Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need help with my RIG v2
Queenzombiie Offline

Likes Given: 0
I need help with my RIG v2
So i just bought a rig v2 red and black skull camo and i am planning on buying the matching roighneck rda for it soon.. but fir right now i have a hellboy, a zephyrus v2, a arctic tank and a lush... my question is... would i be able to use my arctic tank on my rig withought dying or having a hand blown off???

Please keep in mind im still a noob and im not much of an expert on rdas and mods... ive attached the arctic tank onto the rig but havennot placed a battery in it for fear of death lol (over reaction)
05-02-2016 04:12 AM
Find all posts by this user
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: I need help with my RIG v2
You can use the Arctic on a mechanical mod if you want. Personally, I prefer to use tanks on regulated mods and only use RDAs on mech mods like your Rig, because tanks have smaller coils than RDAs and are a little weaker so it's good to be able to adjust the settings if you need to. But the Arctic is a high power tank anyway and works well at around 4V, so it should be fine. I say "should" just because it could cause your coils to go bad sooner than they would on a regulated mod. I've used my Arctic on a mech mod before, and there's no reason it should blow your hand or face off, since it's made to handle high power, but it likely won't perform as well as it's intended. 
05-02-2016 06:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
GKelly Offline

NO!  DO NOT use your Arctic on the Rig V2!  The V2 is a hybrid mechanical mod and can not handle flush 510 connections. You will put yourself at serious risk and possibly turn your mod into a pipe bomb. I joined this forum just to reply to this thread I found while searching for something else. That is how much you should not do this. If the 510 connection is not protruding or is unstable on an atomizer, DO NOT use it on the Rig V2. With that said, the Rig V2 is an incredibly safe and solid piece of gear if used properly. Do some research on hybrid mechanical mods and vape safe. 
18-03-2016 07:00 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes GKelly's post:
gentlydoingit* (03-18-2016)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,343
Rig v2 is indeed hybrid. 

But if you have an clone without the thread or a hybrid to 510 top cap it'll work. 

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
18-03-2016 08:41 AM
GKelly Offline

The OP isn't using a clone and it's bad practice to promote that garbage. A hybrid to 510 would be for using something like the roughneck v2 on a non hybrid mod. If you mean a HEAT SINK, yes, you could theoretically mount a sub ohm tank on a hybrid mech mod, but that's also ill advised for obvious reasons. 
18-03-2016 08:48 AM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

I assume you know the op or their mod? I wouldn't know from their post that it's genuine but I'll take your word for it.

I was referring to Mike about one of these,

[Image: 1958300-2_zpsq0vquhmu.jpg]

I believe the high quality clones come with them when purchased without the atty.

18-03-2016 10:04 AM
GKelly Offline

That's an adapter for 510 connections TO hybrid, not hybrid to 510. Two completely different things. It WILL NOT make a flat 510 connection safe. Don't put sub ohm tanks on a hybrid tube. That's really not the kind of vaping they're intended for.  You will eventually short the battery.
18-03-2016 04:07 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Completely agree, looking to see the 510+ pin of the atty pertrudes is paramount, unsafe to use in hybrid if it doesn't. 
Those top caps are on several types of mod, stingray and 4nine to name a few, when used correctly are perfectly safe. 

Confused

18-03-2016 05:57 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
I started this by accident, sorry... I didn't realize the Rig was a hybrid, and honestly I don't understand how a hybrid mod could even be used with a 510... The only hybrid I've ever owned is a Nemesis, which worked by having a completely different threading to fit the 3D RDA, there was no way to put the hybrid 3D on anything other than the Nemesis and no way to put any other RDA on the Nemesis as a hybrid, it had a separate ring to screw on which turned it into a normal mech mod with a positive pin that connected to the 510 of any 510 RDA. So chalk this one up to my own ignorance on the matter, I still don't understand how a 510 rank or RDA could be used as a hybrid since the only ones I've seen have been mods that are specifically made to by hybrids with specific RDAs and nothing else. So since I didn't know any better, my assumption was that if it would fit on the mod, it must be a 510 mod so it'd be fine. Again, sorry for being a dolt. Hope the OP didn't blow her face off, she hasn't been on the forum since posting that so I doubt she'll see your ranting.
18-03-2016 06:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
GKelly Offline

This was more for anyone who stumbled upon this thread while searching for information. There's always the possibility someone might see this and think "oh, I'm fine," then get into a horrible situation.  Then the pushback I got just made my jaw hit the floor. Everything I posted is easily searchable.  I think this topic is closed. 
18-03-2016 06:38 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes GKelly's post:
KingJohn (03-18-2016)
Thread Closed