I'm calling BS on this one...
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
I'm calling BS on this one...
http://www.thevalleygazette.com/16850/da...to-minors/

I found this article through Mt. Baker Vapor, and they worded it perfectly:

"I thought we had moved past the whole "ban flavors" campaign. I guess not."

...and while we're on the topic, if anyone wants to get depressed thinking about the sad state of bias and misinformation among the people who want to regulate ecigs more, or if you just really want to be pissed off at someone and don't know who you should be pissed off at, check this one out. It has a video narrated by a man with a beautiful British accent, and contains absolutely zero facts at all. BONUS ROUND: tons of links to the FDA and other extremely biased sources telling you that "we have no idea what's in ecigs, so they must be terrible."

http://www.riskscience.umich.edu/low-vaping-health/

I'd just like to take this moment to point out something that should be blatantly obvious: these people don't know what's in ecigs because they don't read the ingredient labels. Seriously, it's all RIGHT THERE. Example: the juice I'm vaping right this very minute contains VG, PG, flavoring, and nicotine. Plus there have been several studies already concerning the possible other components of eliquid, and they all say the same thing: the only thing that's in ejuice that could possibly be considered dangerous is nicotine, and even that has come into question in light of certain recent studies which suggest that nicotine by itself can actually be beneficial, not harmful, and that it isn't nearly as addictive as people think.

I'm gonna end this little rant right now before I get too involved, but let me know if you guys have any thoughts on this.
(This post was last modified: 24-11-2014 05:07 AM by Michael.)
24-11-2014 04:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
18sixfifty (11-25-2014), JohnnyMac (11-25-2014)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
RE: I'm calling BS on this one...
This is the comment I posted.

18sixfifty / Reply November 24, 2014 at 8:23 pm
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Regulation is a solution in search of a problem and nothing more. The fact is that despite numerous attempts to bash e-cigs they have not been found to be harmful. What has been found and no the jury isn’t still out, is that they do in fact help people stop smoking. So are they a problem? Nope they are a solution! So instead of treating them as a problem and looking for a solution why not treat them as the solution to a major problem?
People will ask, why not regulate? Well because there is no problem and regulations will add costs and make it more difficult for people to make the switch to a healthy alternative to cigs. Yes they are healthy. How do I know? Because they have helped my health. From two packs of cancer sticks a day to ZERO smoking. Tell me that isn’t healthy. Also none of the studies have shown anything that isn’t healthy about them. The flavorings and the liquid used have all been tested and found safe. Is nicotine a toxin? Sure just as caffeine is. Given a high enough dose they can kill you. Can you OD from an e-cig? Nope you can’t. And recent studies have not shown that nicotine on it’s own is addictive or dangerous in the doses that you get from e-cigs.
No we don’t need regulations, there is no problem here, only a solution!

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
25-11-2014 01:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like 18sixfifty's post:
BOB (11-25-2014), Don (11-25-2014), JohnnyMac (11-25-2014), Michael (11-25-2014), Spasmod (11-25-2014)