Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
How to make your own Naturally extracted Tobacco NET's.
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
RE: How to make your own Naturally extracted Tobacco NET's.
Congrats guys and gals. It does smell funky during the mixing stage and it can also be very strong flavored depending on how long you let it cook for. This is the only way that I enjoy tobacco juice at all. I never did find a artificial tobacco flavor that I liked at all. I smoked Kools for decades so I was always a menthol guy. Never found a menthol I liked either but using a NET and just tiny bit of actual menthol crystal isn't too bad as long as you use just a TINY bit of the flavoring. Still I found I preferred the NET with a combo of cinnamon and fruit flavors.

Also, like any DIY, it's all about experimenting until you get the flavor you are looking for.

Have fun everyone!

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
13-12-2014 10:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like 18sixfifty's post:
bigcraig (12-17-2014), BOB (12-13-2014), Spasmod (12-17-2014)
NikiRY4 Offline
RY4Radio

Likes Given: 0
Ok 4 days on and the concentrate smells of....well nothing really. Little bit of an earthy smell but nothing like the aroma from the original tobacco leaf. Oh well I will mix some up with the nicotine base and see what happens. I'll slip it to hubby when he ain't looking.

In the meantime I am going to vape some home made blackberry crumble. Will report back in a few days.

RY4 Radio for Vapers is on 24/7 every day of the year. My show is Wednesday evenings 10pm til 2am

[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=28929]
17-12-2014 04:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like NikiRY4's post:
BOB (12-17-2014), Don (12-17-2014), Spasmod (12-17-2014)
Unknown03 Offline

Likes Given: 1
So I'm getting a little tired of vaping the "regular" stuff and want to try doing this again, but with the pressure cooker. Though I'm a bit confused on some parts. Surely you mean to use a canner? I don't think running a pressure cooker for 14 hours straight is possible, or are you stopping the process to fill it with water every hour/filling the water all the way to the top? Also, when you say to put the lid on backwards, I assume you mean the metal part to the glass (not the seal side). Are you supposed to tighten down the ring? 

Edit:

Or with the slow cooker for 3 days, are those 3 x 24 hour days? Big Grin

Apologies for being daft.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 09:15 PM by Unknown03.)
04-01-2015 03:57 PM
edacsac Offline

This a good thread; I signed up just to jump in on this. 

I ordered some whole leaf tobacco, a used slow cooker, and some VG (not a fan of PG). I was going to use the directions here to cook up some juice. My only question is I'd rather close the containers, since at times it will be cooking while I'm at work. What is the reasoning for leaving the containers open? I can always poke a vent hole in the cap if it's a pressure concern.

Oh, one thing I forgot: I was going to add a small percentage of vodka or similar alchohol to the VG at the very get-go, for a slightly thinner solvent. Does anyone see an issue with this?
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2015 07:54 PM by edacsac.)
05-01-2015 07:44 PM
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,226
Hi and welcome edacsac!

Shouldn't be a problem. But since you'll cook off all the alcohol, you'd probably want to use distilled water instead - much cheaper.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
05-01-2015 08:26 PM
johnsparkman Offline

O.K. This is great info, but it seems that nobody on here knows how to find the nicotine content of this tincture. Leaf only has a kit, and it is somewhat complicated. However, it tells the nic content of the mixed e-Juice. I will be doing some research to find if I can use it on one of these tinctures, as I begin making this. If anyone else has any knowledge on how to find the nic content, please post. Thanks, John 
16-01-2015 02:49 PM
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,226
From memory, the conditions aren't drastic enough to extract much nic at all. If you do want to get the nic too, get Russian leaves, powder them and extract the nicotine by refluxing the powder into alcohol in something like a Soxhlet extractor. I'd need to look up the literature to get the details but in practice the amount of nicotine extracted will be minimal.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
16-01-2015 05:04 PM
kodachrome Offline

Likes Given: 20
mmm game green juce , my favorite cigar was the thing i have missed the most . i see some niccotine free taste free in my future
02-07-2015 08:03 AM
Nebulous770 Offline

This is the post I've been searching for, I've been mixing for years but have had limited success making tobacco flavors that I could really get behind. None of the major flavor suppliers have anything I've been looking for. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us, it really helped a lot and I'll let you know how everything works out once I obtain some whole leaf and begin extracting myself.
02-09-2015 03:59 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Nebulous770's post:
18sixfifty (09-03-2015), Michael (09-02-2015)
jcarruth Offline

18sixfifty,

I tried your method for making a NET tonight. After weighing the tobacco, and then putting in twice that weight amount in VG/PG, I ended up with a slightly wet, but pretty much solid brick of tobacco that doesn't look you could barely squeeze a drop of e-juice out of it, much less 400 ml worth. It seems like you would need to marinate the tobacco in a quart or half gallon worth of VG/PG, to make it worth your while. I mean like really soak it, like you're making tea. 

I basically have a brick of tobacco that looks like it's just gotten a little wet, like a pile of wet leaves. Is it supposed to look like that? 

I'm not seeing anywhere near the amount of juice I was expecting. Does the amount of liquid increase over the 3 day process, or do you think I need to put way more VG/PG in than I did. Or do you really only get a tiny amount of e-juice out this process for all your efforts?

Am I doing something wrong here? It certainly looks that way to me. When it comes time to extract the juice out of the jar using the coffee filters, it looks like I'm going to get about 30 ml worth, if even that much. Does that sound right to you?  

Any help or advice you could give me would be appreciated. Thank you.   
09-04-2016 12:09 PM