Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need a little education/help!
darlantin Offline

Likes Given: 0
I need a little education/help!
So i have been vaping for about a year, but haven't really made it a hobby. It was a way to quit smoking for me, so ive been using the Vamo V5 and the G50 pyrex tank. Decent setup for me as a beginner, but now im looking to upgrade. I'm still happy with my V5(or rather, I don't want to purchase a new mod anytime soon) but ive been wanting to upgrade my tank. The Aerotank Turbo caught my eye.

So after some reading about it, i'm curious will it work with my V5? I read that it may not have enough power to heat up the dual coils? Also if it was powerful enough, would it drain the battery twice as fast? Atm my battery lasts most of the day? 

Any advice or information would be really appreciated guys!
30-05-2015 03:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Robjenko Online
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,171
RE: I need a little education/help!
Hi darlantin Welcome to TVF .. I've not used the Vamo V5 so cant advise just thought I'd be the first to welcome you to the forum, I'm sure someone will be along shortly with some knowledge/experience of your proposed setup..

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
30-05-2015 06:32 AM
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,347
Hi and welcome darlantin!

In general, Vamos will not work with resistances below around 1.1 ohms. That, and the 15W available from the Vamo might make it a poor idea with many modern tanks.

That said, it seems that the Aerotank Turbo comes with 1.8 ohm coils so ought to be fine. I'm not sure how much power that tank needs as opposed to how much it can handle. Watts are watts, so at the same power level the battery life should be the same.

I'd strongly recommend trying it with your mod if you can find somewhere that will let you do that. Hopefully some vape shop near you has one they use for demonstration.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
30-05-2015 07:26 AM
cloudmaker Offline

Likes Given: 1
Hello Darlantin, I am one of those that did turn it into a hobby. With the vape industry being similar to the computer industry, in that there is a new mod or version every 2 wks, I would strongly recommend looking into an istick 30w with a kanger subtank or even the aspire Nautilus tank. smaller then your v5 longer battery life, great flavor and vapor production. it is one of my all day vapes. Internal battery and it is a pass thru.
31-05-2015 06:50 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes cloudmaker's post:
Almost Jaded (06-01-2015)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
What Cloud said.

If you MUST keep your Vamo, look at an eLeaf iJust tank or things similar.  They're a nice in-between with the small tanks and the supertanks.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 09:07 AM by Almost Jaded.)
01-06-2015 09:06 AM