Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ijust2 getting super hot, little smoke and burnt taste.
fredfry22 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Ijust2 getting super hot, little smoke and burnt taste.
I've had my ijust2 for a little over a week and it worked perfectly when I got it. I bought it because I was looking for something inexpensive and supposedly good quality. I did ask them about chain smoking it and the shopkeepers where I was said that it was fine. 

I've now been through about 8 coils and all of them give me this burnt taste after only 3 or 4 3 second puffs, even upon putting a new coil in and primming it. Not only that but my vape just gets super hot after about 5 puffs. My new coils don't even seem to put out the power which they used to. It takes about a full second or so to get a decent response from the battery to the coil, whereas, before, it would've blown smoke instantly.

I'm currently using the aspire 0.3 coils and a 70/30(supposedly) pg juice(6nic). My battery is fully charged and all of the gear is properly in place. I'm sure that vaping it a good amount wasn't good for it, but surely I couldn't have broken it, right? Thanks for any help Smile. I'm just so frustrated after impulse buying tons of coils for almost no reason.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 10:00 AM by fredfry22.)
01-12-2016 09:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,548
RE: Ijust2 getting super hot, little smoke and burnt taste.
Hi FF welcome to the forum. The ijust tank is an Eleaf product and not Aspire. Please check your coils - the Aspire coil will not be compatible with this tank. If they are the Eleaf coils check they are not the EC TC version of this coil. Get back to us with the info. and we will help - best of luck.
01-12-2016 12:06 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
gentlydoingit* (12-01-2016), Michael (12-01-2016)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,265
Hey f
I'm with ecignut, sounds like they're tc alright! It's also possible that the juice is too thick, especially if it's cold where you are or if it's heavily sweetened. It'd be nice to be able to turn it down a bit as ~55w is quite high for a coil of its size, shame it's not an option. 

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
01-12-2016 01:04 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like gentlydoingit*'s post:
ecignut (12-01-2016), Michael (12-01-2016)
fredfry22 Offline

Likes Given: 0
(01-12-2016 01:04 PM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  Hey f
I'm with ecignut, sounds like they're tc alright! It's also possible that the juice is too thick, especially if it's cold where you are or if it's heavily sweetened. It'd be nice to be able to turn it down a bit as ~55w is quite high for a coil of its size, shame it's not an option. 
I'm kind've newer to vaping, so I'm not sure how I'd find out these things for you guys, but it did seem like when I was using a 60vg level juice, I didn't get as much of a burnt taste as I get now. 
01-12-2016 06:34 PM
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,287
Welcome to TVF fred.

Have you tried installing a new coil and started vaping low wattage and working your way up? Maybe try that until you find a happy place. Seems you have done all of the other things we would usually suggest such as making you you primed it properly.

Good luck, I'm confident things will work out.
01-12-2016 10:07 PM