 25W and start from there. It also sounds as if your juice is too thick and the coil is not able to absorb it. Never use juice with more than 60% VG with a factory coil and 50/50 would be better. Try these adjustments and see how you get on. Best of luck and let us know the outcome.
25-12-2016 09:07 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
gentlydoingit* (12-26-2016)
hack27e Offline

(25-12-2016 09:07 PM)ecignut Wrote:  
(25-12-2016 03:49 AM)hack27e Wrote:  I have an Innokin Cool Fire Sub Ohm with SS coils at 50W. The coil is a .5 ohm. Ever since bought it, I often get a VERY harsh hit, but eventually it goes away. It doesn't taste burnt, but it feels like someone is lighting my lungs on fire. I've tried 6mg, 12, 18 and 24. If I let it sit for awhile, it will SOMETIMES act ok for a few hits, but within a few hits, I'll randomly get another harsh hit. It sounds like it isn't getting juice to the coil, but I always put a little on the cotton inside the coil and let it sit for awhile before I vape.

Hi hack - welcome to the forum - if you have tried 24mg nic DTL - I am actually surprised you are still here able to post. Never use more than 6mg nic when you DTL and 3mg is much better. Also 50W for a .5ohm coil is far too high - drop down to 25W and start from there. It also sounds as if your juice is too thick and the coil is not able to absorb it. Never use juice with more than 60% VG with a factory coil and 50/50 would be better. Try these adjustments and see how you get on. Best of luck and let us know the outcome.

Once the coil absorbed the juice, I used 24mg for awhile and was ok. Are you talking about the burning sensation it could cause in your throat? I didn't get any of that, just got a bit dizzy at first. I let it sit over night and it seems to be doing ok for right now. I'll get a dry hit every now and then if I chain vape it. I'm assuming that's due to the thickness of the juice I'm using, as it is a 30/70 mix.

Also, the package says that the coil I'm using is rated for 30-60W. It's an iSub SS BVC Coil.
(This post was last modified: 25-12-2016 11:23 PM by hack27e.)
25-12-2016 11:19 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,441
70 30 is quite thick and used at 50w will give you a dry hit after not too long with that coil.
 For an analogy, a bugatti veyron at only 75% power is still going to be pushing the limit if your driving it down a country lane, likewise because a coil says it can take high watts it doesn't say for how long and with what juice/airflow/vaping style etc. 
 Ecignuts advice is spot on as always, pop in a new coil and give it a go, nothing to lose right? Smile

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
26-12-2016 02:37 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gentlydoingit*'s post:
Fatboy (12-26-2016)
hack27e Offline

(26-12-2016 02:37 AM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  70 30 is quite thick and used at 50w will give you a dry hit after not too long with that coil.
 For an analogy, a bugatti veyron at only 75% power is still going to be pushing the limit if your driving it down a country lane, likewise because a coil says it can take high watts it doesn't say for how long and with what juice/airflow/vaping style etc. 
 Ecignuts advice is spot on as always, pop in a new coil and give it a go, nothing to lose right? Smile
Cool, I'll try a 50/50 mix next time. As far as putting in a new coil, I tried 2 different SS coils between yesterday and today, and it only seemed to make a difference if it let it sit overnight.
26-12-2016 04:33 AM