Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I bought a new vape unit
Derrick Offline

Likes Given: 0
I bought a new vape unit
I bought a new unit when I came back from my Africa trip

I bought fags while I was out there, at 50p-a quid a packet, who could resist, well not me Dodgy, it was just easier to light one up, plus you can smoke anywhere

There was nowhere to buy any juice anyway

After getting back, I couldn't afford to buy fags any more, at 8 quid a packet, who can ?

Anyway I bought this variable thing, a kangertech subox mini

I got it all charged up, put in some juice, set what I thought was suitable, had a good suck on it and coughed my heart out, felt like I was inhaling a bonfire, it just felt so thick

I have gone up and down with the settings, voltage, different juice, I just cant get to grips with it, I use it I cough and Christ do I cough

What are the best settings and juice to set it at ?

I used to use a Ego, with no problems, charge it, juice in and suck, that was about it, now everyone has them, I wanted something different from the crowd, this kangertech subox mini fitted the bill, it looked smart, had good reviews and had loads of videos on youtube

Well if anyone has got and used one, give me a few tips on using it, I don't want it to just be left on the shelf and I don't want to spend out on more Ego batteries, I want to use this new unit
28-04-2016 08:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
mike.williams Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,323
RE: I bought a new vape unit
First thing I gotta ask is what your nic level? Higher than 3 or 6 on a subohm will rip your damn throat out Smile

Keep Calm and Vape On!
28-04-2016 08:44 PM
Derrick Offline

(28-04-2016 08:44 PM)mike.williams Wrote:  First thing I gotta ask is what your nic level?   Higher than 3 or 6 on a subohm will rip your damn throat out Smile
 Its low, I don't feel any throat hit, just when I inhale

When I used the Ego it was medium, no problems, but the batteries are buggered for the Ego now
28-04-2016 08:50 PM
mike.williams Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Subohm does produce a lot more vapor so that could be part of it. I'm a direct lung vaper and I'm assuming you are mouth to lung? That could be part of it as well. I'm pretty new to vaping myself, since Feb this year. I'm sure members with a lot more knowledge will be answering soon.

Keep Calm and Vape On!
28-04-2016 08:53 PM
Derrick Offline

(28-04-2016 08:53 PM)mike.williams Wrote:  Subohm does produce a lot more vapor so that could be part of it.  I'm a direct lung vaper and I'm assuming you are mouth to lung?  That could be part of it as well.  I'm pretty new to vaping myself, since Feb this year.  I'm sure members with a lot more knowledge will be answering soon.
What the heck is a direct lung vaper ?

I thought you had to inhale it, through your mouth or even your nose (cant see that though)
I cant get any vapour
I hope someone can give me a heads up on this unit, it weren't cheap, shame to waste it
28-04-2016 08:57 PM
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,625
There are two ways of vaping. As with smoking. Though almost every smoker of my experience drew the smoke into their mouth then into their lungs(MTL M2L). A very few sucked the smoke directly into their lungs.(DTL - Lung Hit)

A lot of vaping kit these days assumes you do the second. And doesn't work so well when you do the first.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
28-04-2016 09:00 PM
Derrick Offline

(28-04-2016 09:00 PM)Don Wrote:  There are two ways of vaping. As with smoking. Though almost every smoker of my experience drew the smoke into their mouth then into their lungs(MTL M2L). A very few sucked the smoke directly into their lungs.(DTL - Lung Hit)

A lot of vaping kit these days assumes you do the second. And doesn't work so well when you do the first.
I have always sucked in using my mouth, either with a fag or Ecig, even when I breathe I breath in through my mouth or nose, I don't know any other way to breathe or smoke

I don't understand how you can breathe in any other way (or smoke) 

How do you get it into your lungs if you don't use your mouth or nose, every time I have seen anyone smoking, using an Ecig, its through their mouth (even on the TV)
28-04-2016 09:07 PM
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,365
Well, with the direct to lung vaping, the atty's have very generous airflow, which 1.) enables the direct lung easily, but 2) makes mouth-to-lung (old school smoking style) next to impossible. You can restrict airflow greatly and lower the wattage on a DTL atty, but would need a coil that matches thst style which is hard to get without building your own. Most of the stuff today, as said, is aimed toward DTL. The cigalikes you see on TV are made specifically for mouth-to-lung.

All you do -and it is tricky to teach yourself how at first- is breathe in all the way while firing, as though you are drawing a breath to blow out birthday candles. Then you exhale. That's all. But be aware that a high nic content will have you coughing up your large intestine if you're not ready for that!
28-04-2016 09:12 PM
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,625
You can suck stuff directly into your lungs - as you do when breathing.

Less than 1% of smokers smoked that way.

Most drew the smoke into their mouth - then sucked it into their lungs.

Entirely unlike breathing.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
28-04-2016 09:12 PM
mike.williams Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Well you do pull it in your mouth. I just doesn't stop there, it just goes straight through the mouth and down your throat into your lungs. If you've ever smoked, shall I say, illicit substances, that's the way you smoked them as well.

Normal MTL you take it in your mouth as the first step then inhale to take it into your lungs.

Keep Calm and Vape On!
28-04-2016 09:13 PM