Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IJOY Solo V2 Features Multiple TC & Innovative Taste Control
heavengifts Offline
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendors

Likes Given: 20
IJOY Solo V2 Features Multiple TC & Innovative Taste Control
Hey guys, IJOY just release a new starter kit, called as Solo V2 Kit, which includes a Solo V2 box mod and a Limitless sub ohm tank. With 5 fashionable colors, unique design and cool appearance, this kit will definitely catch your eye. 

Powered by dual 18650 batteries,  it can fire up to 200w. With built-in IWEPAL chip, the Solo V2 box mod supports temperature control for Ni, Ti and SS coils as well as TCR mode and taste control mode. It also comes with a super large and clear OLED display with rotation function for easy and convenient visibility. The sliding down battery door design makes battery swapping much easier. And you can also update the firmware of this mod via the micro USB port. The Limitless sub ohm tank features a 2ml e-juice capacity and the direct to coil airflow design on the bottom that will ensure you to taste superior flavor of your e-juice. If you are looking for a versatile & powerful TC kit, this combo would be worth a try.

[Image: BOd1bqj.jpg]

Features:
Ni/Ti/SS temperature control
Innovative taste control
TCR mode
200W output power
Firmware Upgradeable
Cool GUI
Sliding down battery door
Spring loaded 510 connector
High quality stainless steel and glass construction

Learn more about IJOY Solo V2 at https://www.heavengifts.com/product/IJOY...-200W.html

Using our Christmas special code "XMAS30", you can enjoy a 30% off huge discount.

Heaven Gifts, World NO.1 E-CIG B2B Supplier Since 2007! Make Vape Trade Easy. 
14-12-2016 08:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Offline
I Vape, Therefore I Squonk
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 13,681
RE: IJOY Solo V2 Features Multiple TC & Innovative Taste Control
I have a question for the veterans. It is not directed at heavengifts; this thread simply prompted a question.

How do we know, how can we tell, when something truly innovative is released? There's always such fanfare and noise whenever any product is released. For example, this one above. It boasts "Innovative taste control". How do we vapers know the difference between clever marketing and a true innovation?

I personally don't want to a.) waste money on something that is just like everything else, or b.) miss out on something great because I can't tell what new and great really is.
14-12-2016 04:20 PM
Don29palms Offline

Likes Given: 46
WTF is innovative taste control? 
14-12-2016 04:37 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Don29palms's post:
gentlydoingit* (12-17-2016), TinWhisker (12-14-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
Senior Staff

OK, so you just said what I said much more efficiently.
14-12-2016 04:46 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
Fatboy (12-14-2016)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
Looking up reviews and descriptions of the tank, it looks like the "innovation" is that the coil lights up when you fire it. 
I'm not kidding. There's literally a light in the coil. Two horizontal coils, honestly they don't look like anything special. 2ml capacity makes it TPD compliant. The mod looks really nice, but I just don't see the appeal of that particular tank. 

Edit: just to get at TW's original question, I'd say innovation happens when something is creative and affects the vape in a positive way. A lot of people throw around the word "innovative" because it's appealing for sales reasons, but the truly innovative stuff is what changes the vaping world. A few years ago, the big innovation was sub-ohm tanks which totally changed the way most people vape. Then the next innovation was high wattage regulated mods to accommodate those sub-ohm tanks. Then the RTA revolution when RTAs started getting much easier to build and better. Then came the RDTAs like the Limitless, Avocado, etc. I think those kind of things, the totally different and drastic improvements, those are the innovations. 
14-12-2016 04:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Michael's post:
bibliora (12-14-2016), Fatboy (12-14-2016), TinWhisker (12-14-2016)
Atavar Offline

Likes Given: 0
(14-12-2016 04:20 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  I have a question for the veterans. It is not directed at heavengifts; this thread simply prompted a question.

How do we know, how can we tell, when something truly innovative is released? There's always such fanfare and noise whenever any product is released. For example, this one above. It boasts "Innovative taste control". How do we vapers know the difference between clever marketing and a true innovation?

I personally don't want to a.) waste money on something that is just like everything else, or b.) miss out on something great because I can't tell what new and great really is.
I agree, either explain what "Innovative taste control" is or it means nothing.  Tell us what this feature is and how it works. 
14-12-2016 04:56 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atavar's post:
TinWhisker (12-14-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
Senior Staff

(14-12-2016 04:53 PM)Michael Wrote:  Looking up reviews and descriptions of the tank, it looks like the "innovation" is that the coil lights up when you fire it. 
I'm not kidding. There's literally a light in the coil. Two horizontal coils, honestly they don't look like anything special. 2ml capacity makes it TPD compliant. The mod looks really nice, but I just don't see the appeal of that particular tank. 

Edit: just to get at TW's original question, I'd say innovation happens when something is creative and affects the vape in a positive way. A lot of people throw around the word "innovative" because it's appealing for sales reasons, but the truly innovative stuff is what changes the vaping world. A few years ago, the big innovation was sub-ohm tanks which totally changed the way most people vape. Then the next innovation was high wattage regulated mods to accommodate those sub-ohm tanks. Then the RTA revolution when RTAs started getting much easier to build and better. Then came the RDTAs like the Limitless, Avocado, etc. I think those kind of things, the totally different and drastic improvements, those are the innovations. 

That's just it. You look at the product and have to try to figure out what if anything makes it special. You conclude it is likely a gimmick. And it may well be.

But how do we actually know, other than by getting a full explanation and even trying it out? Kind of a bummer because it's hard to know what is really special. I guess that's a byproduct of still being in the wild west days with vaping.
14-12-2016 05:00 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TinWhisker's post:
Fatboy (12-14-2016), Michael (12-14-2016)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,808
(14-12-2016 04:20 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  I have a question for the veterans. It is not directed at heavengifts; this thread simply prompted a question.

Hi TW - It means the taste is controlled in an innovative way - it is a new way of controlling the taste - innovation of the control of taste is new therefore it is an innovation that is new to the tasting of juice - that the flavour is exactly the bloody same as it was before is quite immaterial.[Image: tongue.gif]
14-12-2016 05:02 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
Michael (12-14-2016), TinWhisker (12-14-2016)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 9,254
It's the same in all selling stuff.

Real innovations often don't sell well. I remember some optics like that in the days I sold cameras.

All of the staff bought one of these lenses (very compact 500mm mirror lenses with a decent aperture) but we never sold one more of those after leaning on the boss for ages to order a lot of them.

It is far easier with hindsight to decide what is and is not innovative.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
14-12-2016 05:03 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Don's post:
ecignut (12-14-2016), Fatboy (12-14-2016), Michael (12-14-2016)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
That's a good point, Don, much easier to look back and say "that was innovative" than to declare it when the thing is brand new. 

Of course, some innovations are smaller than the ones I mentioned in my first reply, I was just painting the broad strokes. But I'd call the Velocity RDA innovative for it's two-post design, and I'd call the Phenotype-L and Double Vision innovative for their improvements on that design, and series mech mods were an innovation from simple tube mechs, and the list goes on, but basically I see innovation as being any big changes that drastically change how you vape. Even different kinds of coils could be called innovative: remember the first time you used twisted coils? Or claptons? They're such a huge step up from normal coils that they're revolutionary. 
14-12-2016 05:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
ecignut (12-14-2016), Fatboy (12-14-2016)