Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I cant vape inside where I work!
NeutralNinja Offline

Likes Given: 10
RE: I cant vape inside where I work!
I can understand why most places won't allow it due to the massive clouds and that is understandable. But in an enclosed area where the vapor builds up, those who do not smoke can still breathe in vapor containing nicotine, which can be bad around children.
13-07-2015 08:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
(13-07-2015 08:18 PM)NeutralNinja Wrote:  I can understand why most places won't allow it due to the massive clouds and that is understandable. But in an enclosed area where the vapor builds up, those who do not smoke can still breathe in vapor containing nicotine, which can be bad around children.

I'm not sure how much nicotine is actually left in the air, I've seen various studies and most say that there is nearly zero chance of anyone nearby getting any nicotine at all. That said, I still wouldn't vape around kids, same as I wouldn't drink alcohol around kids. It may be just fine for me to choose to drink from time to time as long as I do it responsibly, but kids imitate what they see, and I don't want my decision to affect someone's kid. And even though recent studies have been exploring the idea that nicotine might not be dangerous, it's still the kind of thing that I wouldn't want my kids to do. In my opinion, vaping is good for ex-smokers, and I wouldn't promote it to anyone who doesn't smoke. 
13-07-2015 08:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
NeutralNinja (07-13-2015)
NeutralNinja Offline

I am not sure on the whole amount of nicotine left in the exhaled vapor, but if you watch rip trippers video on YouTube called vaping in public he explains that he and some friends were vaping and he had gotten nauseous from all of the vapor in the room. Which would be more like having a non-ventilated room full of vapor compared to a very airy room with lots of airflow.
(This post was last modified: 13-07-2015 10:19 PM by NeutralNinja.)
13-07-2015 09:15 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes NeutralNinja's post:
Michael (07-14-2015)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Ah ok, I had not seen that. Doesn't make a ton of difference though, still need to be respectful of others either way Smile 
14-07-2015 02:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
NeutralNinja (07-14-2015)
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,183
Just a hypothetical scenario .. If they allowed you to vape inside it may encourage the smokers where you work to switch to vaping which would be good for their health. So they should allow vaping because it would be in the interest of public health.... Many premature deaths avoided Problem solved .... If only Scratch_one-s_head

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
14-07-2015 04:36 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Robjenko's post:
Michael (07-14-2015), NeutralNinja (07-14-2015)
NeutralNinja Offline

I agree with you completely, but too many people are skeptical and see the work people put into rda's and don't want to bother with it. Plus with all the slander of whats in the juices they don't want to try it.
14-07-2015 10:59 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

I agree with you completely. Education is really the biggest obstacle in the Vaping advocacy battle. We need to get the word out that vaping can save lives, I know I tell any of my friends who smoke, and just let them know that everything in e-liquid has been FDA approved, and you don't have to build your own coils to get a good vape, especially now that we have all these super tanks available. It's a whole new world for vapers than it was even just a year or two ago, and getting better all the time. 
14-07-2015 12:41 PM
NeutralNinja (07-14-2015)
stickle Offline

Likes Given: 29
If I feel like vaping then I will vape. I don't give a flying fuck about what anyone else says or thinks.     I have vaped in numerous restarants, in hospital and on the plane, if people don't like it tough titty.    
07-08-2015 10:33 PM
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,355
Turns out my preferred choice of atty and mod does not set off the (optical) smoke detectors at work. The person I share an office with is rabidly anti-vaping as they believe it is worse than burnt tobacco. Which shows how far the Big Pharma/Big Tobacco/idiot Scottish Government have gone. However said person is also a dedicated and industrious avoider of work so isn't around a lot.

The customers like the "vanilla air freshener". Without it, my office has a distressing tendency to smell of socks that have been worn for far too long.

The political stuff at work gets interesting - I work with two folks who think that the SNP are sane. Or a good idea. Apparently neuroleptic drugs do not work for this disorder.

I got expelled from the Labour Party 30 years ago for being a member of Militant Tendency.

Trotsky for the win!!!!

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
09-08-2015 08:27 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Don's post:
BOB (08-09-2015), Spasmod (08-09-2015)
TinWhisker Online
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,754
Fortunately, everyone in my office vapes so it's a no-brainer for me. Of course, I work from home, so I am actually everyone who works in my office. Sun_bespectacled

Honestly though, before I started doing this and knew nothing about it other than it made a cloud of 'smoke', I didn't want anyone doing it around me, either. Agreed that education is essential, and also agree that the health crazies will never allow correct information and proper education to interfere with their vilification efforts. It's a real shame, too, because as an alternative to smoking, this stuff saves lives.
09-08-2015 09:59 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TinWhisker's post:
BOB (08-09-2015), Xprimentyl (08-12-2015)