Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I bought a new vape unit
Derrick Offline

Likes Given: 0
RE: I bought a new vape unit
I still cant quite get my head around these methods of smoking or vaping

I turned my unit down to 5Wats, still cant take it down without coughing, never got any vapour either when I exhaled either
29-04-2016 09:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Skyray Offline
The Little Squonklet
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 1,113
(29-04-2016 09:22 PM)Derrick Wrote:  I still cant quite get my head around these methods of smoking or vaping

I turned my unit down to 5Wats, still cant take it down without coughing, never got any vapour either when I exhaled either

They do need higher watts for sub ohm tanks you could try a nautilus tank that would be a good start and go from there, that was one of the first better tanks i got Smile produces plenty of vapour and flavor but a level down from the sub ohm tanks, i use mine on 9 or 10 watts
29-04-2016 09:42 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Does your juice vendor offer 0mg/nic-free juice? If so, you could get some of that and mix it with the older stuff to get lower nicotine. Also, juice that's too high in PG can cause irritation. I never use anything with more PG than 60VG/40PG, and when I'm using high-power mods for DTL vaping I only use 75VG/25PG or higher. It's possible you could have a PG allergy, it's not common but some people are allergic to PG and it can have similar irritating effects. 

There should be some good juice vendors that sell lower nicotine, most that I know of offer 3mg as an option. Totally Wicked is one of our vendors here on the forum, they offer 3mg juice to the UK and USA, and there are many others but I don't know where you're located so I can't say for sure which ones would ship to your country. Or like I said, if you can get 0mg from the same place you already buy your juice, then you could mix them and get lower nic. 

Really, when people are coughing because of vaping, there are generally four potential causes: 
  1. Using too high power, which your lungs aren't used to
  2. Dry hits caused by burning cotton in the coil
  3. Too high nicotine concentration
  4. Too high PG concentration

The first one is just a matter of getting used to it. If you've never used high-powered mods before, then it can be too much all at once and make you cough. If that's the case, it's just a matter of using it a bit more until your lungs get used to it. 
The second one is usually the most likely culprit. If your wick doesn't have enough juice, it can burn and hurt like hell. Also if a wick does get burned, it can't be fixed by just putting more juice in, you have to replace it. Be sure to properly prime your wick before using it (put a few drops of juice directly onto the coil and let it sit for a few minutes to soak in so that the wick has juice in it before you vape). 
The third and fourth problems I've already addressed, it just requires changing your juice. 

Hopefully something in here will be helpful for you. If you've been smoking for a while, you might just be coughing from the gunk/tar in your lungs getting cleaned out. It's hard to tell for sure what the problem is since there are a lot of variables. 
30-04-2016 07:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Derrick Offline

Here is the website I use for my juice

http://shop.freedomvape.eu/

I have used him since he started up, he has been good and reliable since I started using him from both our beginnings

I have been sent various sample bottles of new stuff as it comes on the market (all with very strange names and pictures) some state what PG they have, some state what the nic content is, usually just 3 strengths, low, medium, high

I don't think I have any allergy, been using it on and off over the years

I have done lots of internet searches, asked on forums about shops that sell vaping kit, but so far I have found any shops, I live in West London (sort of Harrow, Uxbridge, Ruislip way, if there is a shop I never heard or been told about them)

I am doing me best to try and get used to this Kanger, I bought 2 different tanks to see if that would help, (they didn't)

I just use the coil that comes with them (on the idea that they know what works with the unit)

It does look like I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy some new Ego batteries

Going back some time, I had different smaller tanks for the Ego, but they leaked after a short while, so I ended up with lots of leaky units, tanks and mouth pieces, its bloody awful having a pocket full of gunk in your pocket, so far, this Kanger hasn't leaked, but I haven't used it really, just sits here, fully changed, juiced up

No matter what units I have used over the years, its been the same, charge it up, fill the tank with juice, press the button, inhale, exhale (I never knew about these ways of inhaling, what ever its been called) I just smoked it like a cigarette, which I have done for too many years

If there was a shop around here, they could show me how to use it, if I even knew anyone that used the same unit it would be helpful

The closest I have is the supermarkets selling the cigarette lookalikes, which are the last thing I want

I like the flavours that vaping offers, I never took a lot of notice of the nic content or composition (PG/VG)

(I have posted a picture of juice, units and juice, I don't know if they will help any )

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2016 09:01 AM by Derrick.)
01-05-2016 09:00 AM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,220
I know vampire vapes do a 3mg 70/30, seeing as you've a bottle there.  
Vaping does take some getting used to.. but you didn't pick up a cigarette and light it for the first time without coughing or having a nicotine rush. 
If your determined to use it then get 3mg 70/30, set the mod to 15w, close down the airflow a bit and that'll be the least harsh that it'll ever be. Then get used to that like you did cigarettes. 

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
01-05-2016 11:23 AM
Derrick Offline

Of course I want to use it, lot of money spent there, plus fags are just too expensive

Not sure where that vampire stuff, I think it was a sample (as I only have one of them)

The stuff in the boxes came with the Kanger kit, 1 I have in my unit)

When I started smoking I was in a bad place, lots of blokes started smoking then,

I don't regret it though, just regret getting hooked on them
01-05-2016 11:55 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Derrick's post:
gentlydoingit* (05-01-2016)
Skyray Offline
The Little Squonklet
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 1,113
vampire vapes seems a good shop got my Sigelei 150w mod from there with some other stuff quite cheap Smile
01-05-2016 03:31 PM
Derrick Offline

I have dropped them an email, but I guess they are shut until Tuesday

I have asked them if they have any compatible juice

Hope so I am off again in 2 weeks time, but as its the US, I reckon I'll have a chance to find a shop out there
01-05-2016 04:14 PM
BOB Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 10,060
some here Derrick not to far away

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=v...fi=hd:;si:

if at first you don't succeed ,call it version 1.0
02-05-2016 06:34 AM
Derrick Offline