Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Howdy everyone.
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Howdy everyone.
Howdy all, some of you know me from hanging around the flashlight forums. I smoked for decades about a pack a day if I wasn't partying then who knows 2 packs a day easy then. I picked up vaping about 5 years ago or so, something like that. This was before the 510 atomizer came out. So it's been a while. I have made at least a hundred mods over the years including VV mods using a pot and that was before you could buy one anywhere. 

Now I'm using a basic mechanical mod it's an an old megalodon that was actually a prototype model before they went into production. It was a gift from the makers for review on another forum years back. I recently bought a couple new PV's just for backups. A k100 and an omega. 

Plus I cleaned house on the wallbuy instant kill I think they are called focalecigs or something like that. I bought a bunch of egos and toppers for a penny each, sixteen all together. 

Other than this recent buying spree I haven't bought anything in years. I DIY and settled on my flavor years ago. it's Cinnamon/swedish fish with a hint of natural tobacco. 32mg
30-09-2013 06:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
RE: Howdy everyone.
Great to have you here, bud!  I had no idea you've been vaping for so long.  I'm just a novice but trying to learn all I can as fast as I can. Smile

Do you make your juice or buy it somewhere?
30-09-2013 06:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,587
Hey 18sixfifty, real nice to see you here too! I had no idea you were one of the true original Vaping guru's, I bet there's a ton of invaluable info you have gained over the years.

It's interesting that you are vaping a Mech Mod, especially with all the VV/VW mods out there, and it makes me wonder if there's some super secret trick to getting everything right with a Mech that just can't be done with a Variable Big Grin

I'd love to see some of your vaping kit, and that e-juice sounds kinda wacky lol What kinda fish ?

Welcome to TVF buddy
30-09-2013 07:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Calmaja Offline

Likes Given: 0
JM,
18650 absolutely know about e-cig much better than most of us. I've read on BLF, he made bunch of moneys on this e-cig thing few years ago. Big Grin
30-09-2013 07:12 PM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

(30-09-2013 06:59 PM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  Great to have you here, bud!  I had no idea you've been vaping for so long.  I'm just a novice but trying to learn all I can as fast as I can. Smile

Do you make your juice or buy it somewhere?

Yep, I was selling box mods and e-juice for quite a while. Then Pay-pal jacked me up and cost me a few grand so I quit doing it. 

The swedish fish is like the gummy candies. It's mostly just to add sweetness. 

The mechanical mods are my favorite because it's the only way to do sub-ohm vaping. This is when you do rebuildable atomizers. (RBA's) RBA's and micro-coils are definitely more advanced vaping. Of course really good batteries are a big part of it. AW IMR 18650's are a good place to start. Even if you don't want to go subOhm you can get a great vape using 1.8oHm or 1.5. I am not even much into the subOhm anymore and don't vape nearly as much of anything as I once did.  

This is a really easy cheater way if you want to save money using rebuildables. 

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1461503

For under $10 you get 50 prewrapped wicks. That will save you a bundle. 

I really don't suggest getting into subohm vaping unless you just want to make a hobby out of it. I also don't really have any fancy equipment to show off. I have sold off most of my early mods. Stuff like GG's GLV's etc. I traded my Vamo for a flashlight on BLF. So I'm really just down to basics now. Although I have about 1,000 20mm bottles left and a few hundred battery boxes and enough parts to make about 100 box mods, that are just gathering dust.

edit: I make all my own juice and really don't much care for any pre-made now that I have it down. I guess it's like smoking. I found what I like the best and now whenever I try something new it doesn't taste right.
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2013 08:44 PM by 18sixfifty.)
30-09-2013 08:23 PM
ChimpOnABike Offline

Likes Given: 0
Interesting to hear your story. I got suckered in by the mod thing and was heading in the Sub Ohm direction before realising just how good a vape you can get with a more modes solution. For the last month or so my Mechs have not seen much love, building my own coils for the ProTank and PuriTank and sticking it on my MVP or VV v3's gives me plenty of flavour for far less hassle and I can use the numerous phone chargers in the office at work.

That said I've got a vape meet on Sunday and I know I'll be spending at least one evening this week trying to get my dual coil set-up dialled in.
30-09-2013 09:59 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
I've only used eGo and mechs so I'm very excited for my SVD to arrive.
01-10-2013 12:42 AM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

(30-09-2013 09:59 PM)ChimpOnABike Wrote:  Interesting to hear your story. I got suckered in by the mod thing and was heading in the Sub Ohm direction before realising just how good a vape you can get with a more modes solution. For the last month or so my Mechs have not seen much love, building my own coils for the ProTank and PuriTank and sticking it on my MVP or VV v3's gives me plenty of flavour for far less hassle and I can use the numerous phone chargers in the office at work.

That said I've got a vape meet on Sunday and I know I'll be spending at least one evening this week trying to get my dual coil set-up dialled in.
I don't think you really missed anything on not going with subohm it's definitely not necessary and is a hassle. Like I said I'm not into much anymore and really don't suggest people go that route either.

(01-10-2013 12:42 AM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  I've only used eGo and mechs so I'm very excited for my SVD to arrive.
From what I hear you should really like it. When I was first doing the VV I enjoyed it because then I was still dialing in my juice. Now that I'm on the same juice all the time I don't change much.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 02:03 AM by 18sixfifty.)
01-10-2013 01:59 AM