Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
INTRODUCTION
giki Offline

Likes Given: 1
INTRODUCTION
I have been vaping for about 3 and a half years.  I started with the e cigs that looked like and tasted like cigarettes.  I use aspire bottom coil tanks, and have tried several of what I call batteries.  I am hoping this site will give me information on using different batteries.  I currently use Eleaf minis but they don't last very long.  
24-12-2016 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: INTRODUCTION
Welcome to the forum! 

We've got a lot of resources in the FAQ section that you might find useful. And of course if you have any questions you can always ask Smile

When you're calling them "batteries" you're actually referring to what we call "mods." The ELeaf Mini is a decent mod, but there's definitely a lot of room for upgrading. ELeaf makes mods that can go up to 200W now, and those high-power mods are great even at lower power since they have larger batteries that will hold the charge much longer. My recommendation to you would be to get a mod that uses 18650 cells rather than a built in battery, so you can swap out the 18650s when it needs charged. 
24-12-2016 04:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Robjenko Online
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 1,678
Hi giki. Welcome to TVF

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
24-12-2016 04:20 PM
giki Offline

(24-12-2016 04:08 PM)Michael Wrote:  Welcome to the forum! 

We've got a lot of resources in the FAQ section that you might find useful. And of course if you have any questions you can always ask Smile

When you're calling them "batteries" you're actually referring to what we call "mods." The ELeaf Mini is a decent mod, but there's definitely a lot of room for upgrading. ELeaf makes mods that can go up to 200W now, and those high-power mods are great even at lower power since they have larger batteries that will hold the charge much longer. My recommendation to you would be to get a mod that uses 18650 cells rather than a built in battery, so you can swap out the 18650s when it needs charged. 
Thank you Michael!  I would really like a mod that uses those cells so I can replace them.  That would be awesome.  I have read your other posts and you seem to have a lot of knowledge.  Can you recommend a mod that I can use with my Aspire tanks?  I would really appreciate it!
24-12-2016 04:33 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes giki's post:
Michael (12-24-2016)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Thanks for the compliment, to be honest I've learned most of what I know from other people here on the forum Tongue

First off, which Aspire tank(s) are you using? The side of the tank should say which one it is, some of their tanks include the Triton, Atlantis, Nautilus, Cleito, and a few more I can't remember off the top of my head. Or if you can't find the name, you can Click here to view a Google Image search for Aspire tanks and just let us know which one it looks like. Knowing what tank you're using will help with figuring out how much power you need in a mod.

Honestly, there are a lot of really great mods out there, enough that it's hard to say "here's a list of the best ones to choose from." So instead, I'll offer a few of my favorites, and you can of course look up other mods and ask here if you find one you like and want to know what people think of it.

Some of the mods I recommend:
  • UD Balrog
  • Sigelei-100W (or 150W, basically the same mod with more power) 
  • iPV8 (I don't own this one, but I've heard it's very good) 
  • ELeaf iStick 100TC
  • Wismec RX200S (I have an RX200, the "S" version is just a bit nicer) 
Those are just a few of the good ones, but there are many many more to choose from. The best way to do it would be to look on FastTech or VaporDNA and see if any mods on there strike your fancy, then ask here on the forum what people think of it.

Since you're wanting better battery life, your best option would be a 2-cell mod or bigger. That just means it takes two 18650 cells. The Balrog is a single cell mod, which makes it a bit easier to use since you only have one cell to worry about and can easily change it out. The Sigelei, iPV8, and iStick 100 all take two cells, which gives you better battery life and allows you to use higher wattage, but it's also a bit annoying to have to deal with multiple cells for safety reasons. Basically, any mod that uses multiple cells, you have to "marry" them, meaning they are only used and charged together, never used separately or "mix-and-matched" since this can cause the cells to get unbalanced, which is not good. The Wismec has the same problem, since it's a 3-cell mod so you have to be even more careful to keep them matched up in use and when charging. And I know I have a tendency to talk a lot and use technical terms so if any of that doesn't make sense then by all means, ask for clarification.
24-12-2016 05:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Michael's post:
Fatboy (12-25-2016), gentlydoingit* (12-24-2016), giki (12-24-2016)
giki Offline

(24-12-2016 05:28 PM)Michael Wrote:  Thanks for the compliment, to be honest I've learned most of what I know from other people here on the forum Tongue

First off, which Aspire tank(s) are you using? The side of the tank should say which one it is, some of their tanks include the Triton, Atlantis, Nautilus, Cleito, and a few more I can't remember off the top of my head. Or if you can't find the name, you can Click here to view a Google Image search for Aspire tanks and just let us know which one it looks like. Knowing what tank you're using will help with figuring out how much power you need in a mod.

Honestly, there are a lot of really great mods out there, enough that it's hard to say "here's a list of the best ones to choose from." So instead, I'll offer a few of my favorites, and you can of course look up other mods and ask here if you find one you like and want to know what people think of it.

Some of the mods I recommend:
  • UD Balrog
  • Sigelei-100W (or 150W, basically the same mod with more power) 
  • iPV8 (I don't own this one, but I've heard it's very good) 
  • ELeaf iStick 100TC
  • Wismec RX200S (I have an RX200, the "S" version is just a bit nicer) 
Those are just a few of the good ones, but there are many many more to choose from. The best way to do it would be to look on FastTech or VaporDNA and see if any mods on there strike your fancy, then ask here on the forum what people think of it.

Since you're wanting better battery life, your best option would be a 2-cell mod or bigger. That just means it takes two 18650 cells. The Balrog is a single cell mod, which makes it a bit easier to use since you only have one cell to worry about and can easily change it out. The Sigelei, iPV8, and iStick 100 all take two cells, which gives you better battery life and allows you to use higher wattage, but it's also a bit annoying to have to deal with multiple cells for safety reasons. Basically, any mod that uses multiple cells, you have to "marry" them, meaning they are only used and charged together, never used separately or "mix-and-matched" since this can cause the cells to get unbalanced, which is not good. The Wismec has the same problem, since it's a 3-cell mod so you have to be even more careful to keep them matched up in use and when charging. And I know I have a tendency to talk a lot and use technical terms so if any of that doesn't make sense then by all means, ask for clarification.
I use the Aspire BCD CE5 clearomizer.  I use 3 at a time so I can have 3 different flavors.  I have had issues with leaking especially with the o rings.  I am going to look for the mods you have suggested.  The eleaf mini came with an adapter so I can use the 510 thread on my tanks.  
24-12-2016 05:55 PM
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Oh ok. I've never used that one, but it looks very similar to the Kanger ProTank 3 Mini, which I used to use all the time. You'd be a lot happier with the Aspire Nautilus using BVC coils, in my opinion. It's a great tank with fantastic flavor, and I've never heard of one leaking, including the one I use. So the Nautilus is my best recommendation based on the tanks you already use. 

HOWEVER, there are other great options out there besides the Nautilus. For example, the Balrog I mentioned earlier comes with a pretty good tank, and the nice thing about that tank is that it can also use sub-ohm coils and tc coils so you can try out different styles of vaping. 
24-12-2016 08:25 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
ecignut (12-26-2016)
bibliora Offline
Person of Interest
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 3,001
Welcome to the forum Giki. A great place to ask questions. Here are some indepth articles from the FAQ Section.
... Which batteries should I use?
... What Gear Should I Get?
... Where should I set my VV/VW mod?

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
25-12-2016 01:18 AM
Fatboy Online
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,131
Welcome to TVF Giki.

There are many choices in mods, really depends on your budget and preference. I'm not certain but I don't believe your Aspire BCD CE5s will work on all mods...I know it will on some.....I used the Nautilus mini on mostly the pen type units and even on the eLeaf mini but it wouldn't work on some of my mods like the Sigelei 150 or XCUBE PRO...
25-12-2016 03:32 AM
paulS Offline
Toodle Club Billet Box Squonk Boy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 1,955
I have an old Aspire Atlantis tank with the nice cage to protect the glass. I like it because there are a slew of coils for it. I'm currently using eleaf melo .3 coils with it on a Slice mod. It's not the cheapest set up out there but it is efficient, reliable and accurate. I would look at small DNAs too - VT nano as an example, or small Yihi mods - SBodys . But really the best mod out there is the 26650 HohmWrecker Slice. Not too expensive and maybe the best chip set out there. It does have a learning curve BUT if you get one I will help you set it up. You actually set it up in 'xxx' mode and TC kanthal. Yes, TC kanthal. You read that right. Around 420 F, 30 watts, 3.5% - 5.5 % FSK. Works a charm. For SS you raise your FSK to 6.5% or so.

I have mentioned the FSK chip on this forum a few times but the guys here just don;t know the chip set at all. It is amazing. I gave my G2 to Fatboy - who has yet to really use it correctly, lol, because it is a bit bulky. The Slice is smaller and just perfect - especially at the above settings. Will last all day. It is consistent as you can get. No pulsing at all. Unfortunately it does not squonk ... nothing is perfect.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
25-12-2016 04:00 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like paulS's post:
Fatboy (12-25-2016), Michael (12-25-2016)