Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm choking to death!
ecignut Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,289
RE: I'm choking to death!
This terminology ''starter kit'' is becoming a serious issue. Vape Shops are encouraging it because these kits have a good profit margin - in my limited experience with people just starting to vape it has been the biggest turn-off of all and people just say vaping is not for them - it is a real shame. Most people who are trying to stop smoking want something similar to a cigarette - draw wise, vapour wise and these kits are as far away from that as you can get. Rant over[Image: smile.gif].
08-07-2018 06:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like ecignut's post:
Fatboy (07-08-2018), hummbug (07-14-2018), Raymcconn (07-09-2018), TinWhisker (07-09-2018)
Squiffler Offline
Toodle Club Member

Likes Given: 0
(08-07-2018 06:11 PM)ecignut Wrote:  This terminology ''starter kit'' is becoming a serious issue. Vape Shops are encouraging it because these kits have a good profit margin - in my limited experience with people just starting to vape it has been the biggest turn-off of all and people just say vaping is not for them - it is a real shame. Most people who are trying to stop smoking want something similar to a cigarette - draw wise, vapour wise and these kits are as far away from that as you can get. Rant over[Image: smile.gif].

That ^^^^^.  All of that.  Vape shop staff who are selling "a product" rather than understanding what someone who wants to give up cigarettes/smoking needs.

I just hope that shops selling these what I call hobbyist sub ohm cloud devices (not knocking them by the way but for the purposes of someone transitioning from cigs to vaping they are not the right kit) don't give vaping as a nicotine replacement tool a bad reputation.

MisterTom, I've also experienced the lung-scald and coughing of a sub-ohm device when I was modernising my kit.  This was AFTER I'd had a discussion with the staff about wanting to replicate the tight draw and throat hit of a cigarette.  Had that been my first experience of vaping I would still be smoking now.  After I'd finished coughing I asked them if they thought that device replicated the sensation of smoking a cigarette.  It was then that the guy said he'd never smoked and wouldn't know Angry
08-07-2018 09:18 PM
MajorTom Offline

Likes Given: 1
(08-07-2018 03:01 PM)paulS Wrote:  Keep that mod. In a few months you might find you like it (after your lungs clear and you get used to vaping). IIt is better than buying a faulty device which many of us have experienced. Trust me - one day you will return to it.

Oh I plan on it. You never know if different, lower nicotine juice is better in it. 
08-07-2018 10:33 PM
MajorTom Offline

Likes Given: 1
(08-07-2018 01:56 PM)Fatboy Wrote:  MajorTom, we have all made (some of us still do) make online purchases and then realize the reviews were bogus or that it didn't meet the hype or our expectations.

I know you're in southern FL, when I was in central FL last October I met some really cool guys who were very helpful when my travel primary mod I had taken with me failed... they are in Four Corners FL 8546-8548 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (US192)  @ Gate West Flea Market. I'll see if I can find the company name for you.....

EDIT: it's called 419 Smoke Shop facebook
Actually that's 50 miles west of me and I get over to the area often enough when I'm out hunting werewolves. Nice to know there's Vapeirs there Sarcastic_hand
12-07-2018 12:29 AM
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,074
(12-07-2018 12:29 AM)MajorTom Wrote:  
(08-07-2018 01:56 PM)Fatboy Wrote:  MajorTom, we have all made (some of us still do) make online purchases and then realize the reviews were bogus or that it didn't meet the hype or our expectations.

I know you're in southern FL, when I was in central FL last October I met some really cool guys who were very helpful when my travel primary mod I had taken with me failed... they are in Four Corners FL 8546-8548 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (US192)  @ Gate West Flea Market. I'll see if I can find the company name for you.....

EDIT: it's called 419 Smoke Shop facebook
Actually that's 50 miles west of me and I get over to the area often enough when I'm out hunting werewolves. Nice to know there's Vapeirs there Sarcastic_hand

You can't miss them - they are right at the front entrance... after getting your vape gear, right next door is Brunos Restaurant - the bruschetta pizza is amazing for the drive home! Smile
12-07-2018 01:12 AM