Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ITS A SAD WORLD WE LIVE IN
randm Offline

Likes Given: 19
RE: ITS A SAD WORLD WE LIVE IN
Good post. We need more pro-vapers in the world.
18-03-2015 03:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like randm's post:
Michael (03-18-2015), Spasmod (03-18-2015)
Haze Kraze Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 8
(18-03-2015 11:48 AM)Michael Wrote:  Welcome to the forum Haze Kraze! Smile 
Hey Thanks Smile
16-04-2015 02:23 PM
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,295
This is tonight's post in 51 Facebook groups just thought I'd post it here too
Hi Everybody. This campaign kicks off tomorrow 17th April for seven days please get involved it will only take a little of your time. http://vapers-and-smokers-unite.co.uk/letter.html
[Image: vap%20aid%20pic%202_zpsa1zutzq8.png]

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
16-04-2015 04:14 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Robjenko's post:
BOB (04-16-2015), Michael (04-16-2015)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
I'm concerned about the "vaspers and smokers unite" movement.  I smoked for 20 years.  I respect people's decision to smoke cigarettes - although I will always advocate that they switch.  But chaining ourselves to "smokers rights" is playing right into the anti-vape crowds hands.  We're literally attaching ourselves to a sinking ship - THAT WE ALREADY GOT OFF OF.

My .02...

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
17-04-2015 03:34 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Almost Jaded's post:
JohnnyMac (04-19-2015)
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,354
Correct me if I'm wrong Rob, but the goal here is not necessarily to promote smoker's rights, it's about preventing the bans and regulations being proposed about vaping. Rob called it Vapers and Smokers Unite in hopes of drawing in more participation from both sides, for the sake of protecting people's choice to switch to vaping. If you read the letter I put together on Rob's website, there's nothing in there about smoking. It's a letter asking government officials to research ecigs before passing legislation, and suggesting that ecigs are much less harmful than traditional tobacco products. We're not uniting under one banner to fight for our rights, we're asking smokers to join us in asking the government to find out the truth before they make laws. 
Hope that clears things up for you, there's no need for concern about us tying ourselves to a sinking ship. We're asking people in that ship to join us in our life boat. 
17-04-2015 03:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Robjenko (04-17-2015)
bcfos Offline

Likes Given: 9
Coming from a vendor's side of this I try to get out there and work with the people in the house and senate of my state to try and maintain the best balance between the users and those who see the industry as an easy tax base. I have a few life long friends who took the political route I said i would never take and are in the house in Alabama. I use these connections to give this industry a voice they can understand. Granted Alabama is some 300+ million dollars in the hole with the general fund due to the free spending ways of some politicians over the years and are looking for easy revenue to help fill that void. But the $7.50 a bottle tax they were trying on a 30ml bottle was outrageous! I already have two house reps who are willing to if it is brought up again try and curb it to a basic 10% tax on any nicotine level bottle and the zero % bottles get a pass since they contain zero nicotine. This is more palatable for both vendors and end users and the state gets to pass yet another tax. Another plus is our current governor is a doctor and can relate to the effects of analog cigarettes and the health of citizens. Plus he grew up in my home town and his family and mine have always been close. I gave him and his staff information to study on vaping and lets hope they read it to better grasp the concept that most vendors are in it because it worked for them and really want to help the public. Sure some are in it for the money alone but those shops in my area are well known and avoided like a case of the herpes. If someone comes into my shop wanting to quit but lacks the funds to afford a starter kit and juice I am more than happy to let them pay what they can afford and get on the right path of quitting. Sure it may cost me a few bucks but honestly we all pay taxes and if they can't afford to get started in vaping we will all pony up in our taxes to pay their medical costs if they are one of the oh so many who get health issues due to their smoking. 
17-04-2015 06:44 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes bcfos's post:
Michael (04-17-2015)
Michael Offline

Bcfos is your shop located in Alabama? I thought I had visited all the shops in AL. 
17-04-2015 08:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,295
(17-04-2015 03:34 AM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  I'm concerned about the "vaspers and smokers unite" movement.  I smoked for 20 years.  I respect people's decision to smoke cigarettes - although I will always advocate that they switch.  But chaining ourselves to "smokers rights" is playing right into the anti-vape crowds hands.  We're literally attaching ourselves to a sinking ship - THAT WE ALREADY GOT OFF OF.

My .02...

PLEASE READ THE SITE. then you will understand what the aim is. I've had enough flak from the Facebook groups about the title so I'd rather not visit my favourite forum and get the same.. I'm sorry if this sounds rude but your post pissed me off......

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
17-04-2015 11:21 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robjenko's post:
Michael (04-17-2015)
bcfos Offline

Likes Given: 9
(17-04-2015 08:10 AM)Michael Wrote:  Bcfos is your shop located in Alabama? I thought I had visited all the shops in AL. 
Yes it is as of March 27 when I opened it. 
17-04-2015 02:02 PM
Michael Offline

(17-04-2015 02:02 PM)bcfos Wrote:  
(17-04-2015 08:10 AM)Michael Wrote:  Bcfos is your shop located in Alabama? I thought I had visited all the shops in AL. 
Yes it is as of March 27 when I opened it. 

Ah ok that explains it, I haven't been to AL since about January. Would you send me a PM with your shop's name and address? I'll look you up next time I'm in the area. 
17-04-2015 03:26 PM